Favourite/Best Scene/Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
My favorite things about the movie:

-- On Weathertop when Frodo put the Ring on, the Nazgul looked like ghostly versions of their original selfs.
-- Sting looked like a lightsaber when the orcs were near.
-- The Balrog looked completely evil!
-- The Dark Lord Sauron looked awesome!
-- Everyone trilled on the first R in Mordor.
-- The Eye of Sauron...need I say more?
-- Christopher Lee portrayed his part as Saruman very well.

What did you guys like?

BTW, does anyone know where I could find a good pic of the Balrog, the Eye, and Sauron from the movie?

mah
I enjoyed the Moria section very much. also:
-Galadriel
-and all the rest of the characters
-elvish language
-seeing Hobbiton
-and the rest of the wonderful middle-earth

LadyEowyn
any war scene. esp. with legolas and his bow! I also liked how close the scenery was to what i pictured while i read the books smile

mah
that's true for me too, I think most were satisfied with how the locations looked.

LadyEowyn
what did you think about the part where galadriel turned all green in the mirror scene?

mah
I thought that was pretty suitable for the situation. did you dislike it?

LadyEowyn
i thought the effects were kinda cheesy. what about you?

mah
well maybe they were a bit simple, but I didn't think much about it when I saw it. otherwise though, I think it was great to see galadriel freak out.

LadyEowyn
i guess so

mah
such a lovely gal, that galadriel.
would want more to be seen from lothlorien though.

LadyEowyn
yeah. it woulda been cool to have a couple more minutes in lorien.

Ushgarak
Actually, that Galadriel going freaky bit has gotten very split opinions between those who thought it was scary as hell and those who think it was by far the worst effect in the film.

Captain REX
I go with "Scary as Hell." I bet Frodo peed his pants!

I thought it was funny when Gandalf scared the living daylights out of Bilbo and he started acting like a little kid.

I would have liked Gollum to try and take the Ring while Frodo was sleeping in Lothlorien. He did follow them there after all. And I would of liked to see the parade of orcs go passing by.

I was cool how Legolas fought. Takes an arrow, shoves it through an Orcs head, takes it out, puts it on the bow and fires it at another Orc. That's a good way to spread AIDS. laughing out loud

Then the leading Uruk-Hai. Aragorn shoves the sword through it's stomach and it leans forward and roars in his face. You could tell the Uruk-Hai was saying "Bite me!", then he loses his head.

LadyEowyn
i will have to say that the galadriel part mighta been scary for frodo, but i thought it was a tad bit...over the top.

mah
sometimes over the top is goodsmile
I wanted and expected it to be a bit out-there.

LadyEowyn
true.

Captain REX
But it was kind of creepy. It looked like a ghost or somethin. Very creepy looking.

aragorniscool45
my favorite part is when gollum talks to himself.

undomiel
I like when Legolas jumps on his horse and when he slides down the stairs with that shieldsmile

nopy
Alll the scenes with golum in it

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
I AGREE WITH UNDOMIEL thumb up ESPECILLY THE DOWM THE DOWN STAIRS, FIRST TIME I SAW THAT I LAUGHED, AND SAID "NICE ONE" SO YEAH THAT WAS PRETTY COOL.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PART WEAR ARAGORN HAS TO THROW GIMLI LOL

GIM:OH COME ON WE CAN MAKE IT
ARA:ITS A LONG WAY
GIM:!!....TOSS ME
ARA:WHAT?
GIM: I CANT GET THAT FAR YOUR GONNA HAVE TO TOSS ME
(ARA GRABS GIM)
GIM:BUT DONT TELL THE ELF
ARA: NOT A WORD

WELL SOMTHING ALONG THOES LINES

tiger lilly
hehe... i love that bit with aragorn and gimli!

ilvorlandobloom
My fave part is when Gollum is arguing w/ himself too! its so funny laughing out loud oh and when he calls Sam a fat stupid hobbit! big grin

undomiel
oh ya and I also like the part were aragorn is walking to see the king and he is like going through the doors in slow motion smile

chica16
i like it when gandalf comes back in the end w/ eomer and all the rohan people and they come down that hill... it makes me feel so good! hahaha.... ME MAD THOUGH CAUSE I DONT THINK THE ELVES WERE SUPPOSED TO BE AT HELM'S DEEP... but that's ok

undomiel
oh ya i like that part toosmile

Lady Ellie
Gollum is the coolest! He so funny. All the scenes with Gollum are my favourite. Oh yeah, and I liked it when Gimli said: You could have picked a better spot!! rock

Seraph
gollums talk to himself. then that scene when the rohirrim are charged by the wargs and aragorn is leaving eowyn. when gandalf arrives with eomer at helms deep. gimli and legolas talking on the wall of helms deep. haldirs dead...

fini
when the elfs of lorien come to helm's deep, yeah it was an addition, but it was a COOL addition.
also Gandalf returns, he is so gonna kick butt in ROTK rock

BOPRecruit 16
the battle of helm's deep was one of the major heigh lights of the film that i liked. of course it's because of the major battle and number of orcs coming in.

Dark_Queen
lol, Gollum's inner debate, and the battle of helms deep.Gandalf also riding in the battle as the white on shadowfax

Dark_Queen
here's a TTT pic of Gandalf

chica16
i liked it when the ents were at isengard and that one caught on fire and when they broke the dam the ent on fire ran up and dippped down in the water to put the fire out... it was hilarious... kind of haha

VenomVA
I liked the Beginning when gandolf was fighting the balrog as they were falling, when golem was talking to himself...loved the part when he called Sam a fat stupid hobbit! ROFLMAO.....and liked the aragorn(sp) Gimli talk about him getting tossed--lol Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Sifer
Quick answer:

All of it smile

undomiel
I also liked Sams speach at the end

undomiel
oh and I like whenever Galadriel has a speech, like in the beginning of FOTR she is such a cool character

robincooper
the battle at the end was the best...

enyafreak
my favoruite part is at the black gate, when porr gollum looks terrified. thats the only part in the film when mordor really does scare me. also i love the explosion at helms deep, i do not like any of the ent stuff.i also love the bit when the camera zooms into the palantir and shows barad dur. then its flies over the fortress and seems to take a lifetime to reach the top. jaw dropping.

CaptainTrips
the worg riders battle was kick @$$

muse5
At the end of Helms Deep when Gandalf and Eomer come back then charge down the hill is DEFINETLY the coolest part, and my favorite, in the entire movie, it gives me goosebumps eek!

turin
well three parts stand out to me, the battle with the balrog, the battle at the deepening wall, and the thrashing of isengard. AWESOME!!!!

chica16
the last 45 minutes basically for me was amazing, i almost peed my pants!!!! lol j/k

undomiel
lol laughing out loud

tealemon
that part with aragorn entering theoden's chamber through the big heavy doors, did that part happen in the novel??

just wondering

borgasm???
actually, aragorn doesn't even have a fake death in the novel, but he does walk through many heavy doors.

Gangalf's charging at the end is the best part, not so much for the content, but it would bring any movie buff to tears (perfect music, camera angles (swooping's cool), lighting, slowmotion, etc.)

Dexx
When old aragorn's lying dead on that gravestone, with minas tirith on the background, in elrond's vision. I liked that best.

CaptainHaldir
The best part for me was the scene when Rohan says they have no allies and the elven archers come to their aid..... the music is soooo cool!!! Then when their all in the rain and aragorn is barking out commands to draw their arrows and begin firing..... OMG i still get chills when i watch that on my DVD.....

chica16
did u get your ttt dvd off ebay?

Orli'sElf7
I was J/w what everyone's favorite scene out of tha 2 movies there is...from either TTT, FotR (or RotK if its out where you are living *jealous jealoussad* ...i dont know if RotK is out in england yet but if it is, please cover it up so people dont see the spoilercool ... i kno im like about to explode waiting for RotK...Happy Dance embarrasment

Does anyone know when the extended RotK comes out anyway? I know the TTT extended version comes out Nov 11 in the US big grin big grin

must_kill_Santa
oh i like any with Legolas in and no ROTK aint out here yet it comes out 17 December

Orli'sElf7
bummer....im like couting down the days... wacko

must_kill_Santa
me 2

nemo
the battle at helm's deep, one of the best war scene i've seen.
can't wait to see the war at minas tirith.

Orli'sElf7
the pellenor fields (sp? smile )battle? yea thats suposedly going to be VERY awsome!!! yes yes ...i hope PJ actually puts in Aragorn's Dunedain friends (the other westernesse rangers)) from the north!! that would be awsome...wonder what they'd look like confused...hopefully as cute as aragorn love!!

Orli'sElf7
apparently they're mad cute!!! hahaha ...ps-does ne1 know when the RotK EXTENDED version is coming out? im biting mai nails off already for the extended TTT (US-nov 11)

must_kill_Santa
dont know sorry but ill die if there as cute as Orlando

Orli'sElf7
I felt like we were jipped out in the 1st movie...if any of yall have read the books..there was supposedly an Elf named Glorfindel who was supposed to be MADDDDD cute...cuter than legolas *gasp!!*

XxtinuvielxX
yeah, iwanted to see Glorfindel in the first movie also. anyway all scenes with my husband, legolas are the best, especially when he is surfing on the shield...ahhh the visual picture is in my head...tee hee love

yerssot
that scene appears to be loved the most ...

Orli'sElf7
lol is that a problem?? lol thats a hot scene man!! but that battle was sad...HALDIR *tear*

chica16
helms deep for sure is my fave

Orli'sElf7
lol i cannot wait for the 3rd movie!! its supposed to b better than "both the 1st and 2nd combined" according to elijah

yerssot
apperently dwarfs breath louder then orcs wink

Orli'sElf7
lol!!!! that was very random laughing out loud

b-ball_chick
ya double lol. ya but i loved da part frdo was near da dragon thing n was about 2 give da ring n da part legolas was usin da shield like a sk8board!lol

billyboyd4ever
hmmmm.... i cant choose my favorite, but im really looking forward to the scene where merry + pippin grow from drinking the entish drink.... love

Orli'sElf7
hahaha i thought it was only billy who drank it?

b-ball_chick
ya lol ya hahaha

undomiel
I like the scenes with Arwen and Aragorn together
they are so sweet!

El Toro De Brah
man i remeber watching FOTR in the cinemas for the 1st time, i swear i didnt breathe for the opening scene.
That was the benchmark for the quality battle scenes. Man that was da single best moment for me as in watching a movie at da cinemas...spine-tingling stuff.

now i know that TTT n ROTK have (most probly) the better in battle scenes..but i think that was expected after the opening scence of FOTR.

Hypernova
Helms Deep!!!

b-ball_chick
ya! uve gota say its all gud *great wild smile*but da battle was sad, even wen da elf guy died, in da cinema i waz like noooooooooooooo, noooo *cry cry* n every one was llike shhhhhhhh!lol.*cry*

babsbabet
Favourite scene for now is when Pippin first sees Treebeard! hehe, that's so cute!! And I can't wait to see when Pippin and Merry drink from the ent drinks. I saw some of that on the TTT dvd I was totally flipping I watched it 20 times or something smile:P

Orli'sElf7
i kno that pic u have in ur siggy is sooooooo sad!!! i cant wait for the 3rd one...and the extended TTT...hahah they get taller big grinbig grin

b-ball_chick
ya i noe lol...cant wait...whu can??

ItsAllMerryToMe
all i no is that merry and pippen both drink the ent wash...and they both become the tallest hobbits ever..."your taller"(merry)..."ive always been taller than you"(pippin)..."you did something"(merry)...tehehe...i love all scenes merry and pippin are in...and no i dont no when the extended dvd of ROTK is coming out...but i heard that PJ is gunna put out the extended FOTR and TTT in theaters like 2 weeks before ROTK comes out...but also the battle scenes in ROTK are suppose to be like 10x more than Helms Deep...so yall who liked Helms Deep..get readysmile...hehe...well any questions bout the movie comin out...i got answers...just send me a Private message...hehe

billyboyd4ever
no, they both drink it....read the books

VenomVA
I don't have 1 fav scene I have a few...

1. Helms Deep
2. Ents fight Back
3. Opening with Gandalf and Balrog
4. When they are chasing the Orc's and Leggy says "They run as if the very wips of their masters are behind them" Love that scene...The Music makes it REAL good.

johnnys#1 fan
I like the helms deep battle when gandalf comes with all the rohirrm sorry I can't speel but anyways thats my favourite and in the first one (FOTR) when they are in moria and when Arwen is on the house with frodo and te nazgul is chasing her that was an awsome scene too!!!

nemo
r they going to drink it in the movie?
they r already in isengard, and if i remember correctly they r going to stay there until aragorn and gang come for them. or do they go back into the forest? huh

shadow link
my fav scenes is in the first one from when the hobbits meet up in the feild to when they get to the prancing pony

my fav scene is the very first one in the first movie-u all know which one im talking about, that has the best fx
and i think the only way u could have seen rotk is if u had a pirate copy coz it aint out in no cinemas anywhere in the world

babsbabet
No, it is in the extended version of TTT. If you have the TTT dvd you can watch it on the dvd with extra features. It's really cool.

Nivvy
I Absolutely Love any Scenes with the Nazgul !!
Besides that, I like when

~ Pippin comes face to face with Treebeard
~ When Gandalf returns and says something along the lines of " And at the turn of the Tide, I have come back to you.... "

b-ball_chick
lol...i luved da battle even tho it was sad! *tears*. i also liked helms deep u now wat I LUVED EVERYTHIN!

CandyKoRn
I think the scenes with Golem on his own.. showing his schitzophrenic(sp?) tendencies were very good..

Golem was done very well..

b-ball_chick
ya! but i cant still decide i just lurv all da scenes *ponderin haRD!*

Arwenishott
my favorite scene is when haldir leads the elfs into the deep. for some reason i just love that scene or any other scene with elves for that matter

CandyKoRn
Haldir looked hott in TTT ... sadly, he perished... ah well.. plenty more elves to watch in RoTK, ey?

and Legolas *drools*

username39120jo
i loved the ents marching to isengard... it gives me chills evertime i watch it, its so magical.. blink

Orli'sElf7
it is cool!! haha i love it when merry and pippen throw rocks laughing out loud yes

CandyKoRn
The ents at isengard was so cool.. My fav part of the book (TTT)

Orli'sElf7
lol yea it was pretty cool...the special effects were pretty damn good

CandyKoRn
I was like "YEA!!! go ents!!" and everytime they squished an orc...

ahh... it felt good to watch..

Orli'sElf7
haha....the one with its head on fire laughing out loud

CandyKoRn
and the release of the dam(sp?)

the way the water put out all the fires etc...

also, Treebeard was done very well.. with "hasty" and "broomm"

hehe... sounded good

billyboyd4ever
yea...oooo i also loved loved loved sam's speech @ the end of ttt, its wa ssooo motivating + stuff... *see undomiel's sig*

CandyKoRn
yea... It was sad... sad story..

billyboyd4ever
not really...its all ends pretty happy...unless you root for the bad guys :P

Orli'sElf7
lo hahaha and yes candyKoRn its dam lolz...it was sad but its all good in the end yes

CandyKoRn
It's not a happy ending at all... have you actually read the books?

CandyKoRn
Grey havens? How old are you guys, btw?

You obviously got the wrong jist..

Pippin Took
i've read ttt just once. i'm a little confused about the merry and pippin escape. what i remember is that they escaped and spent a few days along the shore... and drank the ent wash there and met treebeard. i'm really confused. did i read it wrong?

CandyKoRn
they stayed with the Ents, Treebeard to be specific.

They drank from the Entwash, they get "bigger" from it..

I'm gonna stay quiet. Spoilers.

Pippin Took
well, yea i know that. but what i'm asking is did they really get chased from that orc? what i remember is they snuck away during the battle, and then peacfully walked along the shores, then fell upon meeting treebeard. did i read incorrectly?

CandyKoRn
No, That was added into it..

Though I don't remember if it was totally peaceful.

billyboyd4ever
yes, ive read the books 2 times, plus the silmarillion so do nt sya i dotn kno what im tlaking about.... + i DO think the ending is ok...im frodo has to do it anyways

lotrlover7000
I like Sean Astins Speaches

b-ball_chick
but how can y'all say o decide a fav part??/its sooo hard! *ponderin*

muse5
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! the extended editions of fotr and ttt are being released into theaters in the united states before rotk comes out!! can't wait can't wait can't wait

muse5
mmm, favorite part in ttt is when gandalf and eomer come with the rohirrim and they ride down that huge hill at helms deep, that's the coolest part, and the ents destroying isengard is pretty reakin' cool too

b-ball_chick
o ok...dat waz coool

Aragorn#1
I liked (in fotr) when the fellowship set out and you see all of them come between those rocks. And ttt when they go to edoras and as Aragorn is riding in and the flag rips n flays past him n he looks up... HOT DAMN sorry went a little over board angel love Happy Dance

Danielle1983
Helms deep was incredible, and any part with Orlando is good love
My other favorite part is right before Feramir captures Smeagol and he is sitting on that rock singing about fish. laughing out loud I don't know why but that just cracks me up.

billyboyd4ever
i kno...i dont really have a favorite, just say the parts you really enjoyed

muse5
'the rock and pool is nice and cool...' i love that part...it makes me laugh

billyboyd4ever
o yea....hahah i liked that par tin the book too...i had that song memorized a little while ago...

Exa
I love the Nazgul scenes (fe in FoTR when they are riding out of these gates...) and the elves arriving at the Hornburg... and Galadriel speaking

b-ball_chick
i loved doz 2, i like totaly loved da part legolas was like skateoardin on da shield! on second thuts whu doznt *dreamy look*

Exa

b-ball_chick
ya lol. i mean all da skatein thingie waz cool n all but dats just sooo modern-dont u think?but itssssssssssss so cool it rockzzzzzzzzz

Orli'sElf7
yea i love it when gollum sings to himself in the forbidden pool...also back in the shire when merry and pippen are singing ("better than rain or rippling brook "is a mug of beer inside this took!!"wink and when gollum fights with himself laughing out loud what the hell i love them all!!!

b-ball_chick
i noe lol! xactly i just luv 'em all, n wen gollum sings himself i waz like *pure guy shiff sniff* n alll ma fwendz were like *uhh wtf?* lol

Exa
lol I loved Gollum... he's phantastic...

b-ball_chick
ya...wen he makes u laugh lol

ilvorlandobloom
i love the part when Gollum is arguing w/ himself... "but master's our friend... you havent got any friends, no one likes you..." lol laughing out loud

CandyKoRn
lol...
yea.. it's my fav too

Dark_Queen
Helm's Deep,with the evles arriving to help outsmile

b-ball_chick
ya lol wen gollum waz arguin w/ his oda self lol...but ipity him

Exa
Not listening... not listening...

b-ball_chick
...er y??????

Exa
*quote* wink
kleine verwechslung *gg*

muse5
me too...hehehe

billyboyd4ever
it see slike we like some of the same things....

b-ball_chick
ya xactly...cuz we gt taste...lol jk!

muse5
lotr fans are the best... we all rock steady!!!

billyboyd4ever
hhaah o yea

b-ball_chick
ummmmmmmmm we rock! ok enuf of dat i luv all da scenes but i cried in da movie (LOL IN DA CENEMALOL) da movie's got power luv it!

billyboyd4ever
i kno i teared up when sam made his speech...awww so prfound....i was alos really sad when boromir/haldir died

BOPRecruit 16
http://www.theargonath.cc/videos/animations/tttt/tttt18.gif

Obsession
I like Amon Hen and The battle at Helm's Deep. But, Anything with Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) is a good scene...lol

billyboyd4ever
ahahha yes, tho i prefer merry/pip scenes... love

enya
hi be warned if you havent seen the movie and if you dont want to know what happens dont read this

ON THE OTHER HAND if you have seen the film wot did you reckon was the best part

i know there are soo many and the movie kicked ass and i am soooo gutted its over but try to pick a few out

manny321
I think the battle of plennor fiels will give it best picture then and there right now, or i going to kick the oscars guy's ass off.

enya
yeah, the special effects were amazin and the emotional story with the death of theodren added to it

i like eowyn alot more now because in TTT all she did was dribble over aragorn and she even fight but in this one she thought and she helped merry fight too.

pipins song made me cry it was so sad,

enya
sam was soooo cute

i cried sooo much when frodo sent him away he was cryin i was cryin my friend was cryin every1 was cryin

when he thought he was going to die and he was talkin about how he wanted to marry rosie then he married rosie omg im goin to cry again

lkotbr33
well half the ppl in the theater i was in clapped at nothing and were being asses and kind of ruined some parts but i did like the siege of gondor and the battle it was so much better then helms deep even though it was shorter

enya
i hate it when the audience ruin, orginally i was sittin at the front and these really annoying kids were kickin my chair so moved to the back and im happy to say i had no idiots sittin next to me behind me or in front of me.

i think the fight was better because more was at stake and how cool was legolas on that elephant, so cool

enya
i didnt fink anything could beat the surfin down the stairs but it did

shadowy_blue
Legolas single-handedly killing the Mumakil and his expression afterwards. He was so cute and proud. Love it!! big grin

Eowyn decapitating the fell beast..all the ladies in the theatre really cheered for her..LOL..big grin

The charge of the Rohirrim

When Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli arrived in Minas Tirith with the army of the dead. Awesome stuff!!! big grin

Almost every scene are memorable..I really cried at the end.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>