my blue heaven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
has anny one seen it besides me? if u havnt SEE IT NOW!

Tired Hiker
Steve Martin is classic as Vinnie.

el_barto
i know i made this a long time ago BUT since there are so many newbs flooding in i would like to move it up a little

vinny
i have to agree that this movie is awesome. its older but totally great.

Evil Dead
Anything with Steve Martin pre-2000 is great........the man could do no wrong.

roundisfunny
I dunno...he's had his share of stinkers:

(pre-"Roxanne"wink
"Pennies from Heaven"
"Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"
"All of Me"

(post-"Roxanne"wink
"My Blue Heaven" (IMO)
"Mixed Nuts"
"Bringing Down the House"
et al.

Im_Fuzzy
i dont think i ever saw bringing down the house hope it is good

Evil Dead
it isn't...........

Even in bad movies like All of Me, Three Amigos, etc........Martin always put in a good performance. He just picked bad movies. Bringing Down the House was just horrible.........

Cinemaddiction
Am I the only one that didn't like "The Jerk"? Given, the DVDs audio is ONLY in 2 channel stereo, it still just wasn't a very enjoyable viewing experience.

That said, I did like "Cheaper by the Dozen", especially since it was free, and "Father of the Bride", even if Kimberly Williams slightly influenced my opinion. love

roundisfunny
Evil Dead, you didn't like "Three Amigos"? Blasphemy! That's a John Landis classic!

Cinemaddiction, I can absolutely see why you might not have liked "The Jerk". It is one comedy that had a lot of belly laughs when it was first released, but those same gags have really deflated over the past 25 years (like a lot of classic comedy).

It's still enjoyable to me, though, and at least semi-quoteable. It contains one of my faves:

"I've been there! I was there! I have been was there!"

Evil Dead
eh.......Three Amigos was great when it first came out.........I liked it (of course I was a lot younger then)........I saw it on tv again about a month ago.......I'm set for the next few years.

el_barto
what is up with your sig man it is disturbing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.