Mad World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cermiestar
Mad World - by matthew andrews. released by popular demand from the film donnie darko.......has anyone else heard this song???? dos anyone else think it will be the surprise christmas number 1????

total metalhead
yeah ive heard it. its not really my kinda thing but i like it, and Donnie Darkos one of my favorite movies ever.

cermiestar
you like donnie darko too! It is definitely one of the best movies around...

total metalhead
its brilliant!!! i had to watch it a couple of times to fully understand it, but that just shows how well made it was.

cermiestar
i watched it the first time on a plane....and the ending freaked me out!!

total metalhead
yeah the ending is kinda creepy...but then again the whole thing is creepy! all those time travel ideas and Frank....he really put me off rabbits messed

cermiestar
there are two types of rabbit.....

total metalhead
*shudders*

even a small pic of Frank creeps me out!

crazy_c
I love that song

mechmoggy
I like the tune, I bought it yesterday.

Ikobe
It was really cool and then they went and released it and now every chavvy under the sun knows the chorus and they don't understand the beauty and the meaning it has for the people who knew of it beforehand. RYAH.

cermiestar
why not?

Ikobe
That was being a bit segregative, I know, but for a lot of people who had the song before it became all popularized, it had a lot of personal depth and meaning, myself included. I don't like the thought of a song that I'd always classed as a very personal song, being played by everyone under the sun, especially not the people, for instance, at school who are constantly trying to rip the very piss from our bladders by making fun of who we are, what we wear, etc. I know this is a bit *****-rant-y but it's one of those things that really hits a nerve with me. No, wait, it doesn't just hit the nerve, it goes back and brings down a whole army of sledgehammer wielding nerve-hitters that bruise and mutilate said nerve.

Ehh. I have issues. :P

cermiestar
just because everyone knows a song it doesn't have to make it any less personal

mechmoggy
When things like that happen, just be happy knowing you thought it was cool before it was deemed to be "cool" and everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. wink

loserib
that movie owned but i dont remeber any music from it

BackFire
I have the Donnie Darko soundtrack, so yes I've heard the song.

crazy_rock_chic
a friend showed the song to me just after he saw the film,i like it

cermiestar
saw the film, liked the song, bought the soundtrack, wondered why it wasn't a single, cheered when it was released

Ikobe
That's a wonderful life motto but I'm still going to rage every time it's on the radio once I've finished singing along wink

mechmoggy
I feel your pain, I often try to get friends to listen to music I think is cool and usually get the piss taken out of me. Then these bands become "cool" and suddenly they're all out buying an album I've already relegated from my car to the house.

It bites, but by then I'm usually onto another album I like. And the circle of cool continues..... wink

cermiestar
true.....i put a counting crows CD on in the classroom a while back and everyone was like "WTF" then when they released yellow taxi everyone was like "they're so cool"

Such a great song

in flames
oh my god i know how that feels..back in 1994 i introduced everyone i know to korn but no one gave a dame..after follow the leader suddenly they all became hardcore fans and till this day..it sucks

cermiestar
i don't like korn....but yeh. it sucks......and i don't even like the big yellow taxi song, it's rubbish compared to their other stuff....

SeptemberRain
Thats a great song

Darth Revan
I've loved this song since I watched Donnie Darko, a friend of mine burned me the Gary Jules version long before it was considered so cool happy

SeptemberRain
Yeah, i also loved that song when i saw DD which was like 3 yrs ago

ElectricBugaloo
the tears for fears version is horrible

Darth Revan
I agree

ClaraG
THE TEARS FOR FEARS VERSION WAS MUCH BETTER. THE GARY JULES AND MICHAEL ANDREWS VERSION WAS BORING. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT GOT TO NUMBER ONE.

Darth Revan
The Gary Jules version isn't boring... I think having a full band playing the song ruins it. It's better with just the piano, nice and simple. Fits the lyrics and the tune better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.