Odd thing about the trailers- no droids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Odd that, isn't it? All indications are that the Trade Federation and the Battle droids are again the main enemy for the new films; we hear of new 'super-droids' that give the Jedi trouble and are meant to give some credibility to Jedi casaulties in the final abttle (droids being crap and all).

Yet not one peek of them in the trailers! Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it IS odd.

Leia_2000
well, in the one trailer it had c3p0 and r2-d2, but that doesn't really count, and then there was something about how they're using "clone troopers" (basically stormtroopers only with a different name) so they're kinda the alternative to battle droids. I think that with the clone troopers, GL was trying to connect a little with the original Star Wars movies. Also in the "breating" trailer (I think) it shows a whole bunch of clone troopers, and it reminded me of the battle droid army.
So to conclude, the way I figure it: Clone Troopers instead of Battle Droids smile

Texas
I like the fact that GL hasn't showed the super droids, we need to have some surprises you know.............

Ushgarak
We're pretty certain the droids are in. The scriptment (mostly accurate) says so, and if you look at the website you'll see the ep.ii databank is full of Trade Federation and droid descriptions.

In fact, from what we can tell, the CLone Troppers role in the movie is extremely small... difficult to be sure about things yet, though.

Leia_2000
well, u are right about how there's a lot of trade federation/battle droid stuff in the ep. II databank, but with the shutting down of the battle droid control computer, maybe the trade federation learned that that wasn't the way to go (however nobody ever learned that a second deathstar wasn't gonna work either smile ). However the trailer showed a HUGE army of what I think was clone troopers, but there doesn't seem to be anything about them in the databank, so who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait until may for the movie smile

Ushgarak
Indeedy so. But as I say, we have a lot of good info on the droids being there.

Captain REX
There is a droid called a Rickshaw Droid in Trailer C. His ID is
RIC-920. He pulls a hovering Rickshaw, which originated in China. It is pulled through the streets by Rickshaw drivers in China, but is pulled by Rickshaw droids on in Mos Espa. Here's what the droid looks like.

bigsef2
I think that for a movie called "attack of the clones," its somewhat anti-climatic that they are involved so little. how accurate is the scriptment anyway? it seems to fit with the clips weve seen from the trailer, but where did the scriptment come from? could lucasfilm have leaked a faulty script on PURPOSE just to surprise the fans?

queeq
We don't know how accurate. But I do think that this movie may focus more on the Clone Problem than on the droid problem. After all, the clones are supposed to replace the droids as army.

Ratcat
There will be battle droids, oh so many battle droids.....

queeq
Super battle droids even.

Ratcat
Yep, but didn't want to spoil it for em.

We will see both regular battle droids and new, improved super battle droids. And lots of them too!!!

Ushgarak
Will we seem them in the February trailer, you think?

yerssot
well, the jedis has to suffer big losses...

Leia_2000
there could be both, but in my own way of thinking, which isn't necessarily right, I think that a movie called attack of the clones, might use some "clonetroopers." My evidence is the trailer, which shows a huge army of clonetroopers, and other pictures that I've seen around that show the clonetroopers. But who knows? confused again we'll just have to wait I suppose (either that or take some hostages and force somebody to tell us smile )

yerssot
why are the normal ones not prohibited after TPM???

Ushgarak
Because the logical extension of that would be to ban ALL armed forces.

It is their USE that would have to be proscribed, not their existence.

Leia, from what we know, the appearance of clones in the new movie is surprisingly small.

Captain REX
A cool thing about the Super Battle Droids. The Trade Federation has learned since the last time they came face to face with Jedi. When Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon infiltrate the Droid Control ship, they disable it.
This is when you think all the droids are going to shut off and the Jedi win the battle on Geonasis, right? Wrong. Only the normal battle droids fall over like sticks. The super droids keep on fighting. A super battle droid kills Plo Koon with a laser bolt, for he puts his guard down, thinking the droids are duds now. Ki-Adi then slices up the super droid and escapes the ship.
Padme then signals the clonetroopers and they come down in Republic Gunships. The clonetroopers march out and blast the super battle droids into oblivion. Most of the Jedi are dead and only a few members of the Jedi council are left (Yoda, Mace, Ki-Adi). Yoda states that the Clone Wars have begun, and then we wait till Ep. III to see if the battle droids are still in use 2 years later.

Ushgarak
You know, that sounds stupid to me. What about the infallible Jedi danger sense, huh? Should be near impossible to surprise a Jedi, let alone a Council member. Kloon should see the bolt coming.

Meanwhile, I very much doubt that the entire Jedi Order came to that battle- that's just silly.

It's an area the scriptment and virtual edition was a bit fuzzy about.

yerssot
stupid reason to kill Plo ...

queeq
But strong rumopurs did say only Ki-Adi, Mace, Yoda and PLo-Koon are the only survivors of the JC at the end of AOTC.

THe Virtual Edition hasn't been updated for quite a while. Not even with new screenshots from the trailers. I'm pretty sure a nice new update would look great.

Ushgarak
Seems SO odd, doesn't it? The entirity of the Jedi leadership turning up for this one battle; and then these 'super droids' somehow being hard enough to wipe out most of the ruling body of the hardest people in the Universe...

mah
It's a hard knock life

peluffo
i can't figure that "super battle droids" after "battle droids" and "Droidekas" on EP1.... What is this???? MechCommander or something???? Is this MANGA???? it's hard to believe (for me, please don't hit me hard) that GL use "reforced resources" and make this PT a repetitive saga...
There MUST be enemies to match the jedis!!! and they must be a darker ones, and I guess (or maybe hope) not mechanics.
I think that there is a well guarded secret that will rock us when we see the movie (o maybe another trailer, near may)

yerssot
I hope that's true!

Ushgarak
Well, I did open up this thread to address the anomaly between the plain appearance of battle droids in the scriptment and so forth and their conspicuous non-appearance in the trailers...

...but really, it's getting harder and harder to doubt their appearance, the things we know are pretty darn accurate.

peluffo
well. then i' go to "WEB hunting" to see another sites and try to get a Pic or fantasies about that SUPERDROIDS. If I found Something, i'll post here.
I'm really curious about this particular issue.

queeq
Absence of shot doesn't mean anything. We don't see Shmi, but she's in it. We only see ONE shot of Clones and it's called Attack of the Clones. And so on and so on.

Perhaps they didn't finish the CGI yet.

yerssot
"They attacked by down" (or something like that)
that's about Shmi, normally

queeq
Dawn, that is. And yes it is.

yerssot
woops!
and actually, we are still not certain

peluffo
This crap is the only image that i've find. Is from a guy that has made one with Dokuu with a curved saber long BEFORE the last trailer (where this was reveled for me, i didn't know that)
This don't mean that he has some kind of exclusive info... Actually, i think this image is thrash!
But i've promised that I will post what i find... Sorry.

*DANGER COUT DOKUU DANGER COUT DOKUU DANGER COUT DOKUU !!!!*

Ratcat
Yeah, I've seen this fan picture before. Looks like the droid is based on the robot from the Lost in Space movie, with some rather crude alterations.

queeq
Yes, it does look like it. It for sure doesn't look like SW.

yerssot
yeah, hope you are right!

jedi212guy
Cool! Mace has a golden lightsaber! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

(If you missed the sarcasm, you should be seriously pitied. wink ).

yerssot
sarcasm???
and it's purple... whiiiiiii

queeq
"Purple haze, running around my brain."

Ratcat
Did you see the handle on SW.C last week? It's awesome!

yerssot
sorry, think I missed that one

peluffo
Another pic.... I think it's more credible than the robinson's robot

But i don't see the "SUPER" part of this droid

yerssot
perhaps they have a special force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.