Sauron?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DagothUr
Wasn't Sauron supposed to actually come out of his tower and fight in the final battle at the gates of Mordor? My friend told me that this happened in the book.

If it really did happen in the book, do you think PJ will put it in the extended dvd?

Exa
NonononoNONONO!!!

That was said to happen but im glad it didnt...

sauron
it didnt happen in the book, sauron fought in the last alliance, he NEVER fight without his ring, plus the fact he has no body lol

Exa
lol yeah
but there was some rumour about him and aragorn fighting... stupid...

nazgulinthedark
roll eyes (sarcastic) he has no bode

sauron
yeah, it would have been cool to see, but it would be sooo far from the book it would shit on the film

nazgulinthedark
yes

Ariadne
It would have been really stupid if Sauron had suddenly gotten a body and come to fight Aragorn. But people who hadn't read the books probably would have loved it because everyone wants more fighting time for Aragorn and all the other hero people, and it would have been cool if it wasn't just so made up.

DagothUr
Too bad. I couldn't wait to see him swing his mace all over the place. But if that's not what happened in the book, than it should be left alone. I'm gonna beat up my friend for telling lies.

nazgulinthedark
good for you.

Ariadne
Yes, people who lie about the book should be shown no mercy.

fini
yeah!!!!!!

* fini looks for alllll the orli droolers to talk the liars to death*

sauron
LOL

orli droolers ohh i mean come on hes not that hot, i think gandalf saruman and theoden are better, no joke, if i was a girl, thats who i would go for

Gotwa
Orlando can burn with Sauron. -.-

nazgulinthedark
roll eyes (sarcastic) everyone should go for the ringwraiths

LegolasIsMyMan
Orli is so hot, you people don't know what you are talking bout' and no he will not burn with Sauron!!!!!!!

sauron
yes, of course he cant burn with sauron, im too good for him, he can burn alone in a deep dark pit

sauron
ohh i wanted to kill him when he killed the oliphaunt and looked really full of himself when he stared at gimli

nazgulinthedark
laughing

Ariadne
My friend (who's halfway though the books and is too lazy to finish them I might add) said that the audience on opening night started cheering when he took down the oliphaunt. I was glad that I wasn't there.

Has anyone else noticed Legolas doesn't do ANYTHING? He's probably the least important person in the fellowship, and he has about 10 lines in RotK. Not much to get excited about.

sauron
why did legolas go, to reprisent the elves damn elrond your in rivendell its not hard to find a better elf, glorfindel, yourself.

tom should have joined fellowship, but of course he couldnt because he is the witchking

nazgulinthedark
sad poor tom

Gotwa
I think Legolas was gay.

nazgulinthedark
yes he is

Gotwa
o.o

nazgulinthedark
big grin hehe

lkotbr33
tom bombadil is not the witch king

Lord_Andres
if he was the witchking, he would have killed Frodo and taken the ring

turin
i think it would have been cool to see sauron again at the black gate, although it would have been better if the mouth of sauron was there and played a significant role in the battle, perhaps sub him out with that troll. and there is some evidence that sauron had a body by then. gollum when talking about his captivity mentions a 4 fingered hand or something to that effect.

sauron
the black hand is a term used by Gollum to describe Sauron's literal hand, but also used figuratively of his immense power

telcontar
laughing No! No! No!.................were 2 begin! laughing

Sauron needs his ring 2 take physical form because his ring completes him and gives him his full power.

Ur friend was mistaken 4 the character in the books caled the "ambassidor"...he is the voice of sauron and he is saurons "right hand man".

The ambassidor comes out and shows Aragorn and company the Mithril Coat and sam's sword and tries 2 frighten them and make them believe that frodo has failed.!!!!!!!!!

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing mad

Ushgarak
Elrond does specifically discount the value of sending Glorfindel...

Maybe sending Legolas was a sap to keep the Mirkwood Elves happy.

The Omega

Exa
...which is the real cause for the battle of Morannon. Its not a battle to give Frodo a chance, it's a battle of despair.

Mr. Football
yeah....legolas mos def is not an important character but hes a ...well important character... because he can do things normal folks cant and he looks good in tights....hes definitly not important tho, and yes it does get quite annoying when youre watching LotR and everytime he says somethign, is shown close up, or farts in the wind, girls fidgit and go "ooo id like to be his lil elfish woman" and other such unbearable utterances

Exa
His most important importance is surely making NLC rich

Mr. Football
agreed...but hey whatever works

nazgulinthedark
YES HE IS!!!

The Omega
Exa> Suppose you were right. That Legolas' only purpose is to make NLC rich... Let aside all talks about the character being in the books LotR which the films are an adaptation of.
WHY then, is he not shown more in the RotK than he features in the book?

nazgulinthedark
tom bombadil did not kill frodo since he was the witchking because he has almost like two dofferent personalities. any one ever think he might no like working for sauron, he's just really gulible and power hungry and stuff.

Exa
I didnt say that was his only purpose.

What, even more Legolas? Impossible, PJ wouldve had to change the whole course of the story.

sorry offtop

sauron
YES TOM BOMBADIL IS THE WITCHKING

it is his alter ego in which he takes form in the occaasion he wants to feel happy, or do soe good, as he was once a proud king of men and does not desire to be wholly evil

check out my post in the tom bombadil thread, THEN i will accpet your apology big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.