Pippins song [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camellia
Does anybody know the exact words that Pippin sings on the Steward of Gondor track?

I know some of them, and have looked on the net but to no avail. Anybody here know the words??

enya
im desperate people i need to have the words to the really cute song (dat made me cry) that pippin sung when denethor made him grrrrr!!!!

if anyone has the drunken song that merry and pippin sing ogether in rohan cud i have that too

thanx smile

ilvorlandobloom
just look at my siggy! big grin

enya
thank you thank you thankyou

*saving*

was u aware that you are a god or saint whicheva you prefer

sauron
a valar

ilvorlandobloom
oh, thank you... i prefer a saint... lol, j/k

BurnetteBeauty1
That song is the best! i didnt know he could sing that good!
well i thought it was good

enya
i know his voice OMG it was so touchin

iz there n e hope gettin the merry and pippin song words, because i loved that one two

jus a fools hope i spose

Camellia
How come when I asked this quesiton a couple of days ago no body replied! confused

Doesn't matter! I don't mind really! (Besides, I'm in a very good mood. I've just been given a silver One Ring as an early Christmas present!)

I love that song, he sings it so beautifully!

enya
ahh bless ya

ive said it b4 and i will say it again i love that cute song its so touchin

ilvorlandobloom
when did u ask the question? believe me, i would have answered but i never saw u ask it. all i have to say is to look at my siggy! lol
i love this song so much. im gettin the soundtrack TOMORROW!!!! and i cant wait to hear this song again!

ilvorlandobloom
i dunno where the lyrics to the Merry & Pippin song would be cuz its not on the soundtrack! sad pity, isnt it?

enya
im gettin the soundtrack in two days- its almost christmas yahoo

szhismine
Home is behind, the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread.
Through shadow, to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade
Hope shall fade, all shall... fade.

smile

ilvorlandobloom
i love it!!!

enya
ive got shivers down my spine

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, me too... and i cried...

Kathrin
... just hear it in German *grrr* But I can imagine how cute this song is in English. Billy Boyd has a really nice voice. And he's really cute.

enya
i cried to, does it sound strange neva thought of it in a nother language

ilvorlandobloom
me neither...

namarie
i love this song !!!^^

The Steward of Gondor :

Home is behind
The world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow
To the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shape
Hope shall fail
All shall fade

Camellia
Nah, I do not hold it against any of you for not answering my thread :P

I'm just glad to have the words!big grin

Pipage558
Man I like that song! It made me cry too! parts of the song is in the Fellowship of the Ring book under the chapter "Three's a Company"
eek! I immediately recognized the lyrics to the song right when I read it!

IcepicK
Heres's the lyrics for anyone that might interest

orlandoOYEA
That is an awesome graphic how the pic and lyrics are put together. Hu ever did it did a wonderful job

AliasNeo52
Did anyone else think that Billy Boyd did a great job of siging that? I do!

Exa
Wow.
Looks absolutely great. Congratulations to whoever did it. Wonderful job.

tates8
It was amazing! when i heard him i freaked he's voice was great!

ElvenQueen
Billy Boyd...hes cute and he can sing...aww I love him sooo much!

KingOfGondor292
Thats real cute ^^ I really like that song 2

PippinTook
I love Billy...I've done two or three threads about him hehe. That pic is awesome though. I love it.

IcepicK
Yes its a nice picture, you can find it a www.devianart.com (http://www.deviantart.com/view/4386513/). I as made by ~messa([email protected]).. and there are much more pictures of LOTR by her.

Aragorn#1
hes voice is great i love that song!! cool pic

Kitoky
Billy Boyd is a great actor and he as this just amazingly cute scottish accent.

Aragorn#1
i know dont you just love his accent!! ah its great

Ariadne
Yeah, the Scottish accent is just so great.

Exa
Absolutely... but what I like most is his scream when the scene with the fireworks was shot big grin big grin big grin

uberradish
I also loved that song... I think I'm obsessed with it. big grin?! Billy has an amazing voice! Is that song in the book...? I couldn't find it anywhere. But oh well. I still love it.

Exa
His song is the darker variation of a poem in the book, yes; I posted the poem in an other thread about the song

ElvenQueen
can u post it again pwease?

Exa
Upon the hearth the fire is red,
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet,
Still around the corner we may meet
A sudden standing stone
That none have seen but we alone.

Tree and flower and leaf and grass,
Let them pass! Let them pass!

Hill and water under sky,
Pass them by! Pass them by!

Still around the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though we pass them by today,
Tomorrow we may come this way
And take the hidden paths that run,
Towards the Moon or to the Sun.
Apple, thorn and nut and sloe
Let them go! Let them go!
Sand and stone and pool and dell,
Fare you well! Fare you well!

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.

Then world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back to home and bed.

Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade! Away shall fade!
Fire and lamp, and meat and bread,
And to bed! And then to bed!

Dyl
That song is AMAZING!!! In fact I'm listening to it right now, lol. I would have never thought he would have such an awesome voice!! But OMG, that song, and the scene, it made me cry!!

PippinTook
He does have an amazing voice. I love it! But tell me, is it "hope shall fail" or "all shall fade." The "mist and shadow, cloud and shade, hope shall fail, all shall fade." Someone told me it was "all shall fade" instead of "hope shall fail" but others told me different so I can't be sure. HELP ME!!!! I've watched the movie twice (a third time in a few hours) and I've listened to the soundtrack many times but I still can't figure it out...

BurnetteBeauty1
that song was so awsome!

IcepicK
Its "Hope shall fade" and then "All shall fail".. look it at the picture iThat I first posted

PippinTook
OK I thought so I just wasn't sure. Thanx!

Melani
hey neone know where i can download that song??? it made me cry like it gave me a weird feeling inside and i dieing to hear it again

Kitoky
I think Billy Boyd has more of tenor voice, but he can sometimes hit that bass.

IcepicK
fyou can find the song in kazaa (about 1.3mg long) or i can send it to you just give me your mail

taotia
i LuRve thAt sOng too!!!

azszhz
Man that is one of my favorite parts of the movie and that picture is awesome.
i wish i could draw like that
*cries*

Melani
ok i just listened to the sound track and i am postive he says
"Hope shall fade, all shall fade" you really have to listed close to tell i am positive!!!!

Kitoky
Pippin's song was really heartbreaking and that was one of the moments when you just felt like crying man.

Gollum_Gal
Pippin's song ROTK

Home is behind,
The world ahead,
and there are many paths to tread,
through shadow.
to the edge of night,
until the stars are all alight,
mist and shadow,
cloud and shade,
hope shall fail
all shall........fade.

This song is so sad it made me cry. every time i hear it i break down. I dont think there is a LOTR fan in the world who doesnt like it! OMG i cant even say how Much i love it! I love it cuz its sad and pippin sings it and because he has a good voice and because its awesome! I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH! i diddnt know that he could sing that good. if sum 1 dont like it then they should burn!

KingOfGondor292
I like it really much also! Its really sad and really good! smile Billy has a good voice. hehesmile ... I almost cried when I heard itsad I love it a lot too!smile I really like Pippin, and mostly all pippin fans are touched by hearing the song lol smilesmile

Member.
yup.

Suzuka
did you know that Billy Boyd wrote the song actually? and though of 3 melodies that PJ then picked one of...I do love the song though smile i'm actually looking for the words for his and Merry's song, i can't seem to find it, can anyone help? oh, and i'm new here, hi smile i've been looking for a LOTR forum, cause i'm a LOTR freak smile

Elvinarrow
i want to know plz

Kitoky
I don't think you can download any because the movie just came out and no ones really had the point to put it on MP3's and set it up.

Elvinarrow
well i downloaded once on this site from another person but it is screwed

Elvinarrow
wacko wacko wacko

Miss Marcie
http://www.dowingba.com/archives/2003/12/21.03.56.24

Miss Marcie
Here is the song -> http://www.dowingba.com/archives/2003/12/21.03.56.24
Hurry! smile

Suzuka
I wish someone would e-mail Billy and ask him, since I think he says "all shall fade" twice...i don't see HOW he could say "hope" it doens't sound like "hope" at all

Eamane
I think that billy boyd is an excellent singer and he did the job very well. In fact that is one of my favourite parts of the film: as he is singing we can see faramir getting prepared to the defense of osgiliath and the lyrics complete the images.... and when denethor eats a tomato (??) and it seems like he has blood in his mouth, blood starts runnig in the battle... yes wink wink

FreddieFreeload
I have a real easy solution. You buy the soundtrack (or follow Miss Marcies link, if you must).

Lord_Andres
I downloaded a few songs from ROTK on Kazaa

Discos
kazaa, the evil of all downloadable things,

Discos - aka virus central

Phoenix
The CDs already out, just try music download centres, I'm sure someones got it.

Or buy the CD!

Lord_Andres
what do you mean by that Discos

Melani
Kazaa

Suzuka
I just listened to it again, so sorry, you're right ::ashamed:: it is hope! I'm so glad I found out smile the music just gets loud right there and it was hard to hear, I can only tell because I heard a "p"

Melani
it is.. hope shall fade, all shall fade

Sifer
I've got the highest possible quality MP3 of it. You know why? Cause I bought it big grin But I will be happy to send you ONE song as long as you're gonna buy it. I highly recommend the limited edition version of the album in the Green Leatherette Case, of which I have all 3 matching big grin

samIam
oo if you don't want to hear the intro thing to billy's song then PM me and I can email it to u

Miss Marcie
I bought a box that has the three soundtracks and some pictures of each character ... It's great smile

Kitoky
You could try Kazaa there's a big chance you'll find one.

Elvinarrow
i can't use kazaa

Melani
Ok ppl sorry to say but thoes are not the right lyrics sad here are the correct ones

Home is behind The world ahead..
There are many pathes to tread..
Through shadow to the edge of night..
Mist and Shadow Cloud and shade..
All shall fade...all shall fade.

Thoes are correct ... and yes i still have to fix my signature stick out tongue

Melani
ok My sig is fixed now stick out tongue... hope you enjoy thoes lyrics smile

Kitoky
Melani it's All shall fail, all shall fade dude.

Melani
its all shall fade ... all shall fade i know i though it was that too but listen to the song u can tell i even read it on the script

Kitoky
Um...I read it on the script, it says right there All shall fail, all shall fade.

Kitoky
I'm wrong!! It's 'Hope shall fail, all shall fade.'

Melani
ok here is the address http://www.legomirk.com/lotrscript2003/table_of_content.html go there and read under // all shall fade // and read down to the song its all shall fade ... all shall fade

Kitoky
That's based on the movies though, have you read the whole poem Bilbo wrote??

PippinTook
I'm still not sure as to whether it's "hope shall fail" or "all shall fade" or "all shall fail" or whatever.....in the movie, it sounds kinda like all shall fade and on the soundtrack it kinda sounds like hope shall fail....ahh crap so confusing!!! anyways, here's the lyrics to the song Merry and Pippin sing in Rohan:
Oh you can search far and wide
You can drink the whole town dry
But you'll never find a beer so brown
As the one we drink in our home town...
You can keep your fancy ales
You can drink 'em by the flagon
But the only brew for the brave and true
Comes from The Green Dragon!

I'm positive those are the correct words...I've seen the movie 3 times and I've asked a few people and it's the exact words...I love that song just as much as the one Pip sand for Denethor, that evil madman. Hehe.

Peregrin_Took
thanx to morgul-lord, i finally have both drinking songs! if ya want them (or one) just send me a pm!!

"it's me, it's pippin"

Kitoky
All requests shall be made here, also any other sources available to get these songs are welcome.

PippinTook
What's the Edoras drinking song?? confused I thought there was just one............ugh....

Peregrin_Took
the edoras song is the one merry and pippin sing in return of the king

Exa
EHEM

Why do you start the same threads again and again?

There are already tons of threads about this single song
Get up an old thread, new ones just block the forum

PippinTook
Oh....OK then what's the Green Dragon drinking song? I thought that was the one in Edoras.....confused Ack so confused!!

Kitoky
Exa I decided to make an official one so that this all gets sorted out.

Peregrin_Took
ok the green dragon song is the one merry and pip sing in the "special-edition" Fellowship of the Ring

Exa
Ok lol
the other ones were a little confusing big grin

Peregrin_Took
yes, sry about that...i'm new here and don't quite understand all of the rules and stuff

"pippintook" r u still confused about the songs?

PippinTook
Ah! Not anymore stick out tongue OK so the Edoras one is "Oh you can search far and wide, you can drink the whole town dry" song, right? And the Green Dragon song is the "Hey ho to the bottle I go, to heal my heart and drown my woe" song. Am I right? confused But the song they sing in Edoras...the last line is "Comes from The Green Dragon" so that's why I was confused stick out tongue Sowwy haha.

Peregrin_Took
yup you're right!!! hurrrah 4 PippinTook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MorgulLord
yeh, if you wantany song (like Pippins "home is bhind"wink just ask and ill b happy to get it for you

PippinTook
I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum knows all the words to Pippin's song and the Green Dragon song and pretty much every song in LOTR because of all these freakin threads roll eyes (sarcastic)

MorgulLord
no i mean the actual sound file! big grin

Peregrin_Took
lord of the rings could be a musical...pippin sings, merry sings, frodo sings, the elves sing, aragorn sings, gollum sings...

Kitoky
yes we have mocked that subject about lotr musical big grin

MorgulLord
I think LOTR woudlnt be same without all the music and poems!

Peregrin_Took
i'm glad they used some of the songs from the book(even if they are changed a little)

MorgulLord
yea, how come we dont get to hear Gandalf sing sad

MorgulLord
sniper <---that rox! (soz bit off topic stick out tongue)

Peregrin_Took
lol yea just a little...o well..we can all be weird and crazy here

so whatz everybody's favorite song? (from the books or movies)

Firithlotwen
i thought ill find the lyrics of the drinkin songs here........
so can anyone post them?? big grin

PippinTook i loooove your new sig!!

Peregrin_Took
sure!
Green Dragon:
Hey! Ho! to the bottle I go
To heal my heart and drown my woe.
Rain may fall and wind may blow
But there still be many miles to go!
Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain
And the stream that falls from hill to plain
Better than rain or rippling brook
Is a mug of beer inside this Took!

Edoras:
Oh you can search far and wide
You can drink the whole ground dry
But you'll never find a beer so brown (they sing this 3 times in sort of a round)
As the one we drink in our home town...
You can keep your fancy ales
You can drink them by the flagon
But the only brew for the brave and true...
Comes from the Green Dragon!

Peregrin_Took
so anyway back to my question

Kitoky
Gandalf does sing.....he sings that song in the beginnig of Fotr....remember...

Peregrin_Took
o yes, i forgot gandalf...bilbo sings the same song...just another to add to the list

pip-foot
GAndalf's song:

the road goes ever on and on
out from the door wehre it began

drat! I forgot the rest sad

do you want any others Firith?

MorgulLord
gandalf sings?! is it EE cos i cant remember sad

pip-foot
i dont think so. Its when frodo is reading in the shire. GAndalf comes up in his cart and is sining 'the road goes ever on and on'

PippinTook
It's:
The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Oh, now far ahead the road has gone
And I must follow if I can

And there's more in the books, I don't think anyone sings the rest in the movies.....

Thank you big grin Phoenix made it stick out tongue

Oh, I'm terribly sorry big grin Would you happen to have the file for the Edoras song? Or the drinking song they sung in Hobbiton?? At the Green Dragon? big grin Happy Dance I love those songs.

And, yes, pip-foot's right. Gandalf sings that song in the beginning of FOTR when Frodo is sitting under the tree reading.

MorgulLord
i do hav it, ill send u it 2 morro (Edoras song that is ) big grin

pip-foot
oh oh! send if to me too please! smile

Peregrin_Took
i hav both, just give me your email and i'll send them to u

pip-foot
[email protected]

Peregrin_Took
ok i sent them...don't be afraid to speak up if they don't work

MorgulLord
thankyou Peregrin, although ther are so many Pippins, And Piipin Tooks and Peregrin Tooks i get confused who im send the thing to :s

Firithlotwen
how about the one that aragorn sings in lorien? i think it is in FOTR EE big grin big grin big grin

thanks for the lyrics!! rolling on floor laughing

it's nice having all of them in one thread :P

Peregrin_Took

Kitoky
I think someone needs the clip of Aragorn's solo at his coronation.

PippinTook
Ooh, I'd like Aragorn's song stick out tongue Does anyone have it? Ey Peregrin Took, I PMed you with my email address....

Peregrin_Took
i have aragorn's song! it's on the soundtrack i'll try getting it for u guys...

PippinTook
Oh, no I have it on the soundtrack too. I meant the one he sings in the FOTR EE.

Peregrin_Took
ooooo i can try finding it but i can't promise anything...

PippinTook
Alright, thanks

Peregrin_Took
still looking 4 that song...but so far no luck...it's kinda funny i have like every one else's song...gollums, gandalf's. but....no aragorn.

PippinTook
laughing out loud Yeah, poor Aragorn probably feels left out sad Hahaha.

Peregrin_Took
lol, sry aragorn, we still love u....

PippinTook
Of course we do! love Not as much as Pippin, but we love you almost as much! Aww, well, that sounds mean.....I'M SOWWY ARAGORN!!!! sad

He knows we love him haha.

Peregrin_Took
ok good news and bad news...the good news is i'm getting the song from someone....the bad news is i don't know when i'll get it exactly...it shouldn't be too long tho...maybe a couple days.

Kitoky
Well atleast you're gettin' it big grin

Peregrin_Took
does anyone want any other song...besides aragorn's(i will hav his shortly)?

Isilcal
Hey! Can I have both songs if it isnt much? Lol! [email protected] ...... erm

Kitoky
Aragorn's lament for Luthien?

Peregrin_Took
Isilcal i sent them...your other email address wouldn't work...so that's y it took so long..sry

agent bob
whats pippins song called
confused

bandgirl799
im trying to find that song online so i can listen to it, can anyone post a link or something so i can download it? i absolutely love that song and i havent heard it since i saw the movie.
thankies if you can

Melani
sad i wish i had a accent sad

pippinsfan
hey everyone! i'm new here! my name is Sam. How is everyone?

pippinsfan
agent bob...pippins song is called The Steward Of Gondor

ilvorlandobloom
i love it when Pippin sings that song....big grin hes so cute!

Lianslo
not only is he absolutely precious when he sings it...but he's a rocking awesome singer! now this question has prolly been asked b/f embarrasment sorry, but does the person who plays pippin....Billy Boyd....does he actually sing it?

and Isilcal, your sig ROCKS!

telecontari
Pippin's song to Denethor is as follows:

Home is behind

The World ahead

And their are many paths to tread

Through shadow

To the edge of night

Mist and shadow

Cloud and shade

All shall fade