Talk about misguided...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Recently, I saw the message below, which was posted when people were unsure as to the fate of this franchise, way back when. It just cracks me up laughing

"Peter Jackson is a hopeless hack. Lord of the Rings is unfilmable, and even if "Fellowship" made it to theaters it would flop, and the sequels would be direct-to-video. The only hope for this production at all is the rumored casting of Stewart Townsend as Aragorn... now that could work!"

Camellia
Lol, that's SO funny!!!

Oh, I bet the person who wrote that is feeling really pretty darn stupid now!!!

Member.
a lot of peeps thought PJ was a fool to tackle sucha dangerous thing. it worked out in the end but i bet we all had our doubts.

enya
thats funny, that person can join me and feel stupid, any one got any pictures of stuart townsend

ElvenQueen
haha...he was wrong... lets point and laugh *points and laughs* hahaha!

fini
lol i just watched the FOTR appendices and i have something to add

when Miramax was first in charge of the movie they only wanted one film.......which PJ said was IMPOSSIBLE

So they went to New LIne and made their presentation for a 2 movies LOTR..........afterwards the New line head said it was impossible to do lotr unless it was a 3 movie film. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

so Jackson and his crew went forth to make the 3 movies...............gyad could you imagine if LOTR we 2 movies.........you think that there are complaints NOW?!?!?!?!! Imagaine the hoopla for 2

Exa
LOL big grin big grin big grin

(I should add... Tolkien himself said that The Lord Of The Rings is not a very good story to be filmed big grin )

Aurora
Who would have ever thought that a nobody director could have done this. I am PJ fan for life. I respect him more than any director. But he must be slightly mad to do it all.

Ahnold
Mad? Uh huh. But he did it...

nazgulinthedark
he still did a bad job on the ringwraiths in rotk

ElvenQueen
Miramax is banging their head against the wall every day I bet. They lost out on lots of money *points and laughs*

Discos
lol yep Miramax must be absolutly griefed of that, also I think it made PJs dedication for the movie better that he wasnt in it for the money

Verity
confused WHat??

SKAliv
Hahaha...nazgulinthedark, it's pretty ironic that you say PJ did a bad job on the Wraiths, considering your name is nazgulinthedark, and you are in the movie forum. I take it your comment was a joke.

Hypernova
Not sure if it was shown but in the premiere Viggo or someone said along the lines of "People said it couldn't be done..." And they go on to thank the people of NZ not only for their support for the movie, the actors who came to live there during the filming, but also for their belief in the movie... 100,000 people came to line-up from the Parliament Building through to the Embassy Theatre.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.