godfather in a nut shell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
"thank you for inviting me to your home" *bang* *Dead body* the end

Machine
your giving it too much credit .

King Jedi
It's a little better than that.

ToMacco
King Jedi, I figured you'd be more intelegent than to side with these clowns.

Zed
What have you lot got against Godfather.

I take it that you lot haven't actually seen the movie.

BackFire349
sadly i have had the misfortune of seeing this bland peace of film, its nothing special really, just another mafia movie about italians killing eachother to me. but then again im not one to like a movie just because the critics tell me i should.

ToMacco
THe Godfathers were the first of the Maffia movies.

Obviously, those of you who don't appreciate them, havn't seen any movies made before 1990. So get off your asses and stop watching all the crap they come out with these days. mad

BackFire349
most of my favorite movies were made in the 60's, 70's and 80's, so there goes your theory buckeroo

ToMacco
Well, fine.

I just don't see how someone could NOT like the Godfather films. Maybe Part III, but only because the first two were so damn good. But III was good, also.

I'd have to think about it for a long time, but I think the Godfather trillogy may be better than the Star Wars trillogy.

Actually, they are both pretty much equal.

BackFire349
tomacco, your quote kicks ass "its a ring toss game" lol

ToMacco
That's the first comment I've gotten on that. I assume you know what it's from. One of the funniest damn things Homer has ever said! laughing out loud

BackFire349
yes, i agree

BackFire349
and your darn tootin i know what your talking about, you wont meet a bigger simpsons fan then me

Machine
and yes he means that literally "a bigger simpsons fan" hes a fat ass i know him (backfire)

BackFire349
ah, i see that since you figured you couldnt legitamately defend boondock saints you had to attack my physical flaws.

Zed
How can you say that the movies are all the same.

The movies are progressions in a mobsters life. This movie does not glamorise crime like other famous movies, rather all the complications that arise from crime.

BackFire349
I'm not a fan of any of the mob/crime movies, if i wanted to see italians killing eachother I'd watch cops

Machine
I would say the same thing about basketball. if i want to see black people run id watch cops.

King Jedi
Tomacco I wasn't siding with them. I was disagreeing. I like the Godfather.

ToMacco
King Jedi- sorry. Good!

Machine, Backfire349; I'd advise you watch the racial slurs. You may offend some people here.

Zed, you're exsactly right. The end of Godfather III proves your point.

BackFire349
they're all just extremely simple and predictable. and i didnt say a racial slur. i said a racial joke, there is a difference

ToMacco
Backfire349, you still have much to learn, my young padawan.

Any discrimintory remark, wether it be a joke, a comment, or an idea would be a racial slur (in my mind). I beleive that this world is a whole, and to categorize any group, of any kind, for any reason, is completly unnessesary.

Next, saying that "The Godfather"s are predictible is a joke. Simple? I think not, my friend. I don't think you are mature enough to comprehend the deepness of the films.

BackFire349
i dont consider racial jokes racial slurs, a racial slur would be calling a black man a ****** or something, im sure ill get alot of hate mail for saying that word even though i wasnt saying it a dirogatory way, just as a example. i think godfather is extremely over rated, i can name about 30 movies that are better in every possible way (acting, creativity, directing) you name it, im not saying people cant like the movie, or that its a badly made movie. i just find all those mob films to be the same and very generic, just not my cup of tea.

Machine
I agree with backfire what we both said wasnt a slur or an attack, it was a joke and if people cant realize it was a joke, then so be it ,backfire and myself love joking around we make fun of each other and ourselves . if you guys would only realize that if you just laugh everyhing off and not give a damn what he ,she ,you, me say then their would be no racism , prejudice ,begits or hate crimes . we need not to fight violence with violence but violence with laughter is the key. so please do not be offened by what anyone says .even the two fat ****s like backfire and myself. just call us something back i insist.. P.S. TOMCATS WAS A BETTER MOVIE THEN GODFATHER i might have gone to far tomcats was a quite horrible movie.

BackFire349
i just laugh cuz i find everything funny, i find some things funny that arent funny. i even laugh at the fact that some people get offended by racist jokes, you dont hear me get mad when someone makes a fat joke about me, i have something called a sense of humor, and recognize jokes as nothing more then jokes. if people take them seriously then thats their own problem.

BackFire349
tommaco, what happened to your great simpsons quote?

BackFire349
machine i think you went to far, even i was offended by the comparison of tomcats to godfather. you should bow your head in shame.

Machine
i agree backfire . you cant do anything but laugh for i know that anything beyond that will result in a major heart attack for you

Machine
oh my... i have gone to far i shall punish myself severely i will not have a any bacon substance for a day (we both know that wont last)

Ushgarak
When it comes to even vaguely dodgy areas on a public board, best play it safe, guys. That's not a condemnation but I still have certain responsbilities while modding here, so you;d best stay away from that sort of thing in future.

Please bear in mind that if I had thought that was an ACTUAL slur you were sayin there, it would get a much larger response than a message like this.

Meanwhile, I find it odd that you would say that acting is an area the Godfather lacks in, seeing how clearly superb the acting is. I can't quite understand you thinking it is like other mob movies, but oh well.

ToMacco
Besides, I don't consider the Godfather's to be 'gangster movies'. I think they are movies about families.

They have made many bad mob movies (Billly Bathgate, Mobsters) and crappy ones like that. Goodfellas was excelent. That was a gangster movie. Godfather isn't.

Machine
Ushgarak thank you for your understanding we all appreciate it ushgarak i will respect your advise thank you again ushgarak

ToMacco
stop saying Ushgarak mad mad wink

Machine
ok i will stop saying ushgarak , whats the matter with saying ushgarak though ? is it bad to say ushgarak ,ok ok no more saying ushgarak . for now !!!!!!!!!!!! evil smurk

yerssot
To is just angry because Ushgarak knows a lot more then him wink
Right Ushgarak?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.