Must Haves....(on the Extended DVD)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
What are some of the scenes or extras that NEED to be on the dvd in order to help clarify some parts of the movie or to make it better.

Linkalicious
I've got 4 things:

- A scene to clarify what happens to Sauruman. Just something more than Gandalf saying "he's powerless"

- Please show some closure on Wormtongue. Kill him for God's sake!

- Show how Aragon, Gimli, Legolas and the ghosts took over the ships (just for more scenes with the "big 3" fighting.)

- (Not sure if this is from the book or not) Show Sam taking the ring from Frodo's paralyzed body and show him using it in order to get to the top of the tower. That way it explains him not wanting to give it up more easily. Even though they made it apparent that he wanted to share the burden cause Frodo looked like a wreck.

These are just my thoughts...feel free to share your own or share any reasons why you might not agree.

Discos
Also the part of how Denother goes insane and all, the part of the "seeing eye"

Cowboyography
HOUSES OF HEALING!!!!!!!!

Cowboyography
AND MOUTH OS SAURON!!!

Aurora
Houses of Healing!!!!!!
Merry giving his service to Rohan.
More in with Grima (he is a fantastic character)
More with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli in Paths of Dead and withthe Army of the Dead.

Linkalicious
- explain Faramir and Eoweyn because you don't reallyunderstand why they look so happy standing next to each other because they neglect to inform the audience that there's love a brewing.

Exa

Linkalicious
oh yeah...how about an actual scene or clip of someone killing that pink dude that looks like a goonie? he got all this hype and he moved outta the way of that huge rock...then loogied on it, so how's he die?!

Aurora
I want more of the Witch King. He was awsome!!!

Linkalicious
And sorry to all of you feminists out there, but no way could that chick take out the Witch King. That guys role should have been more gound fighting with that wicked ass mace. And i think Aragon should have fought like 1 baddie that was a leader type. (like the urukai who shot bourimir) IMO, Aragon shoulda fought the Witch King instead of Eowyn.

Exa
No he shouldnt
That was absolutely Eowyns scene

PS its "Aragorn", "Boromir", "Uruk-hai"

Linkalicious
Eowyn's scene should be he back in the kitchen trying to make up for that crappy stew she servered Aragon in the 1st place.

And PS: did you know who i was talking about (yes)...then who cares?!

Exa
mad mad This is Arwens role not Eowyns!!!!!!!!

Exa
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16689

Cowboyography
anyone who thinks Eowyns shouldnt have struck down the Witch King has obviously never had the thrill of reading that part of the book (probably my fave part of the trilogy in the books!!) and it really wasnt her that killed the Witch King, it was really Merry and his enchanted Sword!!!

Kitoky
Yeah man, what Cowboyography said! Merry and Eowyn struck down the Witch King together!!!!! TOGETHER not Eowyn alone!!!

Ariadne
I agree with Exa and Cowboy. That's Eowyn's moment of glory and she deserves it, and Merry too. Besides, if it was Aragorn or someone then it would just be another moment for the heroes but that's the only one that Eowyn and Merry really get. And it's one of the things that if it had been changed there would be a whole lot of really mad people to deal with.

Clockwork
Linkalicious Eowyn's scene should be he back in the kitchen trying to make up for that crappy stew she servered Aragon in the 1st place.

And PS: did you know who i was talking about (yes)...then who cares?!

Like Cowboyography said, go read the book, it's really good and totally awsome. And what if I say Linkalazious, would you like that? If you write it correct it's better, don't be upset if Exa corrected you, just to point that out, nothing more ...

Linkalicious
I have read the books and Eowyn just doesn't "light my fire" enough for me to want to give her a good role. I guess i'm just venting because Aragon and company didn't get enough screen time with all of the different stories going on. And if it's between spelling Uruk-kai like that and urukai like that...i'll take the ladder so i don't have to reach for that darn hyphen key.

Clockwork

Morgoths_Wrath
I wanted to see Gandalf and Pippin's confrontation with the Witch King at Minas Tirith. I wanted to see that ever since i saw the clip on the trailer, but then it was never in the movie!

Linkalicious
i didn't like how Gandalf was talking about the Witch King to Pippin because it made it seem like Gandalf was going to battle it out with him. Especially when the Witch King said "i'll break him." I guess that would be my reason for being mad that a chick could take him out

Camellia
1.) Saruman
2.) Houses of Healing
3.) I would have liked to see more of the tower of Cirith Ungol
4.) Faramir and Eowyn

Corlindel
The most important missing scene is:

A football game Mordor v Gondor with Gollum as referee.

stick out tongue

Lord_Andres
more battle scence!!! and more of Minas Tirith, I think I read on a page someware that in the book, when Pipin and Gandalf arrive in Minas Tirith and Pippin plage his leagens to Denethor, a guard comes and shows pippin where he shall stay, and tells him to go and see his son or something like that, also in the book, didint men from all corners of Gondor come to Minas Tirith a few days before the battle?

Lord_Andres
just read the first chapter, and I think that they should have some scenes with Beregond, Pippin abd Bergil, what do u think?

ilvorlandobloom
yeah! where was Beregond and Bergil? i liked them in the book.

i cant wait for the houses of healing and when Eowyn meets Faramir and Faramir instantly falls in love w/ her but it takes her a little while to realize she doesnt love Aragorn, but that she loves Faramir and they kiss. its so romantic! ah. i love it.

ATM4eternity
I was thinkin, maybe that was Beregond in the movie, the one who says "this is the war lord denethor has seen" sometihng liek that, but anyways, i was always noticing everywhere, so in my mind i just kinda assumed he was Beregond. Yeah, id liek the see the bubbly faced orc die.

shadowy_blue
I want to see Prince Imrahil, darn.

And Eomer bawling, I think that's because of King Theoden's death.

"We will see the Shire again." Dang, I was crying when I saw that scene in the trailer and was a little disappointed that it wasn't in the theatrical release.

"You take away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore." Same reason as above

Eowyn and Faramir romance. They are my favorite couple in LOTR

More Legolas and Gimli

More battle.

big grin

kalantiaw
they should put that scene from the mtv movie awards i think, when gollum accepted the award for best cg character then he starts cussing everybody the f*ck out... hilarious laughing out loud ...

i think every fan wants to see what happens to saruman... and aragorn, gimli and legolas taking over the ships... and an up close and personal look of the dead army kicking serious a$$...

Member.
Yes.

Elfstone
the part where Merry Stabbed The Witch King, should be longer, it was just short and emotionless, but in the book it was breath taking

lkotbr33
i agree

Member.
merry did burn his hand and screamed and all that.

Clockwork
But it looked like Eowyn killed him, while in the book you clearly understand it's because of the special sword of Merry, the Witch King died. (But then again, the part of how he got that special sword is left out in FotR)

muse5
come to one of my school's football games to get a similar effect, lol

-houses of healing/faramir and eowyn
-saruman
-a proper wedding for aragorn and arwen (was that even a wedding)
i may not like arwen that much, but after all of this time, they need a freaking wedding!!
-theoden's funeral

a funny thing, i'm in an ongoing argument with one of the guys at my work about who REALLy destroys the nazgul, he said that merry did it all and the movie was a complete change, i told him it was accurate and eowyn and merry did it TOGETHER, any comments?

muse5
that's on the ee of ttt, i found it yesterday, omg it so freaking hilarious, they censored it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.