SLC Punk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
This movie is cool and funny.It teaches you about the life of punks drugs and sex.This movie was interesting and Matthew Lillard made this movie really funny.

Cinemaddiction
I finally caught it this afternoon, and as I said in the DVD thread, I'm ashamed for not seeing it any earlier. It's just fantastic. This isn't your typical "coming of age" movie, is it is a "What now?" kind of flick for High School graduates, with a punk twist. There's a lot of epiphanies, wake up calls, and other eye-opening experiences that would lead those who follow the lifestyle to believe that there are ways of staying true to yourself without selling out.

Great acting, great script, killer monologue gimmick which I loved, and a very well rounded drama that kept me entrigued the whole way through. Matt Lillard was ace, especially. I was actually rooting for him, in hopes that he wouldn't just abandon the lifestyle entirely. Although he did, his reasoning behind re-evaluating his stance were solid, and was the same I would have suggested.

Just a great, great flick, and an indie staple.

Darth_Big_Boy
Great movie. Rented it not too long ago to watch again and it's still as fresh as it was when I first saw it eyars ago.

Jackie Malfoy
If it has a good meaning to the story I would go see it.JM

Miss_Faye
WHOA!!! Someone besides myself has seen SLC Punks...! Very bad ass. I saw the movie whoa, i can't even remember but it's a very well directed movie very well everything. I love Heroine Bob, tho...well yea ahem, the movie is great and i'm just so happy to see that someone has finally other then myself has seen it. Woo hoo! big grin

MovieRose0101
For a movie that only took three weeks to film (entirely), S.L.C. PUNK! was, in my opinion, a great movie. "How goes it?" lol
For those of you who have seen it, what was your favorite quote from the movie?

Selphie
I don't remember an exact quote at the moment, but I really liked Stevo's rant about american punks wearing british flags on their leather.

I really like this movie, I always find it very touching at the end.

Rogue Jedi
Poor Heroin Bob.

Selphie
Yep. I always had the hots for young Bob. He was a cutie.

Rogue Jedi
I like how SteveO's GF put it in perspective for him, that despite his hatred for uniforms, he was in fact wearing one.

Myth
I really liked this movie, had no idea is what filmed so quickly though.

MovieRose0101
yup, three weeks. Great Work. Little Time. This movie's as good as a film can be on those terms.

"Wait, your not Jesus. . . . . . your Bob!"

=Tired Hiker=
I liked that movie a lot.

Devil King
Originally posted by Punker69
This movie is cool and funny.It teaches you about the life of punks drugs and sex.This movie was interesting and Matthew Lillard made this movie really funny.

I liked it the first few times I watched it, but got tired of it pretty quickly. But, my favorite thing about it was the fact that the movie explored this lifestlye for 2 hours and then showed the viewer that it was just another fad. When I was in high school, most of my friends fancied themselves punks. They didn't realize that just because they liked punk music and were in a punk band, it didn't mean they were actual punks. Now most of them are married with kids or became cops...go figure.

Scythe
Great film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.