Eagles vs Nazgul [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

enya
if there was a big ass fight with them two, who would win and i know there alot of nazgul fans out there but the eagles are great too. smile

Member.
eagles diffenitly.

enya
especially eowyn is ridin them, yeah girls can kick butt.

Member.
girls do kick butt.

enya
yeah they do, i didnt like eowyn in number two coz she didnt really do much like fight (but i fink that is theodens fault) but i like her now as i felt sorry for her coz of the whole aragorn thing but she couldnt of done much without merry i thought GO THE HOBBITS

Cowboyography
I like Eowns BUTT

ElvenQueen
haha...ok

Member.
lol, very good cowboy.

ElvenQueen
That was a great transition...From talking about Eagles and Nazgul to Eowyn's butt...Very interesting way to change the topic =)

Member.
so anyway, eagles kick butt cuz they bigger.

enya
funny enough i dont really look at her butt im more of a legolas girl *swoon* every thread somewhere has some one mentioning how hot or who they like, oh well, i dont care

Izz
only she barely has any breasts (i'm a girl, so it doesn't matter to me, but i'm interested in what guys think of that)

Member.
lol, u don't look at her butt cuz ur a girl me thinks.

ElvenQueen
Yay...that was a Yoda impersonation...

sauron
eagles kick butt cos they are bigger?

the hero of this story is like two foot tall lol bigger does not equal better in lotr

Exa
i think eagles... but i'd hope nazgul... nazgul rule...

enya
LOL good point sauron, come on the small people- ps eagles would stil win

Ariadne
The Eagles are my heroes!!!

enya
they are also sams and frodos therefore mine to

Ariadne
And the Eagles are also always there to save the day. But of course, the Nazgul are cool too.

nazgulinthedark
NAZGULLLLL!!!! eee ringwraiths ringwraiths ringwraiths!! they can beat anybody!!! eek! eek!

enya
i was waitin for you to defend them and i would discuss how great the eagles are but i have to go on line damn it

nazgulinthedark
what are eagles? i mean i know they're big birds, but i didn't bother to read any posts soooo, is it the rock band or what?

NAZGULS ARE BETTER!!!

sauron
lol no the eagles of middle earth

they can beat anybody except 4 two ft tall hobbits

nazgulinthedark
eagles of middle earth, i've never heard of them, well i'm have way through the rotk book, and i haven't seen the movie, i'm seeing it tomarrow, soo no i do not know what you are talking about, BUT RINGWRAITHS ARE BETTER!!!

sauron
im seeing it tommorow too, 8-12

Exa
Yes they are
But Tolkien always lets the Eagles win big grin

sauron
eagles are amazing

nazgulinthedark
eagles stink, ringwraiths are better

Exa
LoL
Good point big grin exactly my opinion. Wow the Witchking looked perfect love

nazgulinthedark
Witchking love love

Exa
Oh yes love he was great... awww in Minas Morgul when he came out... love love love

Cowboyography
The witch king looked great!!!, again not as nice as Eowyns ass. oh and when your as hot as she is you dont need big breastS!!!!

nazgulinthedark
roll eyes (sarcastic) withchkinglove

sauron
cowboys not going to be happy until the witch king has breasts and a nice ass is he?

nazgulinthedark
laughing

don't be mean to the witchking! he's male!

nephalim27
I always wondered why the Eagles never squared off against the Nazgul...
Why did the Eagles show up in Mordor at the end, I forgot? (I mean why were they there in the first place...)

Lord_Andres
the witchking was cool, only wish he had done some fighting with the Rohirim or Gondorians when he was on foot, but I thing Gwayir would kicked the felbeast anyday, btw, I'm I the only one who thinks that the eagles head was a bit poorly done, look too animated I think

Darth Revan
I thought it was cool how Merry and Eowyn killed the witchking

Darth Revan
Yeah that was kinda sad when Aragorn says to her: "I can't give you what you're looking for" he should have ended up with Eowyn cos she kicks Arwen's ass plus Arwen is a little bit ugly....

Oh and the eagles are f***ing awesome!!!!

lkotbr33
eowyn would be better if her breasts were bigger but eagles all the way

Verity
The eagles rock! rock

nazgulinthedark
ringwraiths rock

sauron
now, i know in the past i actually admitted that at the black gate the eagles totally killed the nazgul

well as i watched it today....i watched fram by frame...and actually they dont

the eagles fly in, knocks a fell beast away from gandalf....and then another 3 come in......but if you pause it and watch it frame by frame the fell beasts in the background totally whup the eagles....like have them in their mouths!

then later when frodo claims the ring we see the nazgul fighting eagles again...still winning stick out tongue

so imagine there was no battle going on, no ring to distract nazgul, no erm...moth to distract eagles

just a fair fight...even numbers......etc etc

who would win

Discos
and why are you watching Return of the king?, you have a pirate copy.....hey everyone, this guys a phony!...a great big phony

i'll stick with my friends thank you

Discos - that is all erm

sauron
or maybe

just maybe

seeing as im half dead with the flu, and i look like the embodiment of mucus when i sneeze, yawn,laugh i was taked to the cinema for a treat??

or i could just have the DVD wink

Discos
lets go to the cinema whilst being sick huh?.....thats not cool, thats just destroying society and civilisation altogether punk!

anyways, yes you were seeing things, i would get that flu sorted out. I hear that "nazgul are better than eagles" flu is going around quite often...

Discos - fortunatly i dont have it shifty

sauron
ok ok i have the damn dvd on pirate ok! but its a good copy and has proper box so i will just tell the police my dad is peter jackson ok!!

anyway stick out tongue YOU CANNOT TALK TO ME ABOUT DESTROYING SOCIETY mr 'mobbing and rioting' winkstick out tongue excluded were we stick out tongue hee hee

anyways im actually right if you watch, frame by frame the fell beasts behind totally kill the eagles...while the fell beast infront gets totally killed by the eagles

Leggy_n_Merry
Who cares if he has it on copy he's prob payed a lot of money seeing it in the cinema too so it's fair yes and in the comfort of our own home we can freeze frame (even though you could have waited until May but oh well lol)

sauron

Vegeta13
imagine a fusion, between both eagle and nazgul...!

Exa
NAZZZGUL!!!!!!!!!!

But I like the idea of them being friends (why cant they just get along yes ) so i voted for that yes

Discos
Exa is mental, mental I say!

Eagles & Nazgul getting along, I could turn this into a fan fiction but heck no! to discuss it a bit further....what would they do, Eagles dont know much and Fell Beasts are simply servants to petty Nazgul (who are dead)...ah seeing as they are dead they can now be free and turn into nice creatures who smell!

anyways, if Eowyn could kill the bloody fell beast of the witchking then I am sure Eagles can too

Discos - pirate, pirate 1.2.3.4 pirate pirate!!

sauron
well im sure she could kill an eagle that was stood infront of her being gormless

and it is NOT piracy

i prefer the term 'copyright infringement'

Discos
lol, that reminds me of a new word my friend likes to call himself during the weekend "sobarly challenged"

anyways, I like to see Eowyn even take a swing at me....erm, those eagles of course!

sauron
you would just like to see eowyn.......doding nothing in oarticular you would just like to see her

eagles like you dont get beautiful shieldmaidens like her stick out tongue

Discos
thats actually true, even in my fanfiction of Eagos & his twin brother (extra-long-un-finished) version, Eowyn ends up rejecting Eagos and goes for his twin brother sort of.....boo

sauron
exactly

while dark lords like myself get the fairest maiden as their dark queens

Discos
no you don't, your a pathetic eye stick out tongue

I am sure that a nice chick would like to be seen at the drive-threw "stables" with a dark lord like yourself, instead they can fly high away from everyone else like dear old Eagos

sauron
well *looks around* i dont see you having an eagle queen stick out tonguestick out tongue

so

simply

nyah!

Discos
oh, nice one - I liked it.

I could get an eagle queen, its just that.....they are busy, you know...with clipping their wings and having to go to the huge outlets to buy all that shampoo for their body

Smodden
hmmm....i voted for eagles....worship me now discos!

vegeta a fusion would be strange...

sauron....sory but u are a thief...and pj would be disapointed...sad but seeing as ur sauron he wouldn't expect any beter than that...big grin

orlandoOYEA
Nazguls. Duh.

Smodden
OO! traiter!

shadowy_blue
First of all, what kind of a fight is this? Is this referring generally..as in we could involve Thorondor, and Landroval, Gwaihir and all the Eagles in Arda versus all the Nazgul and Fellbeasts in Middle-earth in a fair fight..like they're in a coloseum or something?..LOL, or...we're just considering the situation they were in during the Battle at the Morannon?

Smodden
i think its just the black gate battle...smile

Kitoky
*sighs* How many threads are there about Eagles vs. Nazguls?!?!

Oh well *shrugs*

NAZGULS WILL ALWAYS RULE!

shadowy_blue
OK..I'm not siding with anything OK? Because they're both cool and I will kill myself if I have to choose. I'm just posting some of the great stuff that they could do for survival, "asset" as you might say.

Brains:

Eagles- though they are in Manwe's command, I'm definitely sure that they have their own mind and will. They could do whatever they think is the best and not just always "Yes, Master! Up, up, and away!"...they have their own minds to choose what they want to do. They have strategic skills and something of that sort.
Fell Beast and Nazgul- they have to go together, without the Nazgul's motivations, I doubt these beasts will go their own way fighting and stuff. They're just like Orcs and Trolls, without Sauron and the Nazgul, I don't think they will be that badass. Back to the beasts, sure they fought at the Siege of Gondor without their Masters riding on them, but I thought they had enough motivations to do that. On the plus side, I think it's also good considering their character, they don't have to think, just fight and kill....which is an essential strategy for the dark side. wink

Speed:

Actually it's impossible to say which were faster, Fell Beasts or Eagles. Both are fast. There is some evidence to suggest that Nazgul are faster, though, namely that they were able to fly in the Battle of the Captains of the West, from the Morannon, across Gorgoroth and thence perhaps over half the way to Orodruin in less than a minute -- of course, they burnt up when Gollum finally fell in. There is the feeling that they did manage cover a lot of the distance between the Gates of Mordor to Mount Doom before the Ring was destroyed. But maybe that was also because they were driven by Sauron's desperation to get there.

I'm running out of time...have... to...finish this:

General fighting skills and abilities:

First of all, Fell Beasts plus a Nazgul riding on their backs is certainly a plus point for their side against the Eagles alone.

Fell Beasts w/ Nazgul - The Fell Beasts are probably better aerial warriors. I said probably because we'll never know, that's why we're having this debate. Fell Beasts have such big mouths, with terrorizing teeth and all that could bite you and eat you whenever they have enough chance. Eagles were dreadful to those on the ground, but such birds of prey need to drop from a height and strike with talons. The Nazgul not only wielded swords and dragonish creatures that probably could fight in the air, but fear.

Eagles - Yes, at the Morannon, the clouds of ash and the summoned elements of weather would be a deterrent to them. But I do think a squad of Eagles would give the Fell Beasts and their Masters a very hard time for their part also. wink After all, the Eagles do have a solid history of combat and taking care of business. Remember, these were the creatures that fought and destroyed Ancalagon and his brood in the War of Wrath. Even if the Eagles of the Third Age were one-third the size of their kin from the First Age, they would still have a wingspan of roughly 50 feet along with talons, beaks, brains, and the ability to fight as a team in battle.

You decide. wink

Thorondor
very well put s-b and my god how big are your post's they are HUGE! lol

Fëanor
if you were to put all her posts together and print it...it would already take up three volumes... stick out tongue

sauron
AND THE THREADS WOULD BEAT THE TIG PaRTY IN PAGE AMOUNTS IF THEY WERE ALL IN THAT SIZE WRITING

BUBBLES

Discos
bubbles you say,

Discos - I have...oh yes baby, I have!

shadowy_blue
I'll take that as a compliment. stick out tongue

I wonder though if any of you even read my post. confused stick out tongue

Exa
yes yes
I really enjoy reading your posts... best ones in this forum yes definitely.

sauron
^^seconds that

Madcap
Me and my shotgun would win. (damn buzzards! *BLAM!* shit on my car, will you, hahahahaahah!) but really, the nazguls. and thier flyin ponies. all the way, bahbey! WHOOO, GO SPARTANS! i mean nazguls.

sauron
ermm

*backs away*

hm, wheres that door?

Madcap
Truth, truth...

Thorondor
im not getting involved in this debate lol

fini
hmmm definitely the Eagles. THey are stronger ( they got more muscle in their wings for powered flight and hitting than the winged beast's flaps of skin).

They got beaks which are stronger than teeth, and talons that would shred a winged beast's flappy wings any day.

sauron
AHA!!! FINI IS AN EAGLE SPY!!

i see in her sig! THE SAME PIC! THAT WOULD TAKE THE HEART OF ME!

a day may come.....when the strength of the beast fails.......

embarrasmentembarrasment whoopsies..........

Thorondor
oh smile i see that Eagles are winning the poll Hooray for the awsome creatures big grin

fini
lol, and they will spy

i never said i was a nazgul fan ( wellllllll if you were putting a nagul vs an eagle)

If it was the nazgul versus anything else, sure. But not an eagle, they're perfect hunters

Thorondor
very well put fini smile

Madcap
NAZGULS ARE ALSO MINIONS OF SARUON! THEIR COLD, CUNNING AND CACULATING! and they make a mean strudle to boot. they got the skillz to pay the billz.

sauron
well an eagle would first try to take out the fell beast

by biting at its throat, putting its head dangerously close to a nazgul

who could then, kill it or stab it and turn it to wraith

hehe

wraith eagle!

Thorondor
i still desperatly want to see someone's interpritation of a wraith eagle with armour and funky talons big grin

Madcap
Also remeber, the nazgul are immortal. even to eagels.

Thorondor
Doesn't mean they can't have their asses kicked stick out tongue

Madcap
so, they would eventually tire out the eagles or shoot them down or something.

sauron
AT LAST

MY GREATEST SERVANT IS TO BE UNLEASHED!!!!!!

KILL!!!

KILL

KILL!!!!!!!1

Madcap
um, thats gay.

Fëanor
Gay!!!...he don't look happy to me... stick out tongue

Madcap
golly gee your perceptive!

sauron
*cough* fyou *cough*

Madcap
:drugs:

Fëanor
boxing

Madcap
ninja word.

sauron
shouldnt do drugs

although i must say its not hard to tell you do

*points to door*

Madcap
I must admit suaron wears some pimpin armor.

Fëanor
really...why? would you like to be his -

hoe...a tool we use to garden with... stick out tongue

sauron
ah ah ah!! no i already turned one male interested in me *looks at a certain elf*

so please lol no offers hehe

Fëanor
OY!!!

not a word...or else

Madcap
for your guys info, pimpin means cool. ****. get your minds outta the gutta.

sauron
yes i know fool! pimpin...cool

you like saurons armour
you like his style
your attracted to him dude!

you dig! (<<hehe)

Madcap
uh, yea, keep your sexual prefernces to yourself.

Exa
Where oh where has the topic gone...

Discos
anyways, seems 2 more people like the eagles to win compared to the nazgul *cough*

Discos - Thats right baby, Discos is back

sauron
i dont know this madcap guy steered of the topic road

with his disturbing fantasies

nazgûl-lord
agrees with sauron

Discos
ah!! I have been waiting about 10 hours to say this, our english classare preparing for exams and did last years writing paper......it had a picture of Aragorn at Helms Deep with his sword covered of blood and the question was "heroes/heroeins are good for young people, explain your views"

I wrote 7 pages worth of reasons why Lord of the rings has so much heros and must of been 3 whole pages of my hero (Gwahir)....I also bunged in half a page of Superman/Batman/Star Wars hereos to make it look not too obvious

Discos - I was on fire, most people in my class wrote half a page of shite

sauron
lol and you managed to write several pages of shite! you must be proud stick out tongue

Discos
pretty much, hope I did good though, Iput alot of thought, concentraion, commitment + shite into the essay,

overall I say I answered the question "why are heros a good impact with younger people" (cant remember the actual question), its pretty much:
to be cool
to beat the bad guy
to look tough
to have an attitude
to save the world
to get the girl
to have secrets ie Bad cave ie Clark Kent identity

sauron
baD cave

dont you mean BAT

shadowy_blue
embarrasment

Thanks..smile Very flattering to be praised by the most knowledgable person in this forum. big grin

Thanks too, Lordy. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.