GOlden Globes noms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini
heyyyyyy ROTK picked up 4 nominations this morning from the Golden globes
The nominations are:
1. Best Picture, drama
2. Best Director- Peter Jackson
3. Best original score- Howard Shore
4. Best Original Song-Into the west- Annie Lennox

congrats you guys

SKAliv
Ehhhhh....Sean Astin deserves Best Actor. I swear, every time he came on screen, I started sobbing hysterically. Not many actors can do that. He's so talented!

Corlindel
Yeap. They forgot Sean Austin. He deserves a nomination for his development.

fini
uh DID you guys see who else got nominated???.......Competition is Fierce!!!

and there is no way in hell he could get best actor nom........he's supporting role

Altar[1stONE]
This movie is so well done , so real since the first one I think every actor in this film is great. PJ got a very good cast , i know a good actor or actress when you truly believe thier that character.

ElvenQueen
They better win every single one of those awards! They deserve it!

Hania
He totally deserves the award, but yeah competition is fierce. E! interviewed him, but i forgot what he said. Darn it! and i just watched the show too! ARGH!!!

Hypernova
PJ has to win Best Director!!

Aurora
The problem about all of the LOTR films is that they are ensemble movies. Although there are actors that take top billing in credits and tv apperances, the movie focuses on every charactor. It is very hard for a film like that to be nominated for acting roles. I would have loved to see Sean nominated, he deserved it. No one has mentioned Elijah's preformance. I really think it is the best work that I have ever seen him do.

Verity
I know they've been nominated but...shouldn't the actors be getting something by now?? sad

Hania
Wouldn't they get them at the oscars? And how do you nominate a person as best actor, or best supporting actor from the films, that's what I don't understand. All 9 were part of a fellowship, what do they base it on?

Verity
They don't stand a chance at the Oscars...I'm sorry to say! sad

Hania
I will pray for them to be nominated and win, but it's a fact that competition is very, very tough this year. It's certainly going to be an awards show worth watching.

Verity
I'l pass out if they do! I'm afraid of Cold Mountain.... sad

Hania
I know!!! Best drama, actress, supporting actress, and actor!!! I say again, competition is tough! sad

Verity
yes

shadow link
ian makellen got a nom for fotr for best supporting oscar which got 14 noms altogether but only got 4 wins so this time it should get at least 14 noms and win 12 +

as for the golden globes arnt there more catagories for sfx and cinematography, like were there any places it could have been nominated, could it have got and more than 4 ( taking into acount people from epic action m,ovies like this cant get nomitaed for acting awards since its an action movie and these people are biast against action movie) even though it has the BEST acting

which is y i dont know y uma thurman got a nom for kill bill thats a definate action movie

fini
true true, but as much as we love LOTR there are movies out there ( that we most likely HAVE NOT seen) that have actors and actresses with absolutely INcredible performances......so we can make a choice like the nomination board........they have to watch everything ( most before they are released) and then make their decisions.

i agree with verity.........cold mountain is gonna pick up noms for Kidman, Law and Zellweger......LAst Samurai has one of Cruise's best performances.....and then THE great Nicholson is there too..........man i love, love love lotr but i cant see them getting more than one acting nomination( and thats a long shot too)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.