Any Flaws?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Just wondering if any of you guys think there were anything wrong or anything weird about the ROTK,

I would say that Faramirs father was a bit off the rocker (nuts) and took his insane abilities too far,

BingaBonga
Yeah, but John Noble did a very good job. I thought Aragorn was a bit of an a** when he told Eowyn to pretty much go away. I was worried that Theoden was going to be such an a** again in this movie, but he really turned around. I was so happy about that. That made his death sadder, or it least to me.

Discos
also the fact that Gandalf says "Frodo has passed onto a place which my eye cannot see"

but when Aragon & Gandalf were discussing if Frodo was even alive...tsk tsk

BingaBonga
Well, I mean, since they couldn't see him anymore, they had to follow their hearts... Did you know that particular scene was filmed like 30 times to get it exactly right?

Discos
yes but my point being how did Gandalf say he could see Frodos movements if he didnt know he was physcially alive? I know Faramir said he saw 2 hobits no more than 2 days ago but still Gandalf should have known that if he was alive if he could see him...

Aurora
They definatly needed more Merry!!!! But luckily there is more of him in the EE, like when he gives his allegience to Rohan. I can't wait.

Denethor was a little nutty, but it just made it better when Gandalf knocked the **** out of him.

Discos
yep, he sure did, I also didn't like the fact that Faramir and faramir alone returned home on his stead horse from the supposed "attack" ont he orcs who over run the city...

BingaBonga
Yeah really, thanks to the father that told him that he'd rather him die than Boromir. Denethor is such a jerk. The whole audience applauded when Gandalf wacked Denethor to knock him off since he was giving orders for the city to pull back.

Clockwork
he was giving orders for the city to pull back

because he thought they were doomed anyway (but the general public will have to wait for EE to see/understand that)

Discos
ah yes I know, he also has a somewhat "seeing eye"

anyhows we got an applause in our cinema due to that the projector was producing the images upside down!! but when it turned to normal we all cheered.

Linkalicious
When Aragon goes into that cave to get the help of those ghost dudes...he leaves the re-forged with his horse (it was tied to the saddle) and then the horse runs off because it's spooked. He carries his original sword into the dark opening, because you can see the difference in handles. Then when he confronts the ghost...he's got the Anduril sword in his hand.

DARKVIRUS
Yeah I think john noble did a great job also.

Im actually debating with my friends about one flaw....I have seen the movie four times and....is it just me or when the camera is panning over edoras and comes to eowyn...is the whole scene going backwards?!.

I mean I saw it the first time and said "nah, it must just be me" but i saw it again and again and it's becoming more clear that it might be going backwards.

I mean if you take a look at it you can almost see the smoke going back into the houses and eowyn's hair and dress flowing as if the scene were going backwards.

I dunno maybe it is just me...hehehe.

Discos
ah good point about the sword and the horse, I never really noticed that and also never paid much attention to the handle or where the actual sword was etc...

DARKVIRUS
Has anyone seen it again and checked out what I stated before?.
I saw it again last night...and im telling ya everything is going backwards...hehehe.

*smokes old toby*

Exa
Hey Darkvirus I also always think its going backwards when I see it... but I was sure that was just me

DARKVIRUS
Phew *wipes head*

Thank god im not the only one. I was talking to my friend's about it and all they kept saying was "you smoke to much"..hehehe.

Im glad someone else out there thought that scene was going backwards.

turin
be careful people. i read a thing about the flaws of two towers and now everytime i watch it i pay special attention to the error, lol. for instance, when frodo and sam are sitting on the floor in the cave with faramir theres some barrels in the background, then faramir walks in and there gone. it drives me crazy every time i see it!

sauron
denethor is supposed to be a little crazy, its what happens when you look into your palantir and try and mind wrestle sauron, he told him things about what would happen, and denethor believed him and declined to madness

The Unknown
This isn't really a flaw, but it just looked weird when they'd have children/midgets standing in for the hobbits when they're next to normal people.

DARKVIRUS
Yeah i feel the same way turin after I know about it, it drives me crazy. In this case however I was in the theatre stunned by how long the scene was. I mean in your example it's just a quick glance and if you are quick enough to catch it or if someone points it out you will notice. the scence over edoras is quite long to have such a big mistake...then again I could be wrong but, I swear it looks like it's going backwards.

Movie still rocks!
5 times and counting.... Happy Dance

Exa

sauron
lol, i was kind of disapointed at the VERY end where the kid stood in for bilbo, i mean come on he was wlking purposely trying to keep his face off the camera view, next time you watch check it out, the camera moves so he moves his head further round

Exa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.