Favorite LOTR character? and why? [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CowgirlSmiles
What was your favorite character from the LOTR movie and why? rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
me! lol

hmmm ... well, that Elf ... Legolas was it?

don't know why, I think he's cool

CowgirlSmiles
Yeah Legolas is my fav too. My friends all seem to think elves are scary but I think they're cool! smile

yerssot
if they are immortal, how come there population has decreased?

(and why is he so cool? I don't know!)

CowgirlSmiles
They are immortal ONLY if they are not killed in battle or get bored with their life and decide to die. So I guess either we've got a lot of bored elves or they aren't too good at fighting lol.

I think it's the way they move that makes 'em look so cool. I dunno... it's like they're more holy or superior or something and they don't SAY it but they LOOK it. I don't know. They just ARE i guess.

yerssot
You're right! Legolas looked indeed like a holy being...
perhaps it's their ears... (although his skin color was pretty white)

CowgirlSmiles
I think it might be a mixture of the ears and have you ever noticed that they kind of seem to glow? The bow certainly adds to the appearance. And they always wear like silvery colors. They walk different, too, like lighter.

Ushgarak
Many of the Elves have also 'gone west' effecrively taking them out of the picture.

The Eleven decline is part of why that big battle at the start of the film was known as 'The Last Alliance' between men and elves; it wasn't that they would never work together again, it was that after that there were not enough Elves left for any further co-operation to be truly known as an alliance.

Anyway, my favourite was Boromir. Come Two Towers it will probably be Eomer.

yerssot
hey! I know that name ... elf?

finti
Aragorn cause he is just so cool, very much like me in fact smile big grin

Gandalf
Is this a trick question? wink <refer to username>

mah
so saruman is your favourite? wink

yerssot
Why does everyone love Aragorn?

(btw: wow! you are a mod now mah! congrats!)

mah
thank you
so don't bring topics off-topic okay cool

yerssot
hmmm.... isn't it YOUR task to bring them back ON topic?

mah
Ehem! back on topic!
aragorn is coolest because he is cool,and calm,and brave.

yerssot
LEGOLAS!!!

Machine
STRIDER is the best , he is a kick ass badass!!!!!!!

mah
strider/aragorn; same person, which I guess you know, but just to clear things up for people who don't know.

CowgirlSmiles
Aragorn is cool, but too bad he can't walk on top of snow like LEGOLAS!!! Aragorn's prob my sec fave. I saw that movie AGAIN today and the second time you really notice a lot more than the first time you watch it. Like Legolas' arrows keep changing colors, it's weird.

yerssot
Hmmm... didn't saw that, cool!

And that's why Legolas is cool!

UnknownBountyHunter
If Michael is a Gandalf-worshipper, that makes me Saruman, because I can kick Michael's butt anyday! stick out tongue

Honesty my favorite character(S) are the wizards. Gandalf and Saruman kick butt!

Dim
Yeah...but Gandalf is much cuter...Saruman didn't have neeeearly as much personality

CowgirlSmiles
But Saruman is EVIL!

UnknownBountyHunter
He doesn't need personality he has an awesome beard!!

Dim
Actually my thought when I saw him was that I've never seen such a white person look so black...

UnknownBountyHunter

<tries to find retort> <tries to find retort>

DAMN!

TeCk-IcE
Hmmz, I guess I have to give my answer too.

Well, mine is Aragorn!

Mostly because the beatifull and brilliant acting by Viggo Mortensen.

CowgirlSmiles
Does Orlando Bloom really shoot the bow or is it like a camera trick thing???

Geonosian_guard
LEGOLAS BY FAR... HE'S COOL AND A BADASS smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin'

TeCk-IcE
Everybody loves Legolas!!!!!!! eek!

yerssot
because he is the best!

FireMaster
legolas rulez everyone knows that
the quiet type, but his archer abilities (as for every elf are dazling)
btw
lord elrond (the "boss" of rivendel) is kinda cool too

CowgirlSmiles
Yeah but does legolas REALLY shoot his own bow??? That's what i want to know

Ushgarak
Doubtful.

FireMaster
lol doubt it too

Mujaffa
Frodo is the best!! You know what to do with the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin rolling on floor laughing evil face

Geonosian_guard
HEY GUYS i WONT TO KNOW ONE THING. iVE SEEN TOY PICS OF LOTR TTT AND LEGOLAS IS HOLDING 2 SWORDS!!!!!!!!!DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH THAT?????
THANKS!

TeCk-IcE
Hmmz.....have no idea confused

Thomas H
Legolas is the best. orlando Bloom is a very talented actor!! cant wait to see his preformance in BHD as pfc (private first class) Todd Blackburn, he almost dies in that movie!! After a nasty fall!!

Legolas Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
Arwen the Elf. Cause she's hot!

LadyEowyn
My favorite obviously is Eowyn. If you havent read the book you wont know who she is. But i like her cause she is not a sissy girl who wont go to war cause shes scared. She is extemely brave and she is proof that not all girls like to paint their nails and brush their hair. There are actually people who hate the fact that girls are stereotyped. Eowyn rocks!

mah
Eowyn is indeed a strong and fearsome woman.

and btw welcome to you, myLadysmile

LadyEowyn
Why thank you Mah. So what times are you usually on?

yerssot
judging by the time you posted, I think you won't see him online...

My bet is you life in the US

mah
we're both online now.

LadyEowyn
OMG! i didnt even notice! well we can still strike a convo. if your asleep. just write back when im sleeping. Where r u guys from anyway? ( just outta quiriosity)

mah
I'm from norway, as you can see on my info on the leftsmile
what about you?

LadyEowyn
im from NJ, USA. Where exactly is Norway? i never paid attention in geography class.

mah
well it's in northern europe. no need to go into more details about that, not so interestingsmile

so, I guess you liked LOTR?smile

LadyEowyn
Do i? i love the books and the movies. i read all the books. Any way i have to go. My sister is nagging me. Same time tomorrow?

mah
hopefully, yes.

LadyEowyn
Hey, What happened to "same time tomorrow". Well i think you might be sleeping because its 9:30. But over here its 4:00PM. So, i didnt exactly keep my promise! Well, if you can remember log on at 8:40ish itll be around when i come back home.

mah
say, why haven't you enabled private messages?

mah
stick out tongue it's difficult this, when we're in europe/US

LadyEowyn
Well hello Mah. I thought you werent on.

mah
I'm heresmile just check at the bottom of the page.
btw, I tried to send you a message, but it said you couldn't receive private messages.

LadyEowyn
Well i prefer not to. smile

mah
too bad. then one can only say something to you when you're online sad
gotta go now, anyways. not a very long chat today either.

LadyEowyn
I guess not. Bye. Ill be on tomorrow. OK

Ushgarak
Come Two Towers I am pretty sure my favourite character will be Eomer...

LadyEowyn
i like Eomer too. (not as much as Eowyn though) I guess i like them both- due to family relation

mah
both are brave characters.

LadyEowyn
wow! always perfect timing to be on smile

mah
big grin
btw, have you read silmarillion?

LadyEowyn
Im reading the hobbit now, big mistake because that filled in alot of questions, then i have the sillmarilion on my shelf waiting to be read!

mah
nicesmile a bit heavy, but very interesting.

LadyEowyn
so which of the three books did you like best?

mah
First time out, I enjoyed the third the most. Some times the secondsmile but it's all one big book really, so the whole thing is the best partsmile

LadyEowyn
I liked the second and third best. i agree on the whole big book thing. It pisses me off when people say, "that book had the worst ending" Hello! they just have to imagine that the book hasnt ended yet

mah
true.
I've seen the movie three times, and EVERY SINGLE time, someone burst out in the end: "what the f...!" , or "WHAT?", and then they ask "you must agree that ending was just stupid, eh?"
smile it bugs mesmile

LadyEowyn
The first time me and my brother saw it some kid said, "that was such a stupid ending." My bro. got so mad he yelled, "read a book you moron!" I was busy throwning popcorn at the other people who hated it. I thought peter jackson did a great job making the movie like the book. Though i would have liked to see tom bombadil smile

mah
YES! Tom Bombadil!
Old Ushgarak here thinks the opposite about the merry fellow, but I would love to see him come to life.

LadyEowyn
I think it would have been awesome, but you really cant make a movie 4hrs. long. Did Ushgarak read the books? I think you have more appreciation for T.B. when you have read how amazing he is.

mah
he has read them allright, but think that Tom's a mistake from Tolkiens side. Isn't that what you said, ush?

LadyEowyn
That is messed up. Although he wasnt a main part in the book, he was a classic character. I has a question for you, Mah, well actually two. What does your screen name mean?

mah
that's just one questionsmile

screen name? do you mean mah?

LadyEowyn
my mistake, I had a question for you. dont think im grammatically stupid or anything. Just a typo. But i forgot to write my second question. What language do most people talk in Norway?

LadyEowyn
yeah,What does Mah mean

mah
mah doesn't really mean anything, it's just some letters from my first- and last name.

In Norway we speak Norwegian. almost everyone I beleive.

LadyEowyn
So how do you know english? ( Wouldnt it be better to talk through e-mail instead of adding to this thread and really not talking about the subject?)

mah
we learn english in school from the age of 8.

ok, you can email me.

Ushgarak
Tom Bombadil's inclusion would have been a complete disaster for the film and his removal was a damn smart move. I never said he was an error in the book.

My favourtite book is Two Towers. And no mater which way you put it, the end of Retrun of the King went on too long; it was the main criticism levelled at the trilogy when it first came out.

LadyEowyn
yeah they did stretch the ending but it was still a prime one. And mah, i sent you email. my account is open now if you wanna write back.

LadyEowyn
by prime i mean that tolkien didnt ruin the ending. dont you think if he didnt put all that stuff about the shire that you would have wanted to know what happened to the hobbits?

mah
but the thing about the fight and the occupation of the shire was a bit too much.

LadyEowyn
i do agree on that especially scince i was reading the book for credit in language class. I wanted the book to end so i could get credit sooner. But i didnt want it to end because it was such a good book

Ushgarak
Well, he perfectly well handles issues like 'What happened to the people invovled?' in all his other works. As far as the story itself was concerned, it finished long before ROTK did.

It seems that the whole end plot was tacked on to justify an epilogue; it wasn't worth it as the pilogie itself was unneccessary.

LadyEowyn
i really dont get what you just said. Break that down for me Ushgarak. Im not real quick in the head.

LadyEowyn
well i got to go frome here.

Ushgarak
I'd rather keep this on-topic. When you get back, feel free to open up a new thread to ask me about it.

fangoria17
I say its between the Strider and that elf that looks like link, I forgot his name....but you know I'm talking about. I just the movie today in The new special dvd edition....Has anyone played the game for xbox yet?.....If your into games its sick as hell, especially the graphics...Any check it out if you haven't yet....
laters...

BackFire349
yoda.

J-ROC
Apparently Backfire has some difficulties reading.

Lord of the Rings ****n ruled...the Ring dudes were the best...the hooded dudes who looked like grim reapers. They were bad ass.

BackFire349
yes i have dificulty reading. which raises another question. how am i able to reply to your comment if i couldnt read it in the first place.

J-ROC
Ok buddy...it was a ****n joke...Relax. smokin'

King Jedi
You mean the guys that looked exactly like the headless horseman in Sleep Hollow? Only without the head.

I didn't like any of them. They were all boring and the more I see LOTR the more I don't like it.

LanceWindu
I'm sorry but this thread needs to be in the LOTR forum.

Moving...oops, I mean Ush, Zed can one of you move this?

Dexx
i liked Elrond

Mujaffa
tom bombadil

Fire
elrond

VampirePrincess
Aragorn is my favorite character.

Dexx
expectable smile

Mujaffa
Happy Dance aragorn's cool...

silver
Aragorn is cool but the Nazgul were kickass Happy Dance

finti
Pippin

Dexx
sick

mah
what seems to be the problem?

Dexx
well...let me see.
*turns at page 1*
oh yes!..pippin!

Julie
I think Aragon...but I also like Legolas

Dexx
come to think about it...i think i liked arwen better...yeah...way better

mah
??why??

Dexx
a she elf...what more could i desire?

Ushgarak
A shelf, eh?

Fire
well I dont thinik a female elf would liked to be called a she elf

Dexx
why not...it's kinky toowink..

Mujaffa
you dirty animal you..smile

Dexx
an orc..exactly

Julie
Yeah, I got the feeling that "she elf" was derogatory...*grin*

narcil
my favourite character when i was reading the books was aragorn.
from the movie, however, it was legolas. *Lol* (in my defense, i also liked legolas when i was reading the trilogy---but in the movie--well, i adore orlando bloom now. *lol* ^_^*)

mah
book - Faramir
FOTR - Boromir, TTT - Eowyn

General Kaliero
Tie between Legolas and the Nazgul. Archer Elf and Ring-Seeking Cloaks! What more could you ask for?

Dejio
In the movie, it would have to be Sauron as seen in the 1st part of FOTR.
Did you see how easily he bashed all those men and elves? And great looking armour. I know a lot of you purist would hate me for saying this but I kinda hope we'll see Sauron in the flesh again in ROTK.

Ushgarak
I just wish they had explained why he wasn't invisible.

Lara
just like to say that some one at my work place really looks like frodo! except taller! its really weird

mah
and how's his relationship with rings?

Fire
hehe

Mithrandir
I bet hes pierced all over!

Darth Vicious
Legolas. Backfire that was funny as hell, can u imagine YODA riding a horse!! Yoda, lol

Lara
actually I'm not sure I dont know him that well!

glorfindel
glorfindel

Lara
I hate to say this, but, stating the obvious!

Onawien
Well, i think my favourite character has to be Aragorn, he is fine, knows how to handle himself, brillent fighter and over all, he is a ranger need i say more. the funnest character i think is split between,merry,pippin and gimli.
legolas is a bit too queit and serious. embarrasment

Ushgarak
Wow, someone prepared to criticise Leholas! Very brave, Sir or Madame!

Onawien
Hum now who is cinical, i take tou are a fan of the actor who plays legolas 'orlando bloom'. im rather stating the character.

mah
I think Ush was more stating that with so many major Legolas-fans it's unusual with someone who's not very fond of him!

Ushgarak
Good Lord, I am no Legolas fan! I'm the Boromir/Eomer type!

Onawien
ok, well i like them too. it was really good how Boromir dies with honour.

Ushgarak
Honour is overrated. If they believed so much in honour, Aragorn would have challeneged the Urk-Hai to a duel rather than jumping it. Never understood that line.

I am just happy that he died killing a TON of orcs, trying to save Merry and Pippin and make up for his earlier weakness.

Onawien
He truly proved himself to be as Aragron said he is son of gondor.

Ushgarak
Bloody 'ell, Pat...

(sorry, only Sharpe fans will get that)

Onawien
ok, im not one of them, sos.

Fire
lol elrond rules smile

Onawien
lol, he does indeed, he rule the elves

Fire
he rules a few elves he doesn't rule them all but you do know that smile

Dexx
i liked eomer a lot too.
If i remember correctly, boromir doesn't die that heroicly in the books

Ushgarak
One of many scenes PJ took from the animated version.

hayden's minx
Well...
Legolas (of course)
but then again Eomer is quite fit can someone tell me what the hell that actors been in before coz i can recognise his face but don't kno his name and missed it in the credits 3 times.

Mujaffa
check www.theonering.net

Dejio
Eomer was great. Wish we would see him "shine" in ROTK as TTT did for Legolas.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>