who do you think is the best actor and/or character in ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

enya
who do think iz the best actor in lord of the rings and do you think they are the best aactor in to.

i changed my mind on my favourite character after watchin ROTK, i always loved sam but now i really love him and he iz my favourite, his loyalty and friendship with frodo iz inspiring and so cute. i hated it when people laughed when frodo kissed on the head, it didnt ruin the moment though

and when he carried him omg *cries*

i think all the actors can act or they wouldnt of been cast

i think ellijah acted the best in this film as he had an even more emotional storyline

Member.
sean and elijah are both good actors. it was kinda homosexual to me, but i'm a boy so i dunno. what do u girls think?

enya
i spose thats wot gay people do but people dont have to laugh that bad at it (and it was loud) although i was so into the movie it didnt spoil it for me but it might of for some people, and i thought it was cute and it shows hyow good friends they were. i spose it you being a boy may see it differently which iz not ur thought and ur allowed an opinion

Member.
i didn't laugh. it was really good acting. should've killed the fools that laughed, those morons.

enya
i was goin to but there was only one of me and five of them and i left the ring of power at home, plus i didnt want to miss the film

Member.
LOL ah well, live to fight another day.

DARKVIRUS
I thought sean astin really did push the envelope in this movie. I have always thought andy serkis and his performance of gollum coupled with the effects were the best thing going but sean definately equaled the playing field in this last installment.

I would have to say that for me, it's a toss up between andy serkis/gollum and sean astin. The entire cast was excellent and there are alot of ppl who would also come very close but these two just stood out in this last film IMO.

enya
i thought bill and dom done well because even though they were good before they were there more for the comedy element but they really showed us more to their characters

pipin had his best moment in the ROTK when had that whole moment with the plantir, he was so scared

enya
i feel all the characters pushed themselves to a further level

Member.
yea, everyone pushed themselves in the end. if every movie was like this...

Discos
faramirs father did a great job of acting - being a dick must be such a hard acting spot to take eh?

But in all favour I say it would have been Merry & Pippin, twas nice of them to have a bit more part in this film and not wondring round in a tree all the time.....also nice to see they coped without each other

enya
if only, i hate it when you see a traila for a really good movie idea go and see it and the actings crap.

i know someone that thinks ellijah cant act and i just stood there in shock them ranted for ages about how good he iz and that they wouldnt of casted him otherwise and his chemistry with sam was great e.t.c. he didnt know wot had hit him, he never says anything bad about LOTRs in front of me anymore he has learnt his lesson LOL

Member.
yea. i reckon i can act like a dick.

enya
i know people say they didnt like him but he iz a character i love to hate and the movie wouldnt be as good without him

bless pipin trying to help faramir

Member.
merry and pippin were awesome.

enya
when they were seperated *cries*

when merry wanted to fight and they wouldnt let him ahhh thank god eowyn was there

ps how fast do you type member i fink im just slow

Ariadne
Sam was the best!!!!! I cried so much when Frodo told him to leave, and when he was talking to Frodo on Mt. Doom...so sad. Merry and Pippin were awesome too though. All the hobbits were.

And about Frodo and Sam, their relationship was based on that of a soldier and officer in war, and Sam calls him Mr. Frodo to the very end. So while you can look at it as a homosexual relationship if you want to, Tolkien didn't mean for it to be.

enya
omg when he left and fell down the stairs *cries*

i thought he was really good when he was momentarlly corrupted by the ring

i really have to go now bye to all

fini
argh not THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!
hey its only in the western cultures do we think that a man kissing another man on the head/face as being gay. BUT in EUROPE ( where TOlkien is from) its a gesture of greeting and thanks.

Curse your homophobia in whatever form it exists. People are soooooooo afraid of other people's perception today that feelings aren't properly expressed. And as long as i have know kissing another's forehead is a sign of care, love gratefullness etc..........society is really growing colder when we cant do such a thing without someone saying negative bout it

iwannarapeorli
Ever since the release of the Two Towers i have totally idolized Miranda Otto. She is what made this movie what it is....ever since i read the books..i loved Eowyn, she is beautiful, yet tough and will not let any one tell her what to do. One of the things i most looked foward to seeing was when she slays the king nazgul to protect Theoden. Miranda Otto did an amazing job in that scene and in portraying Eowyn. She brought the character to life. She makes Eowyn a hero...she is by far the greatest! big grin

PippinTook
Billy Boyd, hands down! In the first two LOTR movies, I have to admit that my favorite character was Frodo, but when I saw ROTK, I changed to Pippin stick out tongue And Billy Boyd can sing so well! I loved his song at the end of "The Steward of Gondor". And when Pippin and Merry were "going their seperate ways" or whatever, I actually cried! And I NEVER cry while watching movies. I don't know why, but I just don't, yet I did in ROTK. I cried when Frodo left Sam because he actually listened to Gollum and turned against Sam! I'm glad they added that even though it wasn't in the book. It made it more emotional and stuff. And I hate people who say Frodo and Sam are homosexual! They're just friends and they are there for each other! I think that's really cool of them. But anyways, Pippin has to be my favorite character. He's so funny and clueless which is so cute! Haha! Plus he is sooo adorable! You can't help but love him! OK well, that's all I have to say here! rock haha, that smilie is so cute...And so me stick out tongue OK well anyone who loves LOTR as much as I do (which is impossible haha. nah just kidding) can IM or email me....But you should email me cuz I'm gonna change my screen name to something LOTR related soon....K peace!

Morgoths_Wrath
Hahaha, when Sam was carrying Frodo up the slope of Mt. Doom, people in the theature started chanting "Rudy! Rudy!" It was kinda weird, but it made me chuckle

hobbit_lover
SAM!! for sure was the best!!!! I love him I loved when he said " can't carry the ring for you..Mrfrodo but I can carry you" something like that... that was the most moving part I thought but ya for sure hes the best!!!

Kitoky
I've always loved Sam, he's so loyal to Frodo even though Frodo has turned against him and he did the best he could to help lighten the burden put on him. I cried everytime I saw Sam with tears, I cried...

Corlindel
Sam is the best character/actor of ROTK...And Gollum is great too.

But Galadriel is my favolrite character of the trilogy.

SilverFighter
I really like Frodo but I got to admit Eowyn stole my heart in ROTK. She really was transform into a Lady Warrior and that was cool!!!!

Exa
thanks, fini smile

For me, the best actors of lotr were Noble, Otto, Astin and Wenham (as Boromir wasnt in the movie) - I dont think Wood was the best actor but he and sam made me (nearly first since I watch films) really be able to feel what the characters were supposed to feel...

The imo best characters (i do not say my favourite), however, were imo Denethor, Gollum and the Nazgul.
They are what I really miss in each other story.

szhismine
Best Actor: Sean Astin. smile

Best Character: Pippin. love

enya
pipin was so scared in the whole plantir sequence hat really got to me and it was great to see the contrast between the high sequence at the beginning and dat one and the war scenes YEAH he saved gandalf

dont get me started on the gay thing , they do love each over but not in a gay way in a friend way and i could of killed the arseholes who laughed at them

the whole lying naked in the dark quote didnt really help there defense though, that did sound strange and random

strawberries to naked-

dont see the connection

BurnetteBeauty1
i thought Merry and Pippin where the best!
(and of corse Legolos!!!)

enya
legolas wasnt jus hot in dis movie he was also great with his bow and arrow and awesome on the oliphant and when you thought aragorn might die out side mordow the camera went to legolas for a sec i thought that was good, he had less lines i think but he had the humourous lines or involvement

ilvorlandobloom
all the actors and characters were great. i have to give a really big thumb up to John Noble for the great job being the evil Denethor.
and Billy was great, i luv Pippin!
Eowyn ws so awesome when she killed the witchking Happy Dance Go Eowyn! she kicked that witchking's ass!

szhismine
i hate people who say Frodo and Sam are gay, too. if they were gay, J.R.R. Tolkein would have made then gay and Sam would not have married Rosie. smile simple as that.

BingaBonga
Aragorn, Aragorn, Aragorn. big grin

szhismine
BingaBonga-- who's your favorite character again? i didn't catch his name the first three times you said it. stick out tongue wink

just kidding. smile

BingaBonga
ARAGORN!!!! Remember, the king?http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/king.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/innocent.gif Viggo Mortensen! The one that's going to be in Hidalgo http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cowboy.gif The one that I love! love http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/in_love.gif The one that I go spaz over! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/Jumpy.gif The one that looks hot wherever! Happy Dance Yup, that's him; wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.