Would you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gotwa
So.. after a year of travelling with an overly corruptive ring, the most powerful in existance, would you have thrown it in? I wouldn't have.. I'd probably go on a slaying spree. XD

Morgoths_Wrath
I probably would have swallowed it...from day one. Whos gonna think to look for a ring in my stomach? And furthermore, whos gonna wanna rummage through my little hobbit outhouse for it? Not even Wraiths would stoop so low.

Gotwa
LOL

LegolasIsMyMan
I would have destroyed it. If i was to keep the ring, what good would it do me, it would corrupt me, and my life would be as good as over, because i wouldn't be myself.
And you can't just make you decision on your self, because you dont just have to do this for yourself, because this has to do with everyone, so you have to look at the big picture.....

sauron
legolasismyman, you say that now, you havent got a ring playing with your brain cells lol

well if i had the ring i would destroy gondor and rohan and all free peoples and take over middle earth maybe try tol erressea, but not as far as valinor as i could not win such a battle

wizzee
and if you go by the books etc once you have the ring for that long you dont really have a choice of your own as the rng seems to take over.
and you end up like gollum

sauron
rotk viewers, i think gollum looked better at the end of his life than what he did when he was transforming

nazgulinthedark
no they wouldn't, they are very noble!! stick out tongue corrupted kings

wizzee
i would of gone through it for the ring

Gotwa
Next thing you know something pops out of your stomach like in Space Balls.. but in actuallity it IS your stomach.. so you see your stomach dancing around with a ring around some severed part of your instetine.. stick out tongue

LegolasIsMyMan
Actually, my friend has a "one ring" and hee hee, i wore it, and i mean, it does make you like it alot.... but i gave it back, so i triumphted over that

sauron
lol, what a lovely thought, thank you

Gotwa
I have one of those.. I have it on a chain around my neck.. I don't like taking it off.. stick out tongue

szhismine
i would have tried to destroy it and resist temptation.

but today i gave in to the temptation at looking at one of my Christmas gifts. stick out tongue

although, if i was standing over the pit of lava getting ready to let go of the Ring but i was tempted to keep it, i would have thought of the consequences and what would happen if i would keep it: my finger would get bitten off by a thing who's practically a cannibal. stick out tongue wink

why lose a perfectly good finger?

LegolasIsMyMan
yep perfectly said

fini
hmmm gotwa u've seen too mnay alien movies with them bursting outta people stomachs !!!!!

hmmmmmm i dont think any of us could actually answer that question cause i'm sure frodo had reallly good sound intentions of destroying the ring and look what happened to him........and remember the ring had a different effect on bilbo and gollum cause Sauron was not ACTIVELY seeking it and the ring was not DESPERATE to get back to its owner.

so my answer is I DUNNO.

Smodden
hmmm. i would have went to Mt. Doom and waited till a miserable wretch bit it off my finger and then fell in the lava...

but thats just me....

kalantiaw
i have scaringly evil tendencies... the one ring in my possession..? i would take over sauron laughing out loud ... i thought frodo was taken over by the ring and he was gonna keep it if not for gollum biting it off his finger..?

i too possess the one ring... i can't leave home without it... works pretty good as an ice breaker... especially in clubs and bars cool ...

Exa
I think I would never have come so far... I mean just imagine, carrying the One... I think Id left the Fellowship afters some days of journey to found my own imperium with the ring of power :]

Smodden
none of us could sucom to the power of the Ring. we talk but none could do it.. at least no human.

which reminds me, when elrond and isildur are at mt doom, why didn't elrond just run up and push isildur in the fire ring and all? instead of just walking out with it.???

feanorlp
big grin laughing

HannaBananabal
Sure, I'd destroy it! Why else would I have wasted so much of my life travelling through marshes and long fields, climbing over mountains, hiding as a rock and fighting with my BEST friend, and all along putting up with some aging hair loss Rogaine patient next to us, who only meant to destroy us in the first place??

sauron
sucomb (sp) means fall under the dominoon of, so we all would
and if elrond did that sure he would save middle earth but he would actually destroy it, as if men found out elrond killed their king they would attack elves, elves would flee to tol eressea and valinor, men are stubborn and would probably attack there too, and be utterly destroyed

i would try and destroy it, but i am wanting to go and get my own one ring now just looking at this picture

Ariadne
I would hope that I would destroy it because otherwise everything would have been pretty pointless and I might as well have just stayed at home. Except then my home would be kinda destroyed... but I think you get my drift.

sauron
anyway i would destroy it NO doubt because if i didnt boromir would have died for nothing, ahhh boromir is amazing, HOW COULD TOLKIEN KILL HIM

Ariadne
You see, it's really all my friend's fault that Boromir died because her favourite character always dies and Boromir was one of her favourites. But yeah, Boromir was awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.