genetic research

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Well something I just heard on the news today got me a little woried and I wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

In a lab in the US (can't remember which) scientists took a stem cell from a mouse, and turned it into a sperm cell. Then they proceded to incert the same mouse with the newly created sperm cell and now there is an embrio growing inside the mouse. They stated that if the baby mouse develops succesfully and ends up being born, it would be kind of the succesfull cloning of an animal being developed in the own animal.

Then they went on to saying that if successful that gives the possibility for women to have their own children, by turning their own cells into sperm cells and then have them inserted to fertelize their own egg.

To me this is too weird and to scary. It's playing GOD to much. Something very wrong has to come out out of all these testings. And the other question is since the cloning of the sheep a few years back.... when will we stop?...

yerssot
yup, is perfectly logical to get your own kids ...well, for women that is, guys will be more tricky and need a women who will carry their child

playing god to much? well, only if you believe in religion roll eyes (sarcastic)

nothing wrong can come out of it, in theory, it's waterproof
though some egocentric, fat-necked people would probably clone themselves if it goes through
it can mean that since it's a 100% replica, people who need, ie, a new lever they can clone themselves and get it from the clone and with that saving there lives.
though for that, you need to grow a "unit" and afterwards killing it to get it to save your own live
and I think that most goverments won't accept this cause it's killing an innocent life

Robtard
Was the punchline here that "women can go and **** themselves"?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Was the punchline here that "women can go and **** themselves"?

Holy delayed jokes, Batman.

Dr. Leg Kick
Genetic research in the manner of cloning can save millions of lives via organ harvesting.

I'm all for it.

inimalist
not to mention the millions who would never be born due to genetic screening

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by inimalist
not to mention the millions who would never be born due to genetic screening

This would be a good thing. The earth is waaaaaaaaay over populated.

inimalist
not Canada...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
This would be a good thing. The earth is waaaaaaaaay over populated.

Ever been to Africa? The American west? Australia?

Fvck that, New Jersey has hundreds of acres of unpopulated land.

Also the moon.

inimalist
we can also populate vertically now smile

Symmetric Chaos
Ver-ti-ca-ly?

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ver-ti-ca-ly?

http://makkah.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/burj_dubai_b.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
msn-oh

Bicnarok

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ever been to Africa? The American west? Australia?

Fvck that, New Jersey has hundreds of acres of unpopulated land.

Also the moon.

Well, I think the moon would be a good place for a lot of people

The Dark Cloud
And my prediction is genetic engineering is coming no matter what. There's simply too much profit potential in it and in the end that's all that matters to our species

Red Nemesis
Not really, humans not having lazer beams* out the eyes at will is not 'better.'

(*Totally real and not energy intensive or physically impossible lazer beams)

There are versions of the eye that are imperfect yet totally 'natural.' (So says Dawkins in Mt. Improbable.) Also: Heart transplants are not 'natural' but are undoubtedly good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.