Dark side cave on Dagobah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
Does anyone think Lucas will show us why the cave on dagobah is strong with the dark side? I personally think Yoda will kill Dooku there.

yerssot
don't think it will be mentioned... not sure in any case (explanation is given but eu)

Ushgarak
It would have to be more than just 'killing Dooku'; there would have to be some heavy resonance to it.

In any case, I would say it would almoat certainly not be mentioned... if it were not for the small possbility that Luke's feeling that he had been to Dagobah before being explained. And that would likewise give an opportunity for the tree.

bigsef2
I think Lukes saying he feels like he has been there before is something that will be important in episode III. I doubt Luke will be there, but his father anakin might. There are alot of parallels b/w Anakin and Luke. I think its remotely possible that the battle between obi-wan and anakin might actually occurr on dagobah. in ESB, when Yoda tells Luke that he will not need his weapons when he goes into the cave, we get the distinct impression Yoda knows something that hes not telling, and I think its more than what we eventually see after Luke battles "Vader" in the cave.

Ushgarak
Well, it's entirely possible.

For those who want to see Padme die, that would make a great place for Anakin to kill her, of course.

bigsef2
That post about padme dying bugs me a bit. in ROTJ, leia specifically says she remembers her real mother, when she was very young. Anakin doesn't know Leia exists until ROTJ. There is no plausible way for Anakin to kill Padme AFTER leia has already spent enough time around her to remember her, and not know he has a daughter.

Ushgarak
Yeah, I know that. It's all covered in the nearby thread on the subject.

bigsef2
well, if the rumors are true that dagobah IS naboo, the dark jedi killed there could just as easily be darth maul. i dont buy in to that though, and it wouldnt go as well as Anakin having visited dagobah before.

Ushgarak
I think we can discredit those rumours.

yerssot
give me sec

yerssot
http://www.aldera.net/theories_Dagobah-Naboo.shtml

and take a look at the pic

Ushgarak
Well, it's all nonsense. Must be said, though, much of the refutation isn't much better...

bigsef2
.....after reading the aldera.net theory on the chosen one, i have changed my mind again on the things you guys told me i was wrong about. there will be a revelation simliar to that in ESB where anakin finds out he is the 'son' of palpatine. i was right the first time. one of the last scenes in episode III will be obi-wan killing anakin.

Ushgarak
Blimey, even they guy who runs thjat site says that those theories are old and rubbish. 'Consider them entertainment', he says.

Anakin the son of Palpatine... VERY unlikely.

yerssot
no way that's going to happen!

bigsef2
it makes sense though. the only other things i hear that make sense.... well, they SUCK! now if star wars is really just one big movie, it makes sense for the biggest revelations to take place near the end (ESB and ROTJ). however, not having any big revelations in AOTC or EPIII will be extremely anti-climatic for those of us watching these movies now. Lucas HAS to give us something, and whoever does that aldera.net site has offered me the only good, reasonable, workable revelations. there is a part of me that still wants to beleive Lucas hasnt completely lost it. i dont want to wait 4 years just to watch a mediocre movie.

Venom
That's why I disliked TPM a bit...

Star Wars is far more symbolic than most of U think. For example Yoda is symbolic for "U don't need 2 be big and tall to be strong, U don't even need 2 have a weapon too be strong with the force. And now people are asking "HOW does Yoda fight?" They don't get the point.
The cave on Dagobah is symbolic, too. It shows everyone his weakness, or his fate. Luke faced his father/his fate too have to kill him. Later, as Vader told him the truth, he knew what the cave wanted 2 tell him. There's no Sith up in it, it's just the evil force that shows that U HAVE weakness like everyone.

bigsef2
that may have been lucas intent when he made the movies, but we have to remember, lucas isnt the same now. yoda doesnt fight dooku solely using the force, which would have kicked major ass. yoda has a lightsaber and fights dooku that way, jumping around all over the place. lucas is going after what LOOKS cool. you have to keep that in mind when you think about whats goign to happen in these movies. they are goign to be comparatively shallow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.