TM'S FINAL FANTASY X GAME - background/character creation thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trinity_Matrix
The story for this game is based off of the story for Final Fantasy X, except that it is set a little less than 1000 years before the story in the game.

The city of Zanarkand has just been destroyed in the war against Bevelle, and thousands of summoners are dead. As a result, a monster known as Sin was born, and wreaked havoc all over Spira. People all over Spira are dying from this creature's attacks. In the chaos following the destruction of the largest city on Spira, machina have been outlawed, and the Al Bhed people, who used machina extensively, have exiled themselves to a desert island to try and escape persecution.

The only way to defeat Sin is by summoning the Final Aeon, and the only ones that can do this are the summoners. All over Spira summoners are rising to the challenge, knowing that ultimately they will die, and Sin will only remain dead for a few years before being reborn. But the knowledge that they could allow Spira a few years' peace is more than enough reason for them to make this selfless sacrifice.

But the road to Zanarkand is not safe. They must visit all the temples in Spira to get all the Aeons. But there are fiends on the roads, and many summoners have died during their pilgrimage. But no summoner is without guardians - friends who travel with the summoner, and fight to protect their summoner. Any guardian is someone who would give up their lives to help their summoner - indeed, when they reach Zanarkand, one of the guardians must sacrifice themselves to become the Fayth for the Final Summoning.

Because of their willingness to give up their lives to try and protect the rest of the people of Spira, summoners and their guardians are looked upon as Spira's lone ray of hope. There are very few Spirans that wouldn't do anything to help out a summoner and his or her guardians that are on a pilgrimage.

Would you like to go on a pilgrimage of your own? There are a few steps you must go through first to make your character. They are:

1. Pick a name
2. Pick a class
3. Adjust your stats to your liking.

Instructions on the steps are in the following posts.

Trinity_Matrix
1. Pick a Name

This can be the easiest or the hardest part. I'm not going to be too picky on names, I just please ask that you don't name your character after any existing Final Fantasy characters. If I didn't specify this I know that I'd have an overabundance of Yunas and Tidus's and Clouds.

Trinity_Matrix

Trinity_Matrix
3. Adjust your Stats to your liking

To keep every White Mage, Black Mage, etc. of being clones, you are allowed to adjust your stats. Each character gets 5 points to adjust stats to your liking. Each point can add 10 HP, 5 MP, or 1 point to magic, magic defense, strength, defense, agility, evasion, accuracy, or luck. I ask that you please don't upgrade one stat more than twice. And be sensible with how you go about it; don't waste your points adding to your strength if you're a White Mage or something like that.

Tela<3sHaldir
1)Antti
2)Blue Mage
3)Just the way they are in the insstruction post.

Trinity_Matrix
Some Other Rules

For one, there can obviously be only a certain number of summoners, and only one summoner per group. This is just sheer logic. Also, don't have an insane number of guardians. In FFX, Dona had only 1 guardian, Isaaru had 2, Braska had 2, and Yuna had 6. I'd say 6 would be the very highest number of guardians, and somewhere around 4 would be best.

I will introduce the different abilities that the classes have a little later.

And now with that, you are welcome to start creating your characters! If you'd like to add any sort of physical descriptions, that's just fine with me ^_^

Trinity_Matrix
Example

Here's a sample character.

Meia, Summoner (White Mage)

HP: 510 MP:45
Magic: 36 Magic Defense: 27
Strength: 7 Defense:10
Agility: 15 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 11 Luck: 13

Meia is new to being a summoner, and is just starting out on her pilgrimage. She is also a White Mage, specializing in healing. She is young, being only 16 years old. Her weapon is a staff, which is as long as she is tall and decorated with an intricate carving at the end.

Tela<3sHaldir
Okay...Edit mine.

Tela, Blue Mage

HP: 520 MP: 30
Magic: 25 Magic Defense: 25
Strength: 15 Defense: 17
Agility: 17 Evasion: 23
Accuracy: 13 Luck: 15

Tela is 24 and is good at summoning, but not really good or bad...in between. She's really self-conscience about herself. Tela doesn't cary a staff because it would slow her down although she has no intention of running. She tries to help out as much as possible.

PadfootsPyrefly
Kiree, Summoner (White Mage)

HP: 500 MP:45
Magic: 36 Magic Defense: 26
Strength: 7 Defense:12

Kiree is a tall, pale 16 year old girl with short brownish red hair and sparkling green eyes. Her mother was a summoner who died along her pilgrimage when Kiree was about ten years old, so she promised herself to defeat Sin for her mother. She carries a summoner's staff that is just above he own height. She is fun to be around, with her being very cheerful, rooting everyone on, as well as herself. She can be very protective over things or people.

Trinity_Matrix
Okay, Tela...your character is just fine, except for the fact that as she's a Blue Mage, she wouldn't really be a summoner...unless she started out as a summoner but didn't finish her pilgrimage.

Pyrefly, Kiree's okay.

I will starting posting more info, such as different abilities and magic that the classes have, on Saturday or Sunday most likely.

PadfootsPyrefly
Okay!! I'm going to try and find more people to join, ok?

Trinity_Matrix
Okay smile You only need about 2 or 3 more people and then I can start you out on your journey.

I've got all the class abilities typed up, and I'll be posting them next.

Trinity_Matrix

Storm
I' d like to join but I won' t have much time to post on a regular base the next few weeks messed

Trinity_Matrix
That's okay, we probably won't start actually playing until next week at the earliest anyway.

Fire
sounds like a well thought out game

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...yeah, you could say that...I gave myself a headache while coming up with all the classes and their stats...and then deciding on their abilities...and all the items that will be used (which I have yet to post)...while trying to keep everything as true to FFX as possible.

JKozzy
I'm going to the Carribean for Xmas, but I'll be able to play after Jan 5th! smile

stinkfist462
mors , samurai
HP 570 MP: 20
Magic: 20 Magic Defense: 20
Strength: 17 Defense: 19
Agility: 20 Evasion: 18
Accuracy: 23 Luck: 13

btw ... mors is a god of death big grin

PadfootsPyrefly
YAY! More people! *hands out candy* YAY!

Trinity_Matrix
Alright, Stinkfist, your character looks good. Lol, I play in Ush's Matrix RPG and one of the other characters is named Mors...

Koz, feel free to make your character now, and we'll probably not actually start until then anyway, because I'm still finishing up the system, and will have to come up with exactly what you guys are going to do anyway. Have fun in the Carribean!

stinkfist462
or shoudl i bee uhh like a planet name for death or sumthin .. ?
nah mors is good...

Fire
well if I'd know anything of FF I might consider joining, but I don't so it'd all be a bit weird I think

Trinity_Matrix
You don't have to know anything about FF, it just helps because then you'll be more familiar with what goes on.

Fire
Well Storm will explain it to me I think
I'll make a character tomorrow, prolly gonna play a Fighter, since I don't think you can Multiclass in this system

Trinity_Matrix
Alright smile

Nope, no technical multi-classing, but like I mentioned, there will be ways to learn abilities that the other classes have, as well as alter your stats and stuff, but I'll bring that all up when I post all the items and their uses, because there are certain items that allow you to do this.

Storm
Black Mage

HP 510 MP: 45
Magic: 30 Magic Defense: 30
Strength: 8 Defense: 15
Agility: 19 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 13 Luck: 13

I will come up with a name and a short description later.

Fire
sweety, you only have 5 points to increase stats, I think you spend a lil too many points there

Storm
darn, you' re right, I read over those 5 points

fungrl515
Can I join?

1) Yuri
2) Black mage
3) HP 512 MP: 46
Strength: 5 Defense: 10
Agility: 17 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 11 Luck: 14

I will add a discription later, but i gotta go right now. are the stats ok or should i alter them?

Fire
I'm gonna try this (not sure how important Magic Defence is for a warrior but still)

Rayden (hope that aint in FF)

Warrior

HP 600 MP: 10
Magic: 5 Magic Defense: 12
Strength: 21 Defense: 22
Agility: 20 Evasion: 20
Accuracy: 19 Luck: 13

(that should do it 2 on MD, 1 on Defence, 1 on Agility and 1 on Strength)

Storm
Nemesis, Black Mage

Strength: 7 Defense: 12

corrected version embarrasment

Trinity_Matrix
Alright, sounds good you guys, now we have enough people to start! We have:

Kiree, Summoner/White Mage (played by PadfootsPyrefly)
Tela, Blue Mage (played by Tela&lt;3sHaldir)
Mors, Samurai (played by stinkfist462)
Yuri, Black Mage (played by fungrl515)
Rayden, Warrior (played by Fire)
Nemesis, Black Mage (played by Storm)

The first group is complete!! I will be starting you guys out on your journey probably right around New Years.

Anyone wanting to join now will be part of the second group, meaning there is an opening for a summoner.

PadfootsPyrefly
Oh, yeah! Now I have my guardians!

stinkfist462
big grin .....

Storm
and you' ve got yourself the best guardians a summoner could ever wish yes big grin

stinkfist462
well you got a samurai.. thats all you need big grin

Trinity_Matrix
lol big grin

PadfootsPyrefly
Ah, thanks guys ^^ group hug!! big grin

stinkfist462
group hug ... lol

Storm
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/group.gif

stinkfist462
lol....

PadfootsPyrefly
lol =^.^= *jumps up and down* we're gonna beat Sin! We're gonna beat Sin! Hiyaa!! *kicks air* big grin

fungrl515
lol. of course! i mean, with me, of course we'll win. wink

Trinity_Matrix
...well, the summoner's certainly ready to go smile

Storm
psssssssst, stinkfist and fungrl, do you think our summoner read this? ^

Trinity_Matrix
Lol, trust me, she knows...she's beaten FFX itself before, too.

PadfootsPyrefly
Oh yeah, I know I have to die at the end, but you know what? One of you *looks at her guardians* will become the Final Aeon, defeat Sin, kill me, then become Sin! So, in other words, I'll be taking one of you down with me!! big grin No pressure, of course ^^

Trinity_Matrix
...well, she does have a point there...

PadfootsPyrefly
big grin

fungrl515
lol. poor soul. well, it won't be me! hahaha! merry christmas all. (and happy holidays)

PadfootsPyrefly
Ahahaha...thats what you think *.*;; Hey at least the Final Aeon doesn't die, like I have to! They just turn into Sin! bla -.-

Trinity_Matrix
heh.

I just got Final Fantasy X-2 for Christmas yesterday, and in that game a lot of the history of Spira (namely the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle and the birth of Sin) is explained...which is good because then the story for the RP will be more accurate to what really happened. Of course, I will have to change a few things just to make everything work...but otherwise I'll keep it as true as possible.

Storm
thumb up http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/clap.gif

Trinity_Matrix
Oooh, cool new sig, Storm big grin

Okay, everyone! I'm going to try and get this thing started this weekend, probably Saturday. So get ready smile I'll provide more details then.

PadfootsPyrefly
Yay! Yay! WOOT! hehe ^^

Alexandria
Damn, guess I found this forum to late, would've loved to join the first group thou, now I've got to wait for the next summoner.

stinkfist462
storm &gt;&gt;&gt; why does tidus have an X through him ?? don't you like him or somethin??
this is way off topic but who cares

Alexandria
I'm just guessing but I think it has something to do with the fact he's from Final Fantasy X

Storm
Alex gave already the answer stinkfist big grin
it' s because Tidus is a character from FF X

stinkfist462
oh as in X=10 ... oh i thought it was a crossed out tidus laughing out loud

Storm
laughing

stinkfist462
big grin

BakaXero
if theres another summoner
pm me..... i wanta join
ill leave my stats

Xeo

Thief

HP 560 MP: 20
Magic: 10 Magic Defense: 15
Strength: 17 Defense: 18
Agility: 21 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 16 Luck: 17

Trinity_Matrix
Alright, we're still waiting for the next summoner, but I'll PM you when we have another one!

PadfootsPyrefly
=^.^= *sits around waiting*

BakaXero
the was was a crusade fing in FFX is it possible to make that part of this?
jus so guardians without sommoner hav somfing tempery to do?

BakaXero
Gaurdian for hire
FREE of charge
good at item retrieval
need cash in a hurry?
how bout a thief to get u some?
this 1's available
plz contact BakaXero

Alexandria
I'm going to follow BakaXero and make my character already, please let also me know if there is a new summoner.

Name: Astarte: female, 18 years old
Class: Archer
MP + 1 = 25
Strength + 3 = 20

smile

Trinity_Matrix
Yes, I will have something similar to the Crusaders (though it won't be the Crusaders exactly, since this game takes place about 150 years before the Crusaders formed).

Okay, Alexandria, Astarte looks good, I'll PM you once we have another summoner!

GROUP 1 -- I'll be kicking things off later today, as well as explaining the combat system!

Trinity_Matrix

fungrl515
i know it's a bit late, but can i edit my character's stats a tiny bit? not much, but minus one point here, add one here kinda thing?

Strength: 7 Defense: 11
Accuracy: 11 Luck: 14

not a huge difference, but can i do it? sorry for changing something at the last minute.

BakaXero
-WANTED-
Aprentice Summoner
Job discription- save the world!
requirements- willing to make sarafices
no experience nessesary
training provided

Alexandria
Lol, what a system, wel found!! smile

You know I've a feeling to get evil on the first group, entering as an evil character untill the next summoner comes. Is that possible, just play bad for a while, like believing that sin is the best thing that ever happened to the world and wanting to prevent the summoners to succeeding?

I'm just wondering. ^^

BakaXero
LOL HAHAHAHA
hmm.....
interesting idea.....
give you somfing to do.........
BUT!
will Trinity aprove?

Trinity_Matrix
Hmm...I like the little job ad, there, BakaXero.

Yeah, Yuri, it's okay for you to edit your character, but it's gotta be set before I start throwing you guys into fights (which will be soon!).

Hmm...PM me about that, Alexandria, and we'll discuss! I think it sounds like an interesting idea, myself big grin

fungrl515
my stats are set then. sorry to be a hassle. thanks!

Alexandria
sure

fungrl515
i will be gone all of today. sorry! drama club takes up most of my time.

Trinity_Matrix
It's alright Yuri! I have school myself.

Fire
okie TM being an absolute novice in FFX
what good is defending worth as an action?

Trinity_Matrix
It depends. Against weaker fiends it's kinda pointless, because they don't do much damage anyway, but if you're against a boss and are in a bit of trouble, then it's worth it. Your character has pretty high defense as it is, so defending could drop damage down to almost nothing. But it all depends on what you're fighting.

Fire
okie but envolving rules what does the action defend do?
raise my defence I suppose (but as compensation I can't attacl I figure)

Trinity_Matrix
It just means that you don't attack for that turn, but your defense is increased against any attacks made on you until your next turn.

Fire
okie what I thought

BakaXero
Guardian for hire
willing to be sacraficed to become final aeon
if you a willing to be a summoner
please please register
desparate gaurdian

Alexandria
Trinity said that I can be evil if I make up a character for it, somebody want to join me in my evil crusade?

BakaXero
im dessperate willing to do nefing
LOL

Red_Drake
I'd like to join this RP, can i enter a group as a guardian?

Name: Drake Lightbringer
Class: Archer
HP 550 MP: 20
Magic: 17 Magic Defense: 20
Strength: 17 Defense: 20
Agility: 15 Evasion: 15
Accuracy: 30 Luck: 13

Alexandria
We are still waiting for a new summoner sad

Red_Drake
can I be an archer and also a summoner?

Red_Drake
okay forget what i said on last post I'm going to change my charac. It's going to be a Summoner so we can start playing ok?

Red_Drake
Name: Drake Faydark
Class: Summoner/BlackMage
HP: 500 MP:40
Strength: 7 Defense:15

Alexandria
wel it is up to trinity to say what it possible, I don't know if black mage and summoner may got together, I hope it for you

Can I still play somebody evil to the first group if the second group start or do I have to quite then? btw, last chance if you want to join me 'cause I don't mind going allone stick out tongue

Red_Drake
??? in the begging of this thread it was saying that the summoner Magica stats are influencied if it was a White or a Black mage, or am i wrong?

Alexandria
WOuldn't know, was never interested in being a summoner that's why I didn't became one

BakaXero
yeah u can be a summoner and a black mage.
If u are the new summoner looks like ill be following you

Red_Drake
What is your class Bakaxero? And where are you from?

Alexandria
I do not understand that question, but to take it my way, BakaXero is a thief and I an archer

Red_Drake
Class = job morelikely wink

BakaXero
wat do u mean by where am i from?

Red_Drake
the country you are from, US, Canada, like that

BakaXero
Australia
all the way on the other side

Alexandria
And from where are you?

Red_Drake
Me? I'm from Brazil and you Alex.

fungrl515
Um, excuse me for acting a bit rude, but you shouldn't be talking randomly here. I mean, this thread was created for the purpose of introducing your character and giving background information about your character. i'd hate to have this close because a couple of people were talking.

Alexandria
Well, Belgium as said in my profile, for those who don't know Belgium lays in Europe and has as capital Brussels

and fungrl515 is right, it would be a shame if they closed this because of us chattering around.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, well, we have a summoner...but would you guys like to wait until you have a few more guardians? I'd suggest that you wait until you have at least another person to be a White Mage.

And yes, summoners can be Black Mages.

And try to keep the talk in here on topic, okay? A little random babble is okay but keep on topic as much as possible.

Red_Drake
All right, up to now how many guardians will guard me? big grin

Trinity_Matrix
Right now you have two.

Red_Drake
Wanted:
A Experienced White Mage to Guard a summoner.
Reward: Adventures and treasures found on the travel

Trinity_Matrix
Lol...I like the little job-wanted ads you guys are posting...just don't overdo it, okay?

Red_Drake
Since it was my first i didn't overdo right? and wel... can summoners be man? (I didn't play FFX cause i dun have PSX2 so i only saw Yuna as a summoner :P)

Trinity_Matrix
No, you haven't overdone it yet, I'm just afraid that by constantly posting those you guys will scare away potential players smile

Yeah summoners can be male, Yuna's father was a summoner, in fact.

BakaXero
opps that would be my bad
LOL
ill stop soon hehehe
btw will our group bump onto the other at any point?

Trinity_Matrix
No. Your group's pilgrimage will take place a few year's after the last one, this is because I'm going to assume that they successfully defeated Sin and a few years of Calm has passed.

BakaXero
ok.............
jus wondering

BakaXero
i fink dis rp gonna die out before it even starts

Alexandria

BakaXero
LOL
your a bit behind
but VII was probably one of the best

Red_Drake
For me, FFVII had the best battle system and the best system for magic, not needing to change jobs and stuff on others game or be mono jobbed like on FFIX

Alexandria
I had a copy for pc now I have an original for play station

PadfootsPyrefly
BakaXero, this rp will not die. TM's just been really busy with school exams and such.

BakaXero
im jus saying it cause no ones been posting

Alexandria
Hopefully not. I just made my evil character, Aiyana, and I hope to spice things up with her.

Trinity_Matrix
Hee...I am so sorry guys, I've just been really busy. I will get stuff going as soon as I can...

Red_Drake
Hey did anymore guardians come? I'm eager to start.

Trinity_Matrix
Nope, not yet...

Alexandria
I'm getting restles :/

BakaXero
me too

Red_Drake
Man there's no more people interested in this RPG, I'll never be able to play it &gt;: (

PadfootsPyrefly
Don't give up!

Red_Drake
nah that's it I'm fed up with waiting, I'm outta this RPG sorry TM but I can't take it anymore.

BakaXero
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're back where we started

Sylvannas
Don't know if this has been asked/answered so don't go postal on me for asking: is it possible to be an evil character?

Red_Drake
ahhahahahahahahahhahah laughing Baka you take things WAAAAY too serious laughing I'm not giving up so easily, but it's just taking too long to start sad

Alexandria
Yeah it is possible to be easy, as soon as the first group gets in action I'm planning on entering my evli character.

btw. nice trick Red Drake, really lovely, just don't forget, everything takes time.

Trinity_Matrix
Well, I really apologize, everyone, but I just simply don't have time to run this right now. I'm thinking that I'm going to hand the reins over to PadfootsPyrefly for the time being, but what with school and everything (my last year of high school), I have to make that a priority and I just don't have time to do this now. I'm really sorry, but Padfoot will probably be taking over and running this (even though she's the summoner for the first group). I'll still be around, and I'll be helping her with it, but she'll be in charge.

Alexandria
All hail for PadfootsPyrefly!!!

Can I still be evil??? :-/

BakaXero
hehe
dam i hate being gullable.......

Red_Drake
lol laughing I'm evil devil evil face

PadfootsPyrefly
Hehe...

Yeah, we NEED evilness in this game! I'm evil, so evilness is all good with me wink

BakaXero
OMG!!! OMG!!!
It you!!!! our new Leader
Must bow in the presences of greatness
*gets on Knees and praises PadfootsPyrefly*

Alexandria
I'll start when the group has set it's first steps into the world, ok? I think it's best if evil me start by walking into the village after the good guys left.

BakaXero
um... do i have to post my evil character or can i just put him in?

Alexandria
PM it to our new leader, that way the good guys don't know what hit them. Want to see mine?

PadfootsPyrefly
Yesh, PM me your evil character. We want to surprise the group *even tho I'm the summoner* ^^;; lol. We'll work around that fact. hehheh.

BakaXero
ok ill do it later
when i come up with one

Alexandria
Hey, when is the group going to move on?????????

BakaXero
do you think we'll ever get a white mage?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>