Diet and Exercise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Ok everyone...I'm tired of being chubby.

I need to know if there's any good diet and workout techniques that anyone here uses.

I haven't exercised in a long time, so I need to start off slow.

I just went to McDonald's for the last time in a while. So my diet starts now.

I also just started a home based workout that I came up with on the spot. Crunches, Crunches with twists, Push-Ups, and a little bit of weight lifting (improvised since we don't have weights) about 50 pounds 2 x 20 reps on my arms, and so far 20 reps with my legs.

Anyone think they can help me with this?

I'm about 250 lbs my goal is about 210 lbs, unless I can have more weight in muscle, not fat.

DeNiro may be able to come up with something for me.

Please help.

SilverFighter
Dieting is a lifestyle try to drink plenty of water and avoid foods satured with fat and salt. Join a sports fitness clubs and hit the Cardiovascular machines. After 3 months of trendmil start using lightweights and the fat will start wearing off.

Gotwa
o.o Never thought of that.. stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Ok...I can't join a health club:

1. There are none within 50 miles.
2. No money.

I am drinking water right now, I plan on drinking the recommended 8 8oz glasses a day.

We don't have any exercise equipment in our house either...hence why my aunt and uncle each weigh about 300 lbs each.

SilverFighter
Oh, I see what you mean. Well, go running in the mornings and do some laps around the block. As long as you keep yourself active you should be fine.

LanceWindu
o.0...me...active? *gasp*

I'm not a big runner...plus I have to baby sit 3 kids all day long from when I wake up until about 8:00 pm...

SilverFighter
lol.

Take the kids for a walk that will help you stay active. If you drive leave the car at home and go for a nice walk. big grin

lil bitchiness
sad I am permanatly on a diet..as in ALL THE TIME! sad

I just dont eat....like..id go a day without eating anythig...confused I know thats not good, but you know...

Walk..take a loooong walks..that usually helps!

I also dance a lot...and that tires you out a lot...of course i do it when i go out and stuff...confused which used to be 3 times a week..confused

Stop drinking alcohol, especially beer..one pint of beer has as many calories as a loaf of bread...which is a lot...

confused thats about all advice i can give you...

LanceWindu
That's the good thing...I don't drive...(good in one way, bad in many others... laughing out loud )

I'm going to try and eat little junk during the day, and eat more healthy foods, or at least less regular food.

If anyone wants to be my support friend in this and go on a diet with me it would be greatly appreciated. We could help each other out.

I'll try and keep a log of how much weight I am losing and everything.

LanceWindu
Also, I won't be online much during the day anymore since I will be more active, going to the park with the kids and going for long walks or something, instead of sitting on my ass all day long.

But have no fear, I will be on at night all the time, my reward for each days hard work. big grin

lil bitchiness
Yeah..im all for supporting and stuff! thumb up

WEll..in a space of 4 weeks i lost 3 kilos! thats 6 pounds...thats in the last 4 weeks...

LanceWindu
I hope to be around 210 or something like that by May 2004, for when I go to New Zealand to see Chanel.

yerssot
well, eat less and do regular excercise, that helps normally

lil bitchiness
coolness...i'll be your support mate if you want...thumb up

LanceWindu
Great.

Well I'm off now to go do some more exercise...maybe more crunches.

burlyman
waking up so late means i miss two meals... i make it all up in snacks though embarrasment

never have time for breakfast on a school day either, most important meal of the day too, thats bad right...

LanceWindu
I never eat breakfast either, I usually have a small lunch, with tons of chocolatey snacks in between lunch and dinner.

And dinner I usually have 2 or sometimes 3 helpings.

DeNiro
ok well ur in a tight spot with being unable to join a gym. You wont be able to gain the muscel u want if u cant join a gym with the nessacary machines for begginers. here is my plan for u loosing that much weight is honeslty really easy all u have to have is dicipline.

ok well i was actully going to giv u a diet i was on but by the sound of ur attitude i doubt u would take the time to meausre out ur food and balance ur protien carbs and saturated fats etc.

so here is my quick lil guide for u to loose weight and fast.

look at the lables of what u eat make sure they r healthy vegetibles fruits, meats, etc. and no pizza no candy ne thing u like to eat just forget it just dont eat it because pretty much ne thing u like is prolly bad for u. u say omg ur harsh now but honeslty dont eat it for a month and u wont miss it and also ull feel so good because ur body is reciveing the right nutriunts and vitamins it needs that u will actully like not eating fatty shit.

so eat only about a 1000 to 1500 calories a day look at lables and eat in smaller amounts. u can always sit there though and eat as much fruit as u want go ahead that is all good for u and u will burn it off fast by doing cardio. and once u start doing cardio/excersising then it wont be like ur taking in 1500 calories a day it will be like ur taking in 500 or 600 cause ur burning calories as ur running biking swimming even walking.

u can bunr 600 calories by just running a slight jog for an hour. always do ur cardio in the morning because it is pointless to do it in the middle of the day because all u r doing is burning what u ate earlier that day. but when u do cardio in the morning u will be burning off fat calories which is what u want to get rid of.

try doing cardio twice a day every day of the week. and take it slow run only a mile the first week then step it up a bit and do two miles the next week and so on and so fourth. it would be alot easier for u to loose alot of fat and at the same time putting on muscel if u could belong to a gym so its kinda hard to tlel u to lifts weights just tell me exaclty whatu have at ur house and i can prolly come up with 20 excersise with what u have that can put on mucel.

ok ill post another post that is much shorter and more easy to follow. and do me a favor tell me exactly what u have to work out with at ur house . ok im going to post the easier post now

DeNiro
Do cardio in the morning for at least an hour. eat enough healthy food to keep ur energy high.

eat between 1000 and 2000 calories a day.

u should burn off 500 to a 1000 calories a day by doing cardio twice a day.

if u do it twice a day then u dont have to put as much effort into one single run or bike ride etc.

and just tell me what kind of weights u have at ur house then i can tell u what to do from there. it is really hard telling someone over the comp what to do cause it will be hard to explain what u will need to do with the weights

silver_tears
crazy post wacko
But good luck Ken thumb up I wish youa ll the best in this!
and hopefully you will reach your goal yes

LanceWindu
I'll be able to look at the labels and cut my food intake to about 1500 calories.

I'm going to try to do some more cardio. I have a bike I can take and ride around for a couple of hours, and it has a trailer on it for the three kids, so that's some added weight, which should help my legs a little because it's more work.

I'll also try and get in a little jog whenever I can.

Literally I have no real weights in the house, what I was using to "bench" was Hannah...the oldest kid...laughing out loud...I might be able to find something heavy and balanced in the garage, but that'll take some time to go through.

My true diet starts tomorrow, so I'll be counting the calories.

BingaBonga
It's hard to diet. It's usually people that have a normal lifestyle of eating junk. What ever happened to fruits and veggies? Haha, I know it may sound strange, but things like that keep you going in life. That's why I'll always thank my parents for having healthy things in my diet. If I were you, you should probably lay off the McDonald's for a while, and I see you already have. I think in order for you to lose a significant amount of weight, you consume 2000 calories and lose 3000. I actually have done a report about Fast Food. I couldn't believe how disgusting one of those Whoppers at burger king is. It's something like 49 grams of fat in one of those. sick Anyway, try to get used to a diet with a lot of nutrition rather than sugar and fat. When you're going to the grocery store, you can still get desserts for every once in a while, but get fat free ones. Check the labels, and you'll see how you can get into a good habit.

I hope you are successful, and this has some help that you may need. smile

Kosta
W)))))! Well done Lance. I WANNA SEE THOSE POUNDS MELT AWAY! COME ON!!!!! URE A SKINNY GUY TRAPPED IN A NOT SO SKINNY GUYS BODY! stick out tongue.
Dude, juddging from ur pic, 15 or so kkilos would be enough to lose, (About 30 pounds? I think)

Basically, stay away form fatty and dsalty foods, it takes dicipline, so it wont be easy for the first few weeks while ure gettinng used to it. BUT! You quit smoking which is a HUGE factor fo gaining weight, so be careful. If you have the dicipline to quit smoking, then this is something yu can also do. Good luck.

LanceWindu
That pic is only of my head Kosta...my body is chubby...laughing out loud

What's 15 kilos in pounds anyways blink?

silver_tears
like he said about 35 if im not mistaken yes
and smoking is ahorrible habit sick

Gotwa
Smoking is fun.. but only if it's a bowl..

DeNiro
quite fing smoking thatss the dumbest thing u can ever do no wonder why u dont like excersise i bet u get out of breath after walking up a flighte of stairs. quit smoking eat less junky food and start eating healthy food as for u trying to gain muscle the only things u can do is push ups u can do wide push ups to hit ur chest muscels and then closed handed push ups to get ur tricep developed and start doing squats do like 100 of them u will still start to develop muscels in ur legs by just doing that but god i would have already committed suicide by now if i lived by u with no gym within 50 miles oo god that would be hell for me

Gotwa
Um, sorry.. my friend has been smoking for like.. 5 years and he runs track kthx

LanceWindu
He may be running track, but when he gets older he's going to really feel what he's done to his lungs.

I only smoked for 5 years too...from 14-19, and from just about 3 months of not smoking, I feel a ton better, no longer coughing as much. Now it's only for when I get the cold.

DeNiro
goood for u lance.. now imagine how ur going to feel after loosing the weight u want to loose i really wish i could help u out but not much i could do over the computer trust me id run with u just so u would do it it is hard to keep motivated sometimes

VallejoKid707
i feel fat too... maybe i should diet and excerise...

LanceWindu
Then join me and Lil B...we can keep eachother motivated!

VallejoKid707
ok starting tomorrow morning, I, VALLEJOKID707, GOING TO START A HEALTHY DIET AND EXCERISE EVERYDAY.

VallejoKid707
and deniro can be are advisor...

LanceWindu
yes

mechmoggy
Good luck LW!

My old man was dieting for ages, he lost quite a bit of weight too, but then it stopped coming off. He was down to eating bloody soup twice a day and the weight was barely coming off. I talked him into joing my gym and after a couple of weeks, the weight started dropping off him, all because he was dieting and working out. So keep up both the diet and the exercise!

When me and Mrs.MM want to lose a few extra pounds, we eat steamed fish and veg for a couple of weeks. Its really tasty and very good for you too. wink

DeNiro
I would be a good cardio advisor u guys would still like me at the end of the day but u would despise me if u had to lift weights with me laughing out loud

BackFire
my dad's on that caveman diet thing. Eat Meat, vegies, but very little carbs, you don't even have to exercise for this to be effective, my dad just does this diet, and sits there watching tv, and he lost 80 pounds. might want to try that.

lil bitchiness
oo Lance i went for a long walk today!! yes It was cold but i liked it!!

How is it going for ya so far?!

LanceWindu
I haven't gone for a walk or anything yet...

But today I have had just a few bites of chicken noodle soup, and some chicken broth. Nothing else.

I need to get to drinking more water though, I haven't had anything to drink yet.

I'll go for a walk tomorrow for sure though.

LanceWindu
Ok...I'm modifying my diet some...

I can't just cut out junk foods just like that...

BUT...I am still counting calories.

I just ate dinner...a bowl of Ramen Noodle which came to about 380 calories, and for lunch I had 1/3 of a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup which is 80 calories. Plus about 5 miniature Kit-Kats (I mean really small one bite a piece.) which is 200 calories. Also a little snack of sunflower seeds for about 170 calories.

380 + 80 + 200 + 170 = 830 calories.

I may end up having a small dessert...I'm not sure, but so far, so good.

silver_tears
you can still go for a walk yes its only what 7 30 big grin

BingaBonga
Yeah, don't just cut out junk food like that, limit yourself to like a few... then like to 3 then 2 then 1 a day... but spread this over a few weeks... I felt fat, but now I'm doing volleyball... yea! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.