Only for the serious,who feels life is depressing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Not too long ago there was a thread made called General Depression thread which gave me an idea to create THIS thread.I am new here at this site and dont know very many people here even though I registered in september because I really did not start posting on a regular basis till november.The difference between this thread and that thread is this thread is made only for the people who want to come on and discuss their problems or why they feel life is depressing ect and only to be serious about it,where that thread people made jokes about it.Like I said,I dont know very many people here at this site so I figured this would be a good opportunity to get to meet and know more people here and so that we can all maybe share and discuss each others problems with each other.As I mentioned,this thread is only for people who want to be serious,no joking around please,if thats what the thread turns into and people stop being serious about it,I will ask a mod to close this thread.I'll start off by saying I myself usually get depressed mostly around the holidays like right now because the friends I had in high school have now either moved away or gotten married and my best friend is really the only friend I have that I get to see on a regular basis since he lives so close to me and because my other friends are too busy with work and everything.Feel free to join in. sad

Storm
generally, I don' feel life is depressing but sometimes it' s bringing me down too
everyone has his or her bad days but there' s always someone around to cheer me up then

diegocala
Life is too short to be depressing, I have too much control of things around me to get depressed.

I am I big grin

yerssot
life is made to be a biatch

Mr Parker
Yeah too often it brings me down,thats why I really like this site because its a site to discuss mostly movies.I go to a lot of movies to get away and escape from reality because its too depressing the way the world really is so I try not to think about it.

Storm
you have to try and see the lots of bright sides life has too

KidRock
life is what u make it chief

if you think your lifes shitty then it is..make it better like i do lol

*Ladies...my anti depressent*

Baylin
I'm not depressed, saddened and disheartened but not depressed, thankfully i dont get depressed as such. My problem is I'm frustrated, trapped in place I really dont want to be and I'm tired of waiting for the next oportunity to ride the waves out. At the moment it looks like my marriage could be on the rocks and well to be honest I'm f***ed off about it! It's my 2nd marriage and after my first failed I promised myself that I wouldnt do it again and hey I broke a promise I made to myself and now its coming back to haunt me.
Anyway thanks for giving me this chance to vent a little steam.

Storm
I know there' s a lot of pain and misery in the world and I dont' close my eyes for it... I' m not blind for it. But I would seize every minute... look at life and really see it... live it... and never give it back!

Baylin
Good words Storm that's generally my outlook on life, but occasionally it just overwhelms me a little and it makes me feel sad sad

Storm
I think we all get overwhelmed by it from time to time

Baylin
sad yes sad

Storm
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Ushgarak
Oh blimey...

Baylin
Hmm not so good, for at the moment the sad things are taking my breath away sad

Storm
*raises hands in despair*
*sigh*

KidRock
haha

Baylin
Hey thats my despair your throwing about stick out tongue wink

Mr Parker
Yeah we do have those thankfully.Sometimes when I'm in a good mood I'll look at the sky and really be able to appreciate it.

Mr Parker
Yeah I hear you.Thats exactly how I feel,trapped in a place I really dont want to be.It was always my goal that by the time I was 25 I would be rich and be able to move where I want to,here I am in my late 20's and I'm STILL poor trapped in a place I dont want to be and want to forget. sad

Ushgarak
I dunno what to say, really... life CAN be depressing, we all know that. I mean, I am not going to beat around the bush here, my life has been shit. Ok, not living on the streets/sexually abused by father/starving child in Ethiopia shit, but still shit and that there are worse lives is no reason to feel differently (which is wh I always hated the song 'Streets of London' which always seemed to me to be emotional blackmail saying you are not ALLOWED to be unhappy). I mean, when I fell ill it blew apart my life totally, everything I had ever achieved or had ever planned to achieve was gone, stripped away one step at a time until I was there bed bound unable to even get up any more and the recovery period since then, nine years worth, has been abysmally unhappy with no point, value or worth to my life, no apparent goals to fulfill or successes to celebrate whilst I watched all my friends go onwards and upwards and do better and better and better whilst my nightimes became an evil morass of horribleness that made me so terrified of the very concept of trying to sleep- because of the nightmarish thoughts and feelings that would course through my mind if I tried- that I would do anything rather than try and sleep which made me worse and worse and worse and during those nights if I could have pressed a button to end my life I would have done and as it is I did make a serious attempt to kill myself once and in true style I messed it up good and proper and the only vaguely happy time was with Elle/Edna about which you can read massive amounts elsewhere and AFTER it things have been worse, and stayed worse, emotionally...

... but... (shrugs). There you go. Life can be very depressing. Sod it, I am going to tough it out anyway.

Bur frankly, a lot of people who say they are depressed are really just in an unhappy mood at the time. Big world of difference.

oh, and, er, things might get better soon. Meh... a lesson there somewhere, I guess. I'll get back to you on it.

BackFire
Life is full of ups and downs, some people suffer from more downs then ups, but usually it is not permanent. You just have to try to stick it out, as Ush said, and hope for better days in teh future. If you're patient, chances are they will come.

Baylin
Yup thats right but I've been here so often its becoming tedious, and yes as always I'll get through my problems I'm just a little drunk at the moment which alcohol being a "downer" means I'm being more disheartened than I really am but thats life isn't it!

Ushgarak
Blimey, it's been tedious enough for me.

Baylin
I'll bet from what little I know of you Ush! Working in the health service for the past 9 years I've seen a lot of terminally and long time ill people and those recovering but I still cant really comprehend just what its like.

Ushgarak
Ah well, I'll take it out on the Light Siders...

Vader
Life is depressing if don't find a way to win, the losers want to drag you into their mess and soceity in general is hostile, the best way is to smile and get away from the losers.

* Vader gives magical hug to everyone sad.

yerssot
*holds comment*
hmmm, guess I'm learning everyday *proud*

*gives Ush a pet on the shoulder*
erm

SilverFighter
Depression is something that happens to most of us. There are times in which I said to myself "Why can life be any easier". Then I realize that life isn't easy you gotta work to get what you want. I may not be the right person to say this but you must set your goals in life. Only if you fail you can be depress but that doesn't mean you're not going to STOP trying again and again until you suceed. Try to be reasonable with the goals you have set and try to do as much as you can to achieve them. No one is going to help you! It is your own SELF that has to do it!

If you are depress cuz you are financialy broke (like sometimes I tend to be) try to get a better more profitable job. If you are depress cuz of love then find that person makes you feel better (depress with your love one? then work it out because it takes two to be in a relationship) If you are depress cuz of current events in the world then guess what? NO ONE CAN FIX THIS INSANE WORLD.

Don't trouble your mind too much, just live your life and worry about getting your goals achieve (Of course as long as those goals are within the law big grin ) Thinking is my way to get out of depression it may not mean much but thinking does help. JMO

yerssot
as Ushgarak pointed out earlier, that's being sad or stressed about something, not being depressed

SilverFighter
Sadness and stress does lead to depression.

yerssot
in the end perhaps, yes
but I mean, being sad doesn't make you depressed per se

SilverFighter
Thats true....

Gotwa
My life is depressing. Mainly to the fact of all the stuff I have:

OCD, ADHD, I'm Bipolar, Dyslexia, and that other fun stuff.

diegocala
That's right! You're just sad

Baylin
Hehe big grin Proper positive therapy! big grin

Like said earlier I'm sad and frustrated cos my life's difficult to steer at the moment but not depressed cos I know it will get better I'm just at a ow point like everyone gets from time to time.
Anyway I'm sober now and feeling a little brighter, which proves the point alcohol is the last thing a sad person should have!

Mr Parker
Yeah like you said just because there are people out there a lot worse off than yourself,it still makes you feel like shit.Man I really feel for ya,sounds like you've had it rough.Yeah unfortunately with me,it seems like I'm depressed more often than I am happy at the time like I have been lately.

Storm
sad

Mr Parker
Good advise Silver,its times like these when I really need to hear things like that to keep me going.The way the world is really tends to get me down at times more so than the others you mentioned.

Captain REX
I don't see why you people find life so depressing. Sure, it has it's ups and downs, but it's not supposed to be the greatest thing ever.

Tired Hiker
Life is a pain in the rump. It is designed that way to keep us all equal. Because, no matter what, we all have to stick our fingers up our arse to wipe!

shaber
I get by by trying to distance myself from events as they unfold. It is best not to be too involved. That way lies madness.

44_caliber_fox
life is a *****. i hate my life - when my boyfriend broke up w. me {of five months} i lost everything ; my friends, my great academics, my social life, pretty much everything. ppl say that u can think that the glass is half empty or half shut but the glass is ****ing EMPTY in my life . from the second that im happy {which is rare} im only just waiting for something shitty to happen. that's why i skate - it gets my mind off this shitty thing that we call life. as i see it its just gods way of ****ing us up

bilb
There is a distinct difference in being sad and being clinically depressed. There are certain symptoms/syndromes one must present with in order to be diagnosed as clinically depressed. I know because I have been battling it for well over 10 years now. It has gotten to the point now where I can tel whether I am merely sad or if its a biological condition. Which it is, has everything to do with neurotransmitters in the brain. Everyone gets sad. Its part of life. With out it you would never be able to appreciate the good things in life, you would have nothing to make a comparison with. That said, often times the reason for our sadness is other people and external circumstances. Guess what? You cannot control ANY of that. All you CAN control is your reaction to it. Thats the difference between optimism and pecimissim (sp?) . Everyone needs to vent and often times that process alone with improve your mood. Not that I am any better at all of this than anyone else. I have alot of crappy things in my life right now that are not what I want. The problem is that the only solution is to make a choice to go in another direction. And its a choice I never wanted to faced with and dont wanna make, AT ALL.. Everything (other than some biological predispostions) comes down to choice, thats where I am weak......

Mr Parker
Damn how did THIS old thread get resurrected?? eek!

BlackC@t
Life has been a biatch to me, and for reasons I have not and will not say in a thread on these boards, ever.

The good thing is I've learnt the lesson of having to work for what I want.
Thanks to my heros and idols I've been taught to hold on a second longer.

What annoys me is some people always get what they want, they never had to work because it was always there.

bilb
Originally posted by BlackC@t

What annoys me is some people always get what they want, they never had to work because it was always there.

*cough*ParisHilton*cough*

BlackC@t
Tell me about it.

Well I think she use to be like that.

Now it seems like she's trying to make it on her own.

alic88
life is not depressing for me it is incredibly boring
i moved to houston,texas 5 months ago. and since then its been really hard to make friends, infact i have made none, plenty of acquintances but no friends. i get really depressed about that sometimes, i cant do anything about it unfortunately. i am tired of spending all day at home(other than school)

gls
life is depressing for me. i have friends. some really great friends. but the things that can happen..it just makes me feel down every now and then. no matter how well the day was sometimes i jus think at night and get depressed.

Mr Parker
I still cant believe this old dead thread that I thought had been buried way back in the archives several pages back was brought back to life and resurrected. laughing laughing eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.