City of Angels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
I really enjoy watching City of Angels because it has a great story line and a great cast.
It's a really sweet film.

yerssot
shoot! I knew I forgot something!

Ushgarak
I hate to sound obvious, but I preferred the originals.

Lara
I thought it was an original?

finti
who, what where?

Texas
I hate romanctic movies, there soooo typical!!!
Two people fall in love, then one of them dies roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
No, Lara. NOT an original, not by a long shot!

Go check out the originals, Wings of Desire and Faraway, So Close (source of a U2 song, of course).

ToMacco
I love the Goo Goo Dolls song "Iris" that came out with City of Angels.

Texas
What's with the Goo Goo Dolls? They are such a good band!!!
It's like they disappeared!!!!!!!! sad

ToMacco
They were like a rock band, but their only good songs were the slower ones.

Texas
I disagree, I love each and every one of their songs.
I have 'A Boy named Goo' and 'Dizzy up the girl', each song on those albums kicks ass!!!! smokin'

ToMacco
Don't get me wrong, I think they are good.

Some bands just seem to go away for a while, it seems. sad

Texas
Bob Dylan should go away and stay away evil face

ToMacco
What if Dylan and Bjork had a child? That would be one ugly mother f***er! sad sad

Texas
It would be, Tomaccoish stick out tongue

I'm sooo sorrryyyy, I haven't complimented your smashing sponge bob square pants avatar!!! I love that show, he's sooo funny!!! big grin

ToMacco
Isn't that a great show? My mom showed me a few episodes, and I laughed harder than I had in a long time!

Texas
Yes, even though it's a children show, there is a serious message about society in almose every show! It's really great, I like his friend Patrick, and his Squirrel friend Sandy, from Texas, and his best friend Patrick rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
You mentioned Patrick twice, dumbass! wink

I love Patricks laugh. laughing out loud

Texas
Well, excuse me Mr. Perfect poster roll eyes (sarcastic)
sad sad sad sad sad

ToMacco
asdf oqwreif oi noqwie nrpoi nq qw oieuro mmnqxm lkjqsd ;lknvc lnnc;lvkj npoqiwrhv;lnc lksnd oqwif n sd

Nobody's perfect!

finti
ok you two morons, what about city of angels is this the Nicholas Cage and mmmmmmmmm Meg Ryan confused

Machine
i thought it was a bad enough movie but now its a sitcom . oh my .

Texas
Is that that doctor show? That was cancelled like 2 years ago, right?

Lara
yeh its the Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan flick.

Oiram62205
Clover,

The other day we had a discussion about movie I love called City of Angels. I watched said movie last night. I thought I'd share with you and everyone else why I adore this movie so. First let's talk about Seth.
Here is a guy curious about a lot of things. One day this girl sees him. Really sees him, ya know? It's like for the first time he matters. Instead of trying to figure out why she say him, he just trusts that it happened for a reason. He doesn't pursue anything past a friendship at first because he doesn't want to hurt her. I believe he isn't sure of what it means to be in love and is afraid to act on something he doesn't understand. Maggie on the other hand is sure of everything or at least on the surface she comes off that way. It isn't until Seth becomes more significant in her life that she questions things and in the process becomes more open. It's like for the first time she is willing to listen to her heart and trust what she feels.
When Seth "falls" for Maggie it's because he truly loves her.He gave up eternity for her. Being with her, in his eyes, was Heaven. What I gather most people see is that Seth was the one to start living. What I think most people miss is the fact that Maggie also starts living in the proverbial sense. She starts to appreciate all the beauty in her surroundings and the things we take for granted on a daily basis.
What I love the most about this movie is that it s does a pretty damn good job of conveying what true love is, what it makes you do and how important it is. I was in love once and I swear that, "I would rather have one breath of her hair, one touch of her hand, one kiss of her lips than an eternity without it. One."
This world may be full of things that are meant to be broken, but if you get the chance to love and be loved by the person of your dreams by all means do whatever it takes and go for it. I cant promise that it'll last forever, but I know you won't regret it. How do I know? 'I feel it.'

"Some things are true whether you believe them or not."

Lara
wow you must have done some major digging to have found this thread I thought it was dead ages ago! and actually you have just reminded me that i havent watched CoA for a while now too long better go rent it from the vid store! ty.

Oiram62205
I have owned CoA 4 times.

1. my first copy I let a friend borrow it and she gave it to one of her friends.

2. second copy I gave away to my gf

3. third copy (DVD) got stolen from my apt.

4. my ex bought it for me last Xmas on DVD

Clovie
Originally posted by Oiram62205
Clover,

The other day we had a discussion about movie I love called City of Angels. I watched said movie last night. I thought I'd share with you and everyone else why I adore this movie so. First let's talk about Seth.
Here is a guy curious about a lot of things. One day this girl sees him. Really sees him, ya know? It's like for the first time he matters. Instead of trying to figure out why she say him, he just trusts that it happened for a reason. He doesn't pursue anything past a friendship at first because he doesn't want to hurt her. I believe he isn't sure of what it means to be in love and is afraid to act on something he doesn't understand. Maggie on the other hand is sure of everything or at least on the surface she comes off that way. It isn't until Seth becomes more significant in her life that she questions things and in the process becomes more open. It's like for the first time she is willing to listen to her heart and trust what she feels.
When Seth "falls" for Maggie it's because he truly loves her.He gave up eternity for her. Being with her, in his eyes, was Heaven. What I gather most people see is that Seth was the one to start living. What I think most people miss is the fact that Maggie also starts living in the proverbial sense. She starts to appreciate all the beauty in her surroundings and the things we take for granted on a daily basis.
What I love the most about this movie is that it s does a pretty damn good job of conveying what true love is, what it makes you do and how important it is. I was in love once and I swear that, "I would rather have one breath of her hair, one touch of her hand, one kiss of her lips than an eternity without it. One."
This world may be full of things that are meant to be broken, but if you get the chance to love and be loved by the person of your dreams by all means do whatever it takes and go for it. I cant promise that it'll last forever, but I know you won't regret it. How do I know? 'I feel it.'

"Some things are true whether you believe them or not." i didn't say that it wasn't about true love.
all i said is that she shouldn't have died.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
i didn't say that it wasn't about true love.
all i said is that she shouldn't have died.

soo true....he should have died...cause he's nicholas cage no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.