After ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
is there any book about what happent after ROTK?

nazgulinthedark
uh i don't know the return of the king is last in the lordof the rings trilogy

flickerstick
The closest thing you will find to that is in the appendix located after the conclusion of Return of the King. I contains information on what happens with the members of the fellowship after the events of the books. However, it is mostly presented in the form of a timeline so it does little more than say what happens.

burlyman
what about that unfinished book

flickerstick
Ah. I remember reading about that now. From what I remember, there wasn't a whole lot of it that was even written. I don't think it's ever been made available though so the timelines are the only thing for now unless more surfaces up somehow.

flickerstick
Ok. I guess it's too late to edit my last message, but I've found out a little bit more. The 12th volume of the History of Middle-Earth series is supposed to contain a few pages of a story Tolkien had begun to write that took place after the passing of Aragorn. I have yet to start reading any of the books in this series, but it sounds like this is probably the only other thing that can be found regarding events that occur after the books. However, it does not appear that any of the major LOTR characters are involved in the story.

Exa
Yes, there is the beginning of the story "The New Shadow" which was supposed to take place in the Fourth Age but there are only some few pages written;
There are also some vague stories about the ending of the world and the Dagor Dagrath, but only as "previews" (or predictions) in other stories, I think.

Lord_Andres
Dagor Dagrath? what the hell is that?

Exa
tha Battle of Battles, last fight of good vs evil... causes ending of the world... already some threads about that

BingaBonga
Didn't Christopher Tolkien made a book of all his fathers notes, or something like that. Well, I got the edited version of The Silmarillion, the one that he edited. Exa, I take it you've read it?

Member.
everyone knows what the new shadow is. men. they fought the dwarves and enslaved the hobbits and started acting all Saruman.

BingaBonga
oh, i didn't know.... embarrasment

Julie
after ROTK....for the real world...is probably action figures and such....still make money even after a time.

perhaps someone will sanction a EU so to speak for LOTR

BingaBonga
and...hopefully The Hobbit.

Melkor_TheEnemy
We know that eventually after ROTK the world will become as it is now. Men have done what Saruman said, industry has taken over, the forests will fall and so forth.

Gandalf had faith in us but it seems our nature won out in the end and all good that was in men ended many centuries ago... well not all good.

BingaBonga
that's sad, but the truth.

Exa
Not ONE book... twelve books for the History Of Middle-Earth and the Unfinished Tales wink

I've read what?

The New Shadow is of course Men making Sauronfangroups and stuff

sauron
like meeeeeee

in the history of middle earth books after sauron defeated comes morgoths ring and war of jewels, wouldnt they have happened earlier, than the defeat of sauron, alot earlier

Exa
Its not chronological - HME VI-VII (or also IX) are about LoTR but afterwards you have things about the first age again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.