Morgan Freeman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cgtuna21
Great actor, my favorite black actor. Among one of my favorites his best movies are in The Shawshank Redemption, Glory, Sum of All Fears, and Se7en

Do you like him???

Kes
Love him! Really good actor. From that list add Kiss the girl!

lil bitchiness
He is truly amazing...

He was great in Sev7n...i liked him in ''Bruce Almighty'' stick out tongue

cgtuna21
ya he was good in bruce almighty but the movie wasnt that good

CrazyInLove
Morgan Freeman, I love him! He is a great actress and one of the sexiest older actors. Someone I know shook hands with him and didn't even realize who he was until someone asked him if he knew who that was he just shook hands with.

04wayne
The best actor for roles such as presidents and senior figures in an organisation of some sort

Britrogue
I like him. He was fabulous in se7en.

botankus
He was also good in March of the Penguins. Too bad he wasn't physically in it. I'm sure he could have led those Emperor Penguins better.

Rapscallion
My favorite movies with him are Million Dollar Baby, and amistad, although his role isn't very big in Amistad>

KharmaDog
Awesome actor, one of the very best ever. Odd how cgtuna21 had to categorize him ass one of his "favorite Black actors". no expression

Even worse that CrazyInLove thinks he is an "actress". huh

jaden101
brillinat actor...superb in amistad, unforgiven, shawshank redemption

as for those who liked him in bruce almighty...he's in the sequel as well...evan almighty which is in production

botankus
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Awesome actor, one of the very best ever. Odd how cgtuna21 had to categorize him ass one of his "favorite Black actors". no expression If we're going to start categorizing his derriere, then I'm outta here.

laughing out loud

koolruningz
One of my favourite actors. He looks just like my dad funnily enough and has a similar demeanor. I first saw him in The Power Of One, and have watched nearly every movie he's been in since. He works really well with Clint Eastwood and their chemistry in Million Dollar Baby was one if the highlights for me. He was also fantastic with Eastwood in Unforgiven, he is just a consistently great actor without drawing attention to himself.

CrazyInLove
Awesome actor, one of the very best ever. Odd how cgtuna21 had to categorize him ass one of his "favorite Black actors". no expression

Well damn, how did I proof read that post and miss that?? oops! lol...

WrathfulDwarf
He was on a car accident on Sunday night.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/ap_on_en_mo/morgan_freeman

Get well Mr. Freeman.

The j0keR
I heard that earlier. sad

Da Joker
I hope that he's alright.

Heal quickly Freeman, we all love ya! cool

Toku King
I was so sad when I heard the news. Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite current actors.

BruceSkywalker
He is fine. He was his normal spry himself afterward.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Toku King
I was so sad when I heard the news. Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite current actors.

Even though he's not a leading man, and is always cast as the same mentor/magical negro character in every movie?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Even though he's not a leading man, and is always cast as the same mentor/magical negro character in every movie?

He's pretty good at that.

Robtard

Baaabaaabaaabat-mania. I'm surprised someone hasn't named Maggie Gyllenhaal as some superb yet.

He is a good actor though.

Röland
Originally posted by Robtard
Baaabaaabaaabat-mania.
That seems to be going around a lot these days.

Hell, it transformed Aaron Eckhart from a mediocre actor to an amazing actor who has been in such gems as "The Core" and "The Wickerman" remake.

celestialdemon

I guess those are the roles people of his age get. He's damn good at it, though.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Bardock42
He's pretty good at that.

He is a good actor though.

I don't think an actor can be called "good" unless they're versatile. Shawshenk Redemption, Se7en, Bruce Almighty, Unleashed...his roles in all of those movies were exactly the same. Pathetic. If anything, I think it makes him look bad because it means he can't do anything else. And in a movie where he had a lead role: Driving Miss Daisy, he was a subservient idiot.

Originally posted by celestialdemon
I guess those are the roles people of his age get. He's damn good at it, though.

Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee...

SnakeEyes
I don't think an actor can be called "good" unless they're versatile. Shawshenk Redemption, Se7en

Personally, I thought it was great in both of those movies.

Robtard
I don't think an actor can be called "good" unless they're versatile. Shawshenk Redemption, Se7en, Bruce Almighty, Unleashed...his roles in all of those movies were exactly the same. Pathetic. If anything, I think it makes him look bad because it means he can't do anything else. And in a movie where he had a lead role: Driving Miss Daisy, he was a subservient idiot.

That's his niche and he's good at that. He was good in Shawshank, Seven and Glory I thought, buy you're right, the characters all had a similar flavour.

He wasn't an idiot in Driving Miss Daisy; just a simple man and he did a great roll in that, which wasn't a "support" roll.

His roll in Brubaker broke from the mold too, it wasn't a huge role, but he played a crazy-ass negro in the penitentiary.

SnakeEyes
That's his niche and he's good at that. He was good in Shawshank, Seven and Glory I thought, buy you're right, the characters all had a similar flavour.

He wasn't an idiot in Driving Miss Daisy; just a simple man and he did a great roll in that, which wasn't a "support" roll.

His roll in Brubaker broke from the mold too, it wasn't a huge role, but he played a crazy-ass negro in the penitentiary.

"role"

celestialdemon

He's versatile. Have you seen a lot of his movies? He did Driving Miss Daisy and Lean on Me in the same year. They were completely different characters, and both were Oscar worthy. Besides what you've mentioned, he has great roles in Nurse Betty, Unforgiven, Glory, and Street Smart (a very powerful performance playing a pimp). Give the guy some credit.

They've had about as much a variety in their roles as Morgan Freeman has recently.

Robtard
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
"role"

Good job at pointing out a typo, if you'll notice, I didn't make it in my last sentence/last time.

Da Joker
Any update on his condition?

TRH
I Hope He is ok

Grinning Goku
One of my favorite actors. I hope he's doing better.

Robtard
Watch, if he kicks the bucket, someone will say "TDK was his best role ever"; probably followed by a "RIP".

ScarletSpeed

He won a Golden Globe for best actor in Driving Miss Daisy...

Impediment
What's wrong with him?

ScarletSpeed
Car Crash, apparently he is in critical condition.

Robtard
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Car Crash, apparently he is in critical condition.

"The actor "has a broken arm, broken elbow and minor shoulder damage, but is in good spirits," according to a statement from Donna Lee, Freeman's publicist. A hospital spokeswoman said Freeman was in serious condition but would not discuss his injuries.

"He is having a little bit of surgery this afternoon or tomorrow to help correct the damage," Lee's statement said. "He says he'll be OK and is looking forward to a full recovery."

Report from 1 hour ago

Da Joker
Watch, if he kicks the bucket, someone will say "TDK was his best role ever"; probably followed by a "RIP".

I've seen his other movies and hell no TDK ain't his best role, only some dumbass fanboy would say that.

Robtard
Originally posted by Da Joker
I've seen his other movies and hell no TDK ain't his best role, only some dumbass fanboy would say that.

Would this be irony?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
One of my favorite actors. I hope he's doing better. My fave role of his is the one he played in Glory.

Röland
Originally posted by Da Joker
Says the guy who proclaimed Aaron Eckhart to be an amazing actor after seeing "The Core" and "The Dark Knight".

Da Joker
I'm assuming you think it's his best role? For shame....

Eckhart was pretty damn good in those movies. Don't agree? That's your opinion, and it's good that you have one, but mine shall stay.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
My fave role of his is the one he played in Glory.

Yeah, that was a great film.

Toku King

chillmeistergen
I don't know why Eckhart's been brought into this, but he is a pretty shit actor, I don't think there can be any doubt of that.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I don't know why Eckhart's been brought into this, but he is a pretty shit actor, I don't think there can be any doubt of that.
I confess I've only see Eckhart in the Dark Knight, but I thought he did a very good job as Harvey Dent. I'm not going to argue that he's a great actor, as one film is hardly basis to argue as much, but he was far from shit in the film. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Of course, many poor actors have put in one or two good performances, and vise versa, I'm sure.
I suppose acting ability is unquantifiable, and therefore the argument about whether or not he's a good actor is entirely futile. That being said, I must admit I feel an inclination to discount anything said by "Da" Joker and side with anyone arguing against him.

alexa_24
He is Great actor!I love him!

edwinian
Really talented... and it's cool he got started late.

J32
one of my absolute favorite actors...and Shawshank Redemption my number 1 movie ever...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.