complaints on things not in the book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lkotbr33
personally i dont like when PJ adds things. he didnt write the book like in TTT when aragorn falls over the cliff it NEVER happens at all. celeborn never goes over the sea in the book

arwen22
that was my husband told me, but he like's the movie...lol

lkotbr33
i still like the movie but i think its just not cool to insert stuff u didnt create. all three r gr8 movies

fini
argh........ PEOPLE IF YOU COULD HAVE done better then you should have made the damn movie........making a movie is VERY DIFFERENT from writing a book

PJ had to make scenes that flowed, even though some were good and some omissions were HORRIBLE.........the man and his crew made 3 great movies. U whiners out there should pipe down

ElvenQueen
the only change I didnt appreciate was the Frodo turning on Sam part.... Everything else I didn't mind too much.

Morgoths_Wrath
I loved all three of the movies in the trilogy, but i didnt like the fact that they didnt explain what happened to Saruman at all! I mean come on, he was one of the cheif villains in the series, you can't leave stuff like that out.

Morgoths_Wrath
i know that was in the book, but yea well

ElvenQueen
no it wasn't.

lkotbr33
i agree with the frodo and sam and saruman

Hypernova
For that very reason, I am looking forward to the DVD EE.

I also want to know how Eowyn and Faramir got together big grin

Member.
can't blame PJ for leaving a few things out and putting stuff in. Making a movie is totally different from writing a book. Tolkien didn't write the LOTR for readers, but for his own enjoyment.

The Omega

Cowboyography
I hope he puts in the Houses of Healing, I know no scorning was ever shot (bummer). So Sarumon will have to die at Orthunk, hmmmm. Mabey its best he did leave out Sarumon's death.

Verity
Absolutely true! Sure some things were missing!.....but to put EVERYTHING in there would have required a 6 hr movie, and the theater ppl were already giving him a rolleye when he said this one was 3 1/2 hrs!

Verity
Saruman will be in the dvd! I understand what PJ meant by "pacing" now! It would have been totally counter productive to put Saruman in.....a book is different! Movies have a rythm that u have to respect!

Member.
the movie is awesome. no arguement.

nephalim27
Didn't Celeborn go to new-Lorien, in the south of old Mirkwood, at the end of the Third Age? I am pretty sure Lorien was abandoned.

ElvenQueen
Celeborn ditched his wife? I forgot that and I read the books.

Ushgarak
Oh, that was Celeborn, was it?

PJ's explanation makes no sense, else he would have put the Saruman bits at the end of the TTT extended edition. THe statement has no logic to it anyway if you think about it. Let's face it, he cut it for time and pacing and no other reason.

Ariadne
There were definitely some things that I wanted to see in the movie that were left out, but I really appreciate that they didn't go making stuff up and changing things very much like in TT. Pretty much the only thing that was different in the plot was Frodo telling Sam to go home, and it was just about the saddest thing ever. So now I just have to wait about a year for the extended edition to see the Houses of Healing, but I can definitely deal with it.

nazgulinthedark
THE DRAGONS!!! THE RINGWRAITHS ARN'T SOPPOSED TO BE ON DRAGONS PEOPLE!!! THEY HAVE TO BE ON HORSES IN THE THIRD ONE!!!! AHHHHH, ONLY IN THE PART W/ EOWYN DOES THE WITCH KING RIDE A FELL BEAST, THE OTHER TIMES BEFORE THAT HE IS ON A HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.