Any questions needed answering?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

potterthefirst
If you need any harry potter questions answered i guarantee I will be able to answer them. Trust me. I mean it! Happy Dance laughing laughing Happy Dance

sauron
why is harry the new generations answer to frodo?

potterthefirst
It would be nice if you could say that in english coz it does not make sense to me coz i dont speak double dutch! big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin Happy Dance

Linkalicious
hey that wasn't double dutch...that was freaky deaky dutch. Double dutch is jumping 2 ropes at once, and only colored people are gifted at that. (sorry if it sounds racist, but black people pwn at jump rope.)

my question...

What's it like being retarded?

Luna150
my question is. Why do you think so highly off yourelf?

potterthefirst
I don't it is just I thought if people wanted to have questions answered then they could ask me. I am not doing it because i'm full of myself I'm doing it coz I like Harry Potter and I want to do my best to help people understand it more. I'm really am sorry that you took it the wrong way.
Apolagy accepted?

Luna150
Just joking wink

potterthefirst
Ok cheers Luna. smile

Kai_Haider
Why was Percy able to take away house points in Chamber of Secrets, but in Order of the Phoenix, they say prefects can't take away house points?

potterthefirst
Prefects Are allowed to take them away but hermione told him not to use them as threats against slytherin, so in the end he didn't use it because he did not know if he was using them badly. big grin

Linkalicious
umm maybe prefects are aloud to TAKE from their own house, but they can't take from other houses otherwise it would turn into a grudge match and everyone would want to "get one up" on the other houses. What advantage do you get from TAKING points from your house? none, because it's a punishment and they'll learn a better lesson. (Just speculation...)

Luna150
potterthefirst i didn't reallyunderstand ur answer because percy DID take house points and so did draco.. Also who is "he"? i dunno who ur talking about. Anyway i thinkl maybe prefects in the second year as prefects can take house points. But being able to take them from ur own house sounds good too

Candy
i think that was amistake from rowling that percy took points... wink

Aimz Radcliffe
yeah...me two..but hermione did tell ron to not take points from Slytherin for no reason? ?*confused*

scifisam
I thought Hermione said prefects couldn't take away points because it "undermines the whole Idea of being a prefect" or something like that.

morbidviper
Hmmmmm.... good question.... but ok potterthefirst, where did Lily and James' bodies go when Voldemort used Avada Kedavra(spelling?) curse on them???... hmmmm???.... blink

crisomtears
okay..i have a question. i know this probably sound sstupid and all but i have to clear it for myself. in the 5th book they say that one cannot die and the other live, that they both have to die. if i even got that right. and it confusses me because would that not mean that at some point..maybe in the 7th book in order to defeat Voldermort that Harry would have to die too? i am so confussed that i think i am confussing myself.

LadySlytherin
ill answer this one for ya hun wink it says "one cannot live whilst the other survives" so basically ONE of them has to die. not both. in the end, one has to kill the other. however, we see in the 5th book that harry and voldemort's wands, being brothers, do not function properly when forced to duel against each other, so i really dont see how they are going to duel in the first place. jk made the whole thing confusing.

crisomtears
thank you much. i feel better now...i hope that didnt sound werid...but your right...it is confussing. but i have another. can neville (i cannot spell..so dont get mad) defeat voldermort?

LadySlytherin
i highly doubt it. neville was the other child in question. but only one (well perhaps 2...dumbledore) can solely defeat the dark lord. like the prophecy said, the dark lord CHOSE harry potter as the greatest threat to him and "marked him as his equal." harry COULD beat voldemort, but one of the two will be the other's undoing. either that or dumbledore'll just step in and whip voldy's butt

scifisam
The only way Neville could defeat Voldemort is if Voldie had marked Neville as well and J.K. Rowling either forgot to mention it or is keeping it to herself for a more surprising ending. But I doubt it.

scifisam
Ok, Potterthefirst, I have a question for ya. But first, have you figured out all the secrets on jkrowling.com yet? Or does it have to be strictly from the published book or movie?

shanie623
Here's my question. It's a bit complicated, so read carefully.

Prefects are chosen when you're in your fifth year (and I assume, they do that every year). And headboys and headgirls are chosen in the 7th year (and I will also asume that they do that every year).

Percy was prefect TWICE in his 5th and 6th (first and second book), then he was headboy in his 7th year (third book).

First question: wouldn't there be a new pair of prefects after Percy's 5th year? I remember reading that there'll only be TWO prefects (boy and girl) in each houses every year. If so, then why was Percy still a prefect in his 6th year? (read Chamber of Secrets) Where were the new prefects? The supposedly 5th years?????

Another one:
In OOTP, Ron and Hermy were chosen as prefects. In their 6th year (6th book), there will be new prefects (supposedly). It will be from Ginny's class of course, because they're the new 5th years... So my second question is: Ron and Hermy will not be prefects then?

And my third question is: what happened to the prefects before Ron and Hermy? (I'll assume they'll be in their 6th year in OOTP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.