Spoiler in Galactic Battlegrounds?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chaos Protocol
I was looking through the Database feature of the new RTS Galactic Battlegrounds and noticed under the info for Qui-Gon, that it mentions his Padawan prior to Obi and how he was lured to the dark side. It goes on with how Qui-Gon had to battle his ex-apprentices teacher and killed him. His ex-apprentice vowed revenge and disappeared.

I saw this and immediatly thought of the Dark Jedi in the teasers... here's the theory:

The Dark Jedi is Qui-Gon's failed student (I believe the name was Xanthos, will confirm later) . He hires Jango and Boba to help hunt down Obi to exact revenge sice Qui-Gon died via Maul.

Does anyone know anything else that could support or defeat this theory?

Peace
Chaos Protocol

Ushgarak
Galactic Battlegrounds is based on EU sources. Leaving aside that the EU is noin-canonical and so of no relevance to the films, the point is that it is the books that had this story long before Galactic Battlegrounds.

In any case! We already know who the Sith is; he is Darth Tyrannus (or Count Dooku), played by Christipher Lee.

The ironic thing is, rumour has it that Qui-Gon was Dooku's padawan, back when Dooku was a Jedi...

finti
and qui gon being Dookus padawan comes from where??

Ratcat
That's a spoiler rumour, NOT EU.

Julie
The Jedi apperentice series says that Qui Gon's fallen padawan is Xanatos.

bigsef2
the jedi apprentice series is shit

bigsef2
pardon my language

Julie
i take it you have stong feelings in this matter. Care to give reasons why???? Your language is excused...try an' keep it clean...

bigsef2
its too far away from cannon. zahns books were good, and after that, everything gradually deteriorated. sequels based on sequels based on sequels... before long, the 'spirit' of star wars was lost in one writers interpretation of another writers interpretation of another writers interpretation of george lucas' fine work.

Julie
Do you ever just read for the pure enjoyment of Star Wars lit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.