Jobs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
who was it that said their occupation was a GRAPHIC DESIGNER?

barbie_girl
not me i want to be an aerospace engineer and then own my own strip club!

Dim
It was me..why?

Lara
what qualifications do you need?

queeq
You need to know your stuff. wink

Lara
thats not what I'm asking but thanks for the tip.

queeq
Did you ever do any graphic design? Or something artistic? Painting? Digital art? THat's where it usually starts. And then you need to know your software (Photoshop, Quark Express, Illustrator). So art school or industrial design schools are where you might want to go.

Ratcat
Not sure it is something you can just learn though. Some have managed it, but I think the ones that make a success of it generally have some kind of flare for the artistic before they get started.

Though that is not always the case.

mah
Lara probably has that when she wants that job.

Ratcat
Well it never hurts to mention it. Sometime in our enthusiasm to achieve things we often forget the obvious. big grin

mah
true

mechmoggy
Some people are just born with an artistic flair, just don't go taking it all too seriously and cut your own ear off Lara.

Lara
I maybe mad, But I'm not that mad!.
anyway I'm the natural drawing talent in my household.
I wish I had a scanner to show you some of my work but I dont. sad
anyway I have to start at the bottom of the ladder because my school wouldnt let me do GCSE ART.*face of frustration*

mechmoggy
What do schools know? I got a big fat "F" in technology at school (another buzz word for engineering) and now I'm a partner in my own engineering business. Life never works out how you think, my brother for instance studied for 4 years to be a chef and now he's a welder. Go figure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Lara, in the end the artistic talent is probably more important than knowing the programs right now. You might be smarter to focus on your drawing skills right now and start to take up learning some of the promgrams in a year or two.

Lara
Thanks Dim.
At the moment I'm planing to do a computer graphics course and art and design course at collage both at foundation level.
But at the moment I'm studying Graphic products at GCSE level.
I draw, yes, indeed I do but I seem to have a fasination w/ eyes and womens faces, I dont know why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.