Random Harry Potter thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patronus
These 5 books are brilliant. I believe my favorite is the 5th with the 2nd coming in a close 2nd.

Many people here think that Cho is a drama queen, but I like her character. She is a very realistic teenage girl. And the same goes for Harry--a "clueless" teenage boy. Both of them make a very realistic teenage couple. Harry wants everything said in black and white, while Cho feeds him hints on what she wants him to say. Hermione's description of how Cho thinks is immaculate. It sums up the difference between men and women to a T.

Voldemort is my favorite character because he is so interesting. He wants to rid Hogwarts of mugglebloods when he is a half-blood himself. Did anyone in here know that Hitler was part Jewish??? Food for thought...

I have a few issues with Sirius. It's not that I don't like the character, but I always had a problem trusting him throughout the 4th and 5th book, but maybe that's just me. I wasn't too upset when he died. This made me like his character more. I was always afraid that he would turn against Harry. But now because of his death, I never had to see him "actually being the bad guy after playing the good guy for so long."
I'm glad I don't have to fear that anymore.

My favorite minor character is Lucius Malfoy. Rowling could do much more with this character, but she choses not to and I'm sure she has a very good reason. I can't explain it, but he is so interesting to me. I think the actor who plays him in the movie is perfect. Maybe this is the only reason I like him so much. He's a good character.

In contrast to Sirius, Dumbledore is a character I trust completely. I love how he is considered the most powerful wizard, but you never see him do magic. He only gives you a glimpse of what he is capable of doing in the 5th book, and you know he can do 100 times the damage. You see flashes here and there of his greatness, but he saves it for when he knows he needs it. This is why he is so great.
The fact that he knows he does not need to use his powers makes him even more powerful.

These books are very similar to The Matrix series in that the fate of all lies in the conflict between two characters. In Harry Potter, it is him and Lord Voldemort, and in the Matrix, it is Neo and Smith. This conflict is cliche, but in both of these cases exciting. Both pairs have similar abilities and it is difficult to predict the outcome (however, the Matrix was more predictable than Harry Potter ever could be). I'm looking forward to seeing the duel between Harry and Voldemort. The Matrix was exciting, but I believe that the conclusion of Harry Potter will exceed our expectations unlike the Matrix.

I really hope that the Harry Potter movies will be continued to be made. Mainly because I want to see their interpretation of the scene when the Order battles the Death Eaters. The intensity and suspense was beyond imaginable in the book. I am eager to see if film can maintain that intensity.

Thank you if you read all of this (I know it's very long).

Please reply, positive or negative, constructive or destructive, I don't care. I would just like to here some opinions on these topics or any other topics you'd like to discuss.

Lyn
I agree with what you mentioned about Dumbledore...he is an amazing character!! And also, the Matrix comparison is good...and the final Voldemort vs. Harry battle will ROCK!!

EzzyIce
wow....that was long stick out tongue

EzzyIce
but yeh, i agree. maybe not on the sirius black thing. but the rest. yeh pretty much.

Patronus
I don't know why I could never trust Sirius. I guess I was trying to expect the unexpected too much. Once again, that feeling is probably just me. I don't know. Maybe I just thought about it too much.

Candy
i liked sirius very much and was very sad, when he died. but it wass better so, a man like him wasnt made to sit at home at wait.
I dont think cho's a drama queen, i can understand her, but i think i can understand harry, that dont want to talk about cedric.
i didnt like cho, that sche wasnt at harrys side, she was at mariettas side... why? only because harry didnt want to talk bout cedric?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.