Movies That Are Cursed (Or Have Unusual Events Surrounding Them)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkweaver
What movies are renowned for being cursed or having unusual or inexplicable events surrounding them?

One that comes to mind right now for me is Poltergeist. Quite a few actor deaths and had odd things happen on the set, especially during the 2nd and 3rd movies.

Tired Hiker
Polt is the first one that came to my mind, the second, oddly enough, is From Dusk til Dawn.

wicker_man
The most famous of 'cursed' films is The Amityville Horror, so much unexplainable stuff went on during the filming of that feature if my mind serves me correctly a copy of the films script was involved in a couple of mishaps (explosions, car crashes etc) and whilst everything else was destroyed it remained in pristine condition.

burlyman
good ones smile

there were a few tradgedies with Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions

Aaliyah killed in a plane crash in 2001
Gloria Foster died of diabetes in 2001
Keanu's ex-girlfriend died in car accident in 2001 (in 1999 they had a stillborn baby)
Keanu's sister diagnosed leukemia

and the injuries that go along with all that martial arts...
Carrie-Anne Moss, who plays Trinity, broke her leg training for a wire stunt. Laurence Fishburne, aka Morpheus, fractured an arm in another training incident. And Weaving put out a disc in his neck while being pulled back on a wire.

anything ive forgotten?

yerssot
the Superman-movies:
Christopher Reeves (thanks mah), got in a wheel chair
the one that played Loise Lane went insane (it rhyms big grin)
and I think there were some minor accidents too, but that's what I can remember now

Palaka
There's also "The Crow", where not only was Brandon Lee killed, but during the first day of shooting in Wilmington, North Carolina, a carpenter suffered severe burns after his crane hit live power lines. On subsequent days, a grip truck caught fire, a disgruntled sculptor crashed his car through the studio's plaster shop, and a crew member accidentally drove a screwdriver through his hand.

Lipsticktraces
I never heard of anything on From Dusk Till Dawn. I have heard of all of the others mentioned. The only one that comes to mind, though is The Wizard of Oz. I never even knew if any of that was real. anybody else know?

Darkweaver
Same here. Someone elaborate on this.

BTW Wicker Man, I still love your sig!

BackFire
Even god was trying to keep those crappy matrix sequels from being made.

Lord Soth
I was thinking the same thing wink

You people took all of mine.....

mardook
What about that John Landis directed movie... I can't remember the name of the movie. There was an accident that resulted in the death of the leading actor and 2 vietnamese children. They were killed when the helicopter fell and the blades hit them onscreen. I saw the accident footage a few years back. Gruesome indeed!

amity75
I'm aware of the Wizard of Oz stuff. Theres a bit where apparently a suicidal munchkin is hanging in the background by a rope from a tree. (apparently)

Kes
Its a bird. Same for 3 men and a baby. There's no dead kid. Thou it looks that way.

BackFire
yeah, the 'ghost' in 3 men and a baby is merely a cardboard cutout.

Pipage558
The amityville horror movie scares the crap out of me. yeah u can say that its cursed for the fact that stuff happened in real life

Darkweaver
Wait, did someone mention Twilight Zone: The Movie? There was a huge helicopter accident and a few people died as a result, one of them being the actor who played the bigot in the first episode.

Kes
Yeh.

LanceWindu
Yes that's the one mardook was explaining...have you ever seen the video of that? Yuck.

Ushgarak
Some people have been watching Urban Legend vids, I think...

yerssot
if they just rereleased the video with the cut-scene where they say why the cardboard cutout is standing there, it would all be solved

Ushgarak
The deaths of actors from Poltergheist isn't really that unusual either.

Omen is meant to have a run of bad luck though...

HockeyFace
Halloween 6: Donald Pleasance dies shorly after the wrapping up of this film.

Arabian Nights: Featured the voices of two actors that passed away after the wrapping up of the film. Both horror legends too... Vncent Price and Donald Pleasance.

Fatal Frames: Italian film features 3 dead actors that died during or shortly after the making of the film. One of them is Donald Pleasance.

tha human soul
What about the Exorcist!!! The girl playing the possesed kid died 4 real in a mysterious way...

.:[Kamikaze]:.
yeh and did the director die also..?

i know there was some freaky shite happening coz of that movie..

and the fact that it happened in real life, thats bludy scary..

wicker_man
The girl you are referring to is Linda Blair and she is not dead although starring in that film did arouse alot of rumours about her mental state, after the Exorcist she did a couple of low key movies and even stared in one of S-Club Sevens shows and now presents a show called 'The Scariest Places on Earth'.

The director of the Exorcist has not passed away either and most notable recent directorial credits include 'Rules of Engagement' and the 'French Connection 1 & 2' .

SilverFighter
The Game of dead comes to mind with the curse thing. Bruce Lee never finished the movie and died. Ironic that in the movie he fakes his own dead no expression

Kes
Why would they do that? That scene is what saved that movie.

buffymitch
Everything aboput superman. I don't know how many there were b ut all of them had som kine of terrible thing happen in there life. One of them took his own life. accept for the last one. Dean Cain. Nothing happened to him. let's hope it stays that way. Maybe this is one of the reasons why it's taking so long for another Superman movie to come out. No actor wants that job

tha human soul
sweet...

yerssot
it would help get that legend out of the world

Asami
Maybe Dean Cain's curse was that his acting career ceased to exist?

Wonder what'll happen to Tom Welling...

ragesRemorse
i know alot of people died making the movie ben hur. a few people got trampled and died during the filming of the chariot scene

Kes
Yerss> Several mistakes forums tell the truth and the Producers have stated that its a cardboard.

Kes
Rages> Yup, heard that one too. Kickass scene!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.