One bad thing about ROTK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElvesRule24/7
Now let me say I loveddddddddddddddddddddddddddd this movie. I loved FOTR TTT and ROTK very much., But there was one thing in ROTK that I hated sooooooo much!!! Why does the eye of Sauron have a search light on it????? That looked soooo stupid! What was pj thinking, I hated that part! Does anyone feel this way 2? But this movie is still the best!! wooooooooo!

Lord_Andres
the line was way to narrow

Kitoky
I'd have to say the search light over did it, but it still rocks! I think they should've made it more dim atleast or not at all and the eye can see everywhere through darkness or light.

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, that was kinda stupid. but it was cool how it was on frodo and then the army came and the light moved to the gate.

Member.
yea, the search lite was kinda weird. but there was no bad thing about ROTK, it rocked, no arguement.

kalantiaw
the light... ugh... shoulda just showed sauron with a flashlight laughing out loud ... but never the less, RotK kick major a$$... well worth a numb a$$ and $9.50 laughing out loud ... they should do an imax showing eek! ...

Exa
Hm I also didnt like that... and actually Sauron was supposed to see EVERYTHING he just has to notice what he sees... not like this stupid searchlight.

BingaBonga
I never really thought about it until now, but I guess that is kind of strange. It could definately do without, but I don't think it's that important.

DARKVIRUS
Actually I kinda liked it.....showed a bit of despair from the eye as if to say, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!. It almost gave a paranoid look to the mighty eye. I mean sauron had no form to speak of so we could'nt see him bang his fist in anger over the situation that was happening.

I dunno that's just how I took it so I did'nt mind it so much.

ElvesRule24/7
I dont know, to me it just looked really stupid, but rotk still rules all.

Aurora
The "seach light" really threw me off for a min. It surprised me. It might have not as much if it had made any apperance in the other two films. Nonetheless it is the greatest movie Ever!!!

szhismine
here's the way i see it. and this is just my opinion, mind you.

in FOTR we see the Eye a few times when Frodo has the ring on. it was generally round and we only saw it when Frodo had the ring on. in TTT it wasn't round, the shape changed, and it was on top of Barad-dur. it was just an eye, it wasn't moving or doing anything. in ROTK the Eye was able to see and look around more (hence the light) and the Eye moved around and you could actually see some emotion (angry, nervous, etc.) to me it seems that Sauron was slowly getting more powerful, ergo the Eye kept evolving.

that's the way i see it. blink

DARKVIRUS
Yeah i see it the same way so when they presented the eye with a watchtower "look" to it..I actually liked it.

Furiae
The searchlight, IMO, was a MOVIE ONLY NEED. This way even the casual fan can understand that Sauron's GAZE left Frodo, you would never know that as easily if they removed that effect. I look at the narrow "spotlight" as Sauron's gaze is focused more in those particular sequences...that is why we didn't see it before.

I thought it VERY necessary and a very good way of showing EVERYONE what was happening...

Ariadne
I didn't really like the searchlight thing either. I can understand why they did it, but Sauron should be able to see EVERYTHING, not just a 10 ft radius or something. I mean, he would be able to kind of zoom in on one thing I would imagine, but it wouldn't be quite that literal.

lkotbr33
the light was pointless but nvr the less the movies was awesome, but in the book mount doom and barad dur are so far away in the book sam can barely see it when he goes into mordor they needed to spend more time in mordor

sauron
it was there to show the eye was DIRECTLY on frodo, so it had to be there from the beggining i mean big flaming eyes dont change

SKAliv
I don't think they eye actually changed. It always had the "headlight," but none of the characters had been close enough to see it.

ElvenQueen
It was kinda funky...lol.

sauron
i thought it was good

Ushgarak
I agree with Furiae.

BTW, where has this myth evolved that Sauron can see everything? That is ridiculous.

szhismine
Ushgarak, this should answer your question.

Saruman: "From his tower, the Lord of Mordor sees all. His gaze pierces clouds, shadow, earth and flesh. You know of what I speak Gandalf. A great eye, lidless, wreathed in flame."

Gandalf: "The eye of Sauron."

directly from 'Fellowship of the Ring' itself. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.