Why do DVD's pause

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sentinelrv
Why do DVD's pause in the middle of certain movies. Both of my Lord of the Rings Extended Edition movies do it, and others. Certain parts in the movies it will stop for 2 seconds and then start again. I really really hate that. I think it disrupts the flow of the movie. Is there anyway I can prevent it from doing that. Is my DVD player just too cheap and I need to go buy an expensive more advanced one?

Tex
The laser is switching from one layer to another.

sentinelrv
Is there any DVD player that can get around this process?

Kes
Could be the disk. It could be scratched.

G.P
I agree with Tex. I don't know if there is a way to stop that

yerssot
yup, it's the layer as far as I know

HockeyFace
DVDs are crap. This new technology isn't as great as people make it out to be... I too have the DVD pause problm with my Halloween 6 Producer's Cut.

stinkfist462
I HATE DVD PAUSE!!! it ruins the entire movie!! especially when it pauses and SKIPS over like 3 minutes... I HATE IT!!

LanceWindu
It has to be the DVD player...

Because ours skips on all disks, but when I play the films on the included DVD feature of my PS2 they work perfect.

stinkfist462
my ps2 sucks at playing dvds.... so i use my xbox and its pretty damn good on that ... but my xbox is usually at my cousins room

Pablo G
The only DVD that pauses in my house is Matrix Reloaded, twice. When Neo talks to the Oracle and when he talks to the Architecht.

johnny_rotten
I too hate that "layer change break pause". The people that encode these films are total muppets. I have a DVD where the pause is mid-sentence !! It's totally out of order. There are machines out there that can minimise the affects of layer break change. I am just going to live with it. When blue ray DVD's come out the problem will not be there (i hope)

Linkalicious
i don't think i have that problem....but i got a really nice DVD player so would that be a reason? or am i just not noticing the obvious? i think i would realize something like this if i saw it, especially if it's such a problem that you guys are posting about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.