8 out of 9 isnt bad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
The Fellowship had nine members, only one died throughout the course of the War of The Ring. Now I have read the books, and I loved the flicks, but I feel one or mabey two more of the fellowship should have fallen. Just My opinion, but it would have added some real drama (think how you felt when Borimir fell!!) and also even more purpose to defeating the enemy.

Exa
Correct
LEGOLAS SHOULD HAVE DIED!

And Aragorn, too - THAT would be dramatic big grin

Linkalicious
I agree...and yes i've read the books, but just for dramatics maybe they shoulda killed a hobit or Gandalf. Who likes wizards n midgets anyways?

Cowboyography
I would have liked to have seen Legolas or Gimly fall, imagine how sad the Viewers/readers would have been, and then everyonew would have been that much more fired up to see sauron fall!!!!!

Exa
Right
But Gandalf actually died wink wink
One of the Hobs wouldvebeen nice.

Cowboyography
when i was reading the book I really thought that Frodo was dead after the Shelob Sting!!! The way they described him and then "The Choices of Samwise" I was truly convinced that Frodo was dead. You never really get that fealing in the movie. Also they played Gandalfs "Death" great exept they showed him in TTT preview so that really spoiled that surprise!!

Ariadne
I was glad none of the hobbits died, but I wouldn't have minded it Legolas bit the dust. It would have been so much fun to watch all the fangirls cry.

kalantiaw
i thought for sure aragorn was gonna die... but he IS the king i guess, so that's the reason they kept him alive... i thought he already died in TTT when he fell from the cliff... but i owuldn't mind if gimli or one hobbit died... especially frodo or sam...

nephalim27
Pippin should have died after doing something extremely heroic.

feanorlp
I feel the same way. big grin

Ushgarak
It is certainly true that not enough good guys go down- the bad guys are made to look ridiculously rubbish.

fini
down with legolas !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol he didn't really contribute much to the story anyway, i wouldn't have missed him

hmmmmm when i first read the book i was hoping that sam wouldn't die

and aragorn does die anyway....well much later on

Cowboyography
I would have loved to have seen someone have there way with Eowyn too!!! that chick is to HOT!!!!!!!!!!1

sauron
lol i would love it if p.j changed it to make legolas die

*legolas then continues to kill the oliphaunt and slides down its trunk, he stands still and stares at gimli, just then a stray arrow pierces his neck and he is picked up by a winged steed and dropped from the air, then when it looks like he has a small chance of surivival a troll steps on him*

sauron
well they all die eventually, except legolas and the people who went to valinor, well gandalf did die i suppose, but olorin didnt

Gotwa
Legolas should've died, and so should have Aragorn.. right at the end .. some guy who was working for sauron.. right when Aragorn is crowned.. SDIGUSBDG stabs him in the heart... stick out tongue

lkotbr33
oh well cant change the past

Sifer
Riiight, if PJ had killed off another char from the Fellowship, then everyone here would be plotting the assassination of him.

ElvenQueen
You guys are weird!

How can you want more too die. Im already crying my eyes out from boromir and theoden.

Besides... Frodo and Gandalf go to the grey Havens...so they die in a way too...

You guys arent Tolkien and Tolkien knows better than you.

Ushgarak
Pfft, like Tolkien was infallible, even he admitted great liabilities with his work.

I am sorry but I do think the high survival rate of the main characters was a liability in the story.

Corlindel
Yeap. If Legolas have died, It would be dramatic for some members here big grin stick out tongue

It would be funny an alternative story with Sauron victory and the genocide of elven, dwarf, ent, hobbit races.

I would love to see a movie with Galadriel falling to the temptation of the ring becoming a Powerful Dark Elven Queen..It would be fabulous smile

stick out tongue

Corlindel
..Bad feelings huh stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.