How Old

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

arwen22
How old is Aragon again in the movie?

Lord_Andres
when Eoweyn gives him some stue in TTT Extended edition he says that his 87

badkittykitty
yeah that florred me..I didnt remember that from the book

Exa
Yes, he is,
He's even older than Boromir's mother...
Frodo is also 51, while Eowyn was only 5 years old at Bilbo's birthday party.

BingaBonga
haha, i didn't think of it like that... isn't he older than denethor too?

SKAliv
We know he's older than Theoden, after seeing the TTT EE....yet another reason why he shouldn't have chosen Eowyn!

BingaBonga
well, it's just like arwen and aragorn. Arwen doesn't age.... Aragorn ages slower than mortal men... so really it's not that bad. Anyway, I think that he should have chosen Eowyn over Arwen

Ariadne
I think it's kind of weird that while in the book Frodo is the oldest and Pippin is the youngest, the Elijah and Billy are opposite.

If Eowyn was 5 at Bilbo's party, wouldn't she only be 22 or something?

BingaBonga
yup. i still think eowyn and aragorn are still cute, but Faramir and her, are perfect. I wish that we could have heard more about the fellowship in the epilogue... In the movie i wish that we could have seen Gimili and Leoglas sail off to Valinor.

billyboyd4ever
maybe in the EE.....

didnt aragorn die at like 210?

Exa
No Denethor is one year older than Aragorn wink wink

Yes, something like 210

BingaBonga
That's really weird, I thought that it was something like that. So, how much older is Aragorn to Theoden? Sorry, I don't want to go get the books, they're upstairs, and it's cold.

Exa
18 years

BingaBonga
thanks exa smile

Verity
Yep! He looks good for 87! big grin

Lord_Andres
how is that possible, Eowyn 5 years old at Bilbos party?and a few mounths later shes all grownop, well u do mean bilbos birthday party right?

BingaBonga
if you've read the books, frodo waits years before he actually starts the quest.

Verity
I don't know if she was 5 at Bilbo's party...I dunno where that came from! Years did pass by after....Actually 9 to be exact, between Gandalf riding to Minas Tirith to find out about the ring, and returning to get Frodo out of the Shire!....Then 1 year was what it took Frodo to get to Mordor.....So I guess it could be! I think she must have been a little bit older.... confused

Lord_Andres
oh

Exa
Well bilbos birthday party was in t.a. 3001 and the journey started 3018.

(so eomer was 10 years old at the time of the birthday party big grin )

Ariadne
So many ages to remember! Ok, is 3018 the same as 1419 Shire reckoning or that a year off or something? I should just carry the books around everywhere.

Exa
3018, I think, is 1418 as the Shire was first "visited" by the hobs in TA 1600 or something. But of course the years start at different times... hobyear is a bit later.

Ariadne
Thanks Exa! That does make more sense when I think about it.

sauron
well from bilbos party to frodo setting off is like 18 year or something

fini
uhh frodo turned 33 when bilbo was 111...........and he left the shire with the ring when he was 50( same age as bilbo when HE left to the lonely mountain)

UH people, who dont know these stuff, read the appendices

BingaBonga
Guys what would we do without Exa? Fini, it's an easy mistake to make, I mean, there is a lot of information in the appendices, so give them a break. If you haven't read the appendices you really should though...

Exa
thumb up
Yeees reading the books is always the best idea wink

Fire
hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.