Other people's stupidity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Let's face it, cruel as it may be, watching or hearing about other people doing stupid things is pretty chucklesome.

My brother (who sometimes hangs around here as Brith) sent me this today, encountered as part of his work of helping out with computers for libraries in the Essex area ( I'm sure his job has a proper name, somewhere...)

"Our top contender for most stupid IT call of the year
has just come in from Harlow Library. The call was
about a modem connected to a laptop that had stopped
working. Every time they tried to get to the internet
Windows couldn't detect the modem. This modem was
external, was about four inches long by two inches
across, only had one light on it, no on or off switch,
had Dell written on it and didn't connect into phone
line but did need to be plugged in to a power socket.
Yes, the modem turned out to be the power adapter for
the laptop."

And you'll be surprised how often he has given problems like that.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had some amusing stories about other people being dense...

queeq
laughing out loud

yerssot
there once was someone that called himself queeq...

queeq
About STUPID people, yerss.... STUPID. So what did you do yesterday, Yers?

Ratcat
Yesterday has been and gone, can't change that.

First worry about today, then if you have time you can always think about tomorrow.

queeq
How.... serious of you.

Ratcat
Nope, not serious, just realistic.

mechmoggy
One of the funniest stories I ever read was an FHM magazine "true story"....

This bloke would go and see his elderly father at weekends to help around the house or do a bit of gardening for him. The house was in council estate and there was a big electricity pylon in the back garden, well one leg of the pylon anyway and the other legs in his surrounding neighbours gardens.

One weekend he's digging the back garden for his dad and treads in a big pile of poop. Not happy with this doggy-log on his shoe he leans against the pylon leg and begins shaking his foot to get the poop off. Meanwhile his dad is washing up in the kitchen and see's his son shaking his leg. His dad came screaming out of the back door and promptly smacked his son round the back of the head with a a big wooden post.

You see he thought his son was getting an electric shock from the pylon and was attempting to save him. laughing out loud

Don't know if it is a "true story" but I was in bits when I read it. big grin

queeq
laughing out loud

barbie_girl
my brother whos 17 told me about that one but it was ages ago i think. but still i found it v.funny. ha ha laughing out loud

Lara
blahdyblahdyblah!

barbie_girl
funny lara i forgot to larf. who pissed in ur cornflakes

Lara
No 1 coz I didnt have breakfast. but you know exactly why I'm not in a particularlly good mood.*humpf*

barbie_girl
tut tut

Lara
*pulls sarcastic face*

yerssot
sad

Ushgarak
My brother runs into lots of stupidity at work. There was the girl who complained that her computer was broken; she had an error nmessage, she'd turned the computer off, but every time she turned it back on again it just displayed the same error message.

Turned out she was turning the monitor off and on.

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Got another fave from FHM....

This Scottish student is in his digs having a beer with some friends. They are all sitting on his bed when the beer runs out and he volunteers to go to the off-license and buy more. He slides off the bed and off he goes. On his return his mates are all doubled up in laughter at him and he soon see's why. You see in an attempt to be patriotic he was wearing a kilt and when he slid off the bed, he had left a..... how shall I say this...... a fudge strip.

queeq
laughing out loud but also *yuck*

yerssot
I just got why my birth was kept a secret!

When my mother was going into labor, my father carried her to the car, they drove outside, but the garagedoor wouldn't close and they had borrowed something from the neighbours so they thought: what about when they steal that??
So my father went back inside, got the machine, put it somewhere save, got to the car, so something expansive back in the garage (he doesn't know what it was) ran back in, locked it away, got back in the car, drove away with my mother and little sister.
Dropped my mother off in the hospital (well, to her room) got back to the car, drove my sister to my grandparents, got breakfast there, drove back, without my sister, to the hospital.
My mother slept, and he was awake. When my mother woke up, she asked if her parents knew about the labour. My father ran back to his car, drove to her grandparents, realized that he already told them that, drove to my grand-aunt, said that my mother was in labour, drove back to my mother.
After a few hours, I was born and my parents thought everything was finished now, and my father went home for some sleep (heck, he was awake for 23 hours!) and when he came home he hearede the phone, he answered it and it was my grandmother.
She was panicking because she hadn't heared anything for the last 10 hours. After a few hours (3 orso) he drove back to my mother, and 10 minutes later, my grand-uncle came in, asked if anything was well, and ran back to my grand-aunt to report
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing
Giving birth can give serious problems smilesmile

queeq
Are you sure they took the right kid home. Your parents seem pretty nice people. evil face

yerssot
you haven't seen them! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Damn man, that was funny! Normally my father is the "cool-guy" like, everything is going to work fine... and then suddenly he has to go back two times, forgets a lot of things... smile

queeq
Heck, with a kid like you, who can blame him.

yerssot
not me big grin

well, why don't you say something about YOUR stupidities?
ow wait! You can't write them all down, then the server will get overloaded!

queeq
Sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.