What is Perfect?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Force
yes what is it? how can something become, or come from perfectness? How would you describe it, is there a way to describe it other than "It's just perfect."

The way i see it is that we aren't perfect or never will be again perfect.

but that's just me, anyone else care to lighten the subject?

Corlindel
My mammie is perfect stick out tongue

saucybird007
nothing and no one is perfect stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
By prefectness i think you ment perfection wink

Its impossible to be perfect in my oppinion...I would describe perfection as absence of all faults in all fields of ones life... that would be my deffinition anyway...

Whats perfect for one person, is certanly not gonna be perfect for the other...

DracotheDragon
Perfect, hmmm..... Can there be perfect....., no, not really, I don't think there is perfect (cept the Lord our God). No, WAIT! DRAGONS ARE PERFECT!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/Jumpy.gif

BarmyBrummie
Nothing is perfect, there are just different levels of imperfection

cermiestar
some things are perfect...

lil bitchiness
like....

cermiestar
ok let me change that, different things are perfect to different people...

yerssot
you wanted to say "me" there, right cerm? stick out tongue

cermiestar
no.......something else.....

yerssot
who than? stick out tongue

cermiestar
shifty

yerssot
see, yourself stick out tongue

Korri
KR=perfect yes

cermiestar
not me.....other things...

Korri
blink

yerssot
like who?

Korri
IM SO IGNORED

yerssot
nah! smile
*hugs korri*

cermiestar
keanu reeves is perfect....to you stick out tongue

Korri
yes

yerssot
and what to you cerm?

Korri
Hello Kitty big grin

cermiestar
no...other things....people....

yerssot
do expand

Korri
yerss!

yerssot
korri!

Korri
aphh yeah rite!

yerss is cermi's perfection!

yerssot
yeah ... she is perfect wink

Korri
lol

Storm
Perfection is subjective. What' s perfect imo isn' t perfect in yours. I can find perfection in imperfection.

ruby
Perfection is a concept not a reallity.

The Force
so we all have our little visions of perfectness, but there still not perfect to everyone... i'm going to start getting myself confused wacko

cermiestar
perfection, in it's way, must have inperfections, i ean say the concept of heaven as being a world where everything is good, well wouldn't that be a bit boring? so it can't be heaven. heaven must have inperfectionsto make it perfect....

as for my perfect.....wink

ruby
Look its perfectly simple. (oh damn i cant say that)

basically

we can imagine perfection

but it cant really exist

cermiestar
it can!

silver_tears
Perfection can exist in a perfect world wacko

cermiestar
i wasn't making much sense...

ruby
yes but theirs no such thing as a perfect world in reallity a perfect world is only in your head. mad

and dont say "we could make one" cause you cant! because everyone has their own veiw of what perfection is and their views would always be changing.

and that would mean we would have to make an infinite number of our own ever changing perfect worlds .

AND FACE IT. THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! mad

The Force
but then perfect wouldn't be perfect because it had those imperfections. But since heaven is perfect, it doens't have imperfections... it's just perfect.

If something had imperfections then it wouldn't be perfect.

Perfect is 100%

Perfect is not 99.99999999999999...% it's either all or none thumb up

Storm
not to me

cermiestar
no i meant that perfection can be made by having imperfections

Baylin
Perfect is anything that does or is how I want it!

ruby
judging by your avatar your very smart and so i will agree with everything you say *note sarcasm*

DeNiro
Well in the world of bodybuilding perfect would be describe as being as heavy as u possibly could get with having the least amount of body fat as possible and being totally symetrical with all ur muscels. and also being a great poser which takes years and hours and hours of practice to do. but really u can always be heavier or bigger or have less body fat so really u can never be perfect.

But in my eyes being perfect is trying ur absoulte best in ne thing u want to achive and being able to say there is not one thing u could have done to be better. that is perfect even though u might not be the best or beat everyone else u tried the hardest and let nothing stand in the way of ur dreams so really the only thing u can be perfect in is ur attidue and effort towards a goal I think

cermiestar
hey, no need to be rude.

who told you you were so smart anyway.

ruby
most of my friends...

cermiestar
and how much are you paying these "friends" stick out tongue

ruby
your pushing it kitty.

cermiestar
would i angel

yerssot
now now cerm, he can't pay imaginary friends

cermiestar
true true yerss, how could i forget? big grin

The Force
having, or by going through imperfections, cuz imperfections alone mean something isn't perfect.

we all can have something that we think is perfect in life, but that's just us

Baylin
Better believe it! Only a really smart person could dumb down the way i do! wink

cermiestar
go baylin!

The Force
laughing out loud what's up with ruby?

cermiestar
she's mean

Baylin
doesn't bother me I'm too dumb to notice mean things... stick out tongue

yerssot
+annoying+bashing, ...

Storm
then just report it and let it rest

yerssot
no wonder that green dragon of yours got extinct stick out tongue

cermiestar
yes

Baylin
Yeah sad Not too many real werewolves about either these days... wink

cermiestar
besides you?

yerssot
only one and only wink

Baylin
*croaky old voice*No, there is another....

My wolfcub/daughter! big grin

cermiestar
laughing out loud

yerssot
the entirey legacy wink

Baylin
Yeah and talking of which puts us back on topic!
She is perfect...

Perfect pain in the butt
Perfect messy creature
Perfectly cute!

In fact she is as perfect as perfect gets!
Here she is with me in dog form... wink

cermiestar
ohmigod! she is the cutest thing ever!

Baylin
Tell me about it! I have to live with that an all I want to do cuddle her to bits all the time big grin

cermiestar
just like kittens!

The Force
he's a she?

cermiestar
is ruby a he or a she? messed

Storm
I think ruby is a he.

cermiestar
oh...oopsy....i thought ruby was a girls name embarrasment

The Force
ruby is a girls name, but he talked like a guy

cermiestar
hrm...interesting problem...

The Force
*smokes bubble pipe* indeed....

ruby
ima he

when i was regestring i couldnt be bothered to think up a good name

and besides i love confusion

cermiestar
laughing out loudbig grinlaughing out loud

o...k.....ruby........

The Force
big grin hey cerm

cermiestar
hey! how are you?

The Force
i'm good, but tired, but still good, what bout you?

cermiestar
Christmassy!!!! i am so excited!

The Force
ya, can you belive that its' tomorrow, this year has gone by fast yes

cermiestar
I know!!! i can't wait! there are already some presents under the tree.....i can't go in that room because i want to open them so bad!

The Force
lol, we also have like all our presents under the tree, but we get to open one present tonight big grin

cermiestar
you get to open one tonight!!! eek!

The Force
ya, it's funny because my dad was the cause of it, he told my brother what one present was for him, then my brother told my mom, and since she's the voice of the house roll eyes (sarcastic) she told us that we could open a present on christmas eve, and my dad had to agree. laughing out loud

cermiestar
oh that's so unfair!!!! we only get to open our stockings on christmas morning then we have till wait till after church to open our proper gifts!

The Force
you have church on thursday? i only have church on wednesday. we usd to have stockings but we like quit or something

cermiestar
christmas!

cermiestar
of course there's church....it's christmas....i have to go to church tonight, midnight mass!!
you don't have stockings? but they're cool! i get jewelery in my stocking!

The Force
i think we would used to get candy, can't remember *shrugs*

Gotwa
Perfect is you bowing at my feet. big grin

The Force
perfect would be if you could wash your feet big grin

Gotwa
I DO!.. the garden hose doesn't have good aim though.. stick out tongue

The Force
lol, that be it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Matrix_man
my definition of perfection is God....something inconcievable by our imperfect minds, something inharbourable in our imperfect universe, yet something which is complete and unchallengeable. most philosophers will give u that answer, and it made sense to me yes

Matrix_man
other than that, in our own universe and in this lifetime u will never experience perfection, simply cos it doesnt exist in space-time. u can come close to perfection i.e. u can have a really really good lawnmower...but that would be pretty crap as a shaving machine so it cant be perfect....anyways stop bickering and accpet that cos its the bitter truth! stick out tongue

LanceWindu
But...but...I wanted to use it as a shaver.

* Goes to try it out *

Matrix_man
thumb up good luck with that....

LanceWindu
* Comes back with half his face hanging off of the bone *

Ahh...that's the closest shave I've ever had.

Gotwa
o.o

The Force
laughing out loud maybe you should try a real shaver next time roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
I only own 15 razors...I need more.

The Force
i own a package of throw-aways... could i get some of yours?

LanceWindu
That's what mine are...cheap twin blade throw aways.

I want a Shick Quatro though.

Matrix_man
big grin i own the world first 4 blade razor! shaving takes about 30 secs! i love it...

Matrix_man
yeh the quattro! its the best...

The Force
quad, i get to use the 2 blade erm

ruby
perfection canot exsist in reallity

ruby
sorry in the reallity that we exist in. if it is reallity. perfection can not take physical form, but can in our minds

Matrix_man
confused i doubt it....u cant imagine perfection...our minds are flawed and so cannot imagine something flawless.....like trying to print a document from a broken printer

BLACKANGEL
i agree if we never saw perfect how do we know what it is.

ruby
i was thinking that when i wrote the above but i didnt want to confuse people with my philosophical giberish wink

yerssot
Anselmus:
If I can think of something that's absolutely perfect in my mind,
it can not be absolutely perfect for there is one thing more perfect than this, namely that it exists in reality"

Matrix_man
which was St Anselm's proof for the undeniable existance of God...well done yerss! big grin

The Force
exactly, that was what i was waiting for *hand claps*

Linkalicious
perfect is the carl's jr. commercial where the chick is eating a burger on the mechanical bull. She's perfect...the meal is perfect...mmmmmm

evil_kitty
What is perfection? I mean, does such a thing even exist?
I think it's something people made up, some kind of plan, a model which they want to follow; nothing is perfect in this world.

Kes
I think the human body is the perfect machine..it sometimes doesnt work perfectly thou.
Didnt I just ruin my point with that one?blink

Ushgarak
Pretty much, Kes...

Kes
laughing
But think about it...think of everything that goes on in your body?
I think pollution and stuff makes it not work perfectly.But it is always evolving and adapting so it might overcome that.

Storm
What is Perfect?

Ushgarak
I think maybe YOUR body is perfect though, Kes...

Kes
From conception to death...look at all the "fases" it goes tru. All that happens.

Ushgarak
I am not sure if you took that as the compliment I meant...

wuTa
Gods suppose to be perfect, ask him/her/it

Kes
Yeh I wasnt sure embarrasment

Kes
Better not go into that.

Ushgarak
It was meant as a compliment of your figure...

(nods vigorously)

Kes
My figure blink

Ushgarak
You know, it is normally easier than this to compliment girls...

Ok, I'll make it more broad. It is YOU who are perfect, Ana, sweetie!

Kes
laughing
Nobody is perfect stick out tongue

Ushgarak
That's true.

Except you...

wuTa
why not...damn people lighten up...if people arent willing to talk about it....than why bother talking

Kes
Why nobody is perfect?...well because IMO perfection is impossible to reach. We can ony better ourselfs trying to reach it.

Ushgarak
Yup! Everyone strive to be like Kes...

(strives)

She, meanwhile, will strive to be like the Joliemeister.

Kes
Jolie love

The Force
woah, my thread came back from it's perfect resting place.. heaven angel big grin stick out tongue

punkyhermy
the term perfect is not present in the world.and i think that in a way perfection lies in imperfection.no matter how hard we strive to acheive perfection, we only end up as mere imperfect humans.however we concieve a thing to be perfect, imperfection will be found inherent in it.....i hope it all makes sense.

narcil
if there is no one who can achieve 'perfection' it's because their perception of what that is keeps changing.

Fire
perfection is an ideal which one must always strive to but which one can never accomplish

yerssot
really? I know how my perfect woman looks like wink

narcil
*lol* well then, it's a relief to know perfection CAN be achieved, if only through the perception of others.

(i for one, however, have always known of the existence of 'perfect'. not to brag or anything, but i AM a god, in my own right. wink)

yerssot
really? that's funny, I'm a god in my country too. People worship me happy

Darth Revan
I agree with you completely. We try to erradicate diseases, they only become resistant to the drugs while we become more dependant on vaccines and antibiotics. We go to the gym and work out, and have perfect diets, and be perfectly clean and "healthy", but this isn't the life God intended for us. We used to be perfectly adapted to living in the wild, like animals almost, but we've become dependant upon our modern way of life. I know this sounds harsh, but out in nature, survival of the fittest is a way of life. If you get a fatal disease, you die from it. If you get attacked by a bigger animal, something that's stronger than you, it kills you. If I had to choose something perfect, it would be nature. It's so complex and even cruel and yet it works so well.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>