The dumbest thing you've heard about LOTR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
Mine would be..

ROTK during the spider scene
some girl: god this is such a rip off of Harry Potter

(BAH! Stupid people. There's a HUGE difference between Shelob and Aragog!! I think someone should go back and tell me which came first!! ...) mad

at the end of FOTR
man: so whats happens
His wife: I think the director is banking too much on a sequel

Another one...one of my friends' mom said at the end..."I thought that was supposed to be a giant snake" (shelob) I know she hasn't read the books since she was 16 which was a good 30 years ago BUT COME ON!!

Whenever Frodo smiles at Sam, one of the kids at the back asks his mom, "Mom, is Frodo gay?"

When Gwaihir and his brothers came to the Black Gate, one of my friends yelled, "WTF did they come from?!? Ive never seen them before!!" (THIS coming from someone who's seen all 3 films and read the books)

After FOTR, someone said, "Where are those two going anyway, what's there mission?"

During Two Towers, someone said, "Why is everyone calling Boromir Aragorn?, didn't Aragorn die in the first movie?"

"I hear this is the last one."

"This is the one with the guy from POTC"

"Well, they left that open for a sequel."

What's yours??

Kitoky
Omg!! Those are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Well....my friend said she refuses to go to see LotR because she's afraid that it'll help beat HP in Top Box Office...I kinda went like '.....'

Aurora
"Isn't the LOTR for like..... *silence*..... geeks?"

"I wonder if that elf has a girlfriend in that wooded place." Yes I have heard that.

"This would make a really good book." UM..... ok. Which pill did u skip?

"I'll just wait and rent it." R U CRAZY????

The Unknown
Did someone actually say the one about it making a good book, lol?

Aurora
Seriously!!! It was a girl who was setting in front of me last year at TTT. My guess is that she had been living in a box for the last two years and had no idea where she was.

hobbit_lover
omg!! how stupid could that girl be lol..lol..lol

I saw rotk tonight for the 2nd time and I was sooo mad when ppl were asking the person they were with is "frodo if gay" mad that made me sooo mad i wanted to shout NO FRODO IS NOT GAY WITH SAM!!!! grrrrrr.......it makes me mad!

hobbit_lover
oops is "frodo Gay"

kalantiaw
i can see how they can make that assumption... it's just the way they stare into each other's eyes... i'm not saying they're gay... i know they are not gay... they are just good-- very good friends... some say soul mates...

and i think that it was desperation in their eyes... that they feel they are alone and their death is near... that is why they look at each other that deeply...

anyways...

i heard this one guy ask his buddy if frodo was gonna be in the movie...
and if the ring still existed...
and what the hell the movie is about...

puny human mad ...

Aurora
OMG. Ppl are so funny.

The Unknown
I know they're not, the movie does sometimes does make you think it, like Frodo always says "My dear Sam" and stuff like that, and even after the Ring was destroyed (when they all met up again), he still looked at Sam like that way. When Sam came to the door, they both stared at each other for a few seconds, but they're just good friends. yes

Aurora
They share a special bond.

Member.
"Dude, what's up with the ending?" ~ end of FOTR

ilvorlandobloom
"Why do the elves have long hair?"
"wtf was that round ball thing that Merry looked into?" they actually called Pippin Merry....
"Why does everyone want the ring?"
i have some pretty clueless friends...
"Didnt they make a book after this?"

Gotwa
I overheard some guys talking about Gandalf.. "Who was that really old guy with the staff?"

I heard people cry during the scenes of Shelob.

I even heard some guy ask who the really ugly thing was. (Gollum/Smeagol)

ilvorlandobloom
haha, really ugly thing...

badkittykitty
my friend who refuses to watch them visited me while I was watching fotr and he asked me"is that dumbeldor?" when he seen gandolf!

the same friend said to me "this is about dungeons and dragons right?"

I swear the whole visit I wanted to slap him!

ilvorlandobloom
i would have really slaped him... dungeons and dragons... lmao

badkittykitty
lol I told him yea it is "I knew it was a losing battle" laughing out loud

LanceWindu
I would have taken the REAL Dungeons and Dragons movie and turned it to the side and shoved it straight up his ass.

BackFire
The dumbest thing I've heard is from the people who complain abou thow the film is unfaithful too the books. Like they can't grasp the simple fact that film and book are two completely different mediums that can't be compared, like TV and Radio. They take totally different aspects to be good, what makes a book good, won't make a movie good, infact, it will probably make a movie bad, which accounts for so many movies that are crappy, yet still faithful to the book the story originated from.

ilvorlandobloom
yes! i am so mad at my friend right now cuz she hates ROTK cuz it 'doest follow the book like it should.' im like 'hello! of course it doesnt! (moron)'

Exa
"Why does the angel kill people?!?"
"Hey must be a fighting angel, man..."

Ariadne
Wow. There are some pretty stupid, deprived people out there.

Kitoky
Lmao, these are so funny

"why are the elves leaving their cities? Are they going to help the men fight?" - RotK

"Isn't there a sequel to this?" -RotK

SilverFighter
Okay folks I'm going to post this. This is the stupidest most ignorant comment some jerk made in line when my friends and I were getting the tickets last sunday "lord of the rings is racist because there were no people of skin in it only white people" it made me so mad miffed

Gotwa
I had people ask when they were going to make the fourth movie...Hmm..

I had someone ask who the giant eye thing was, I had someone ask when Sauron was gonna die.. and yes, I heard people say it was racist too =o

LanceWindu
My uncle...God bless his sole, because he is a fan...can never get character names right.

He calls Saruman Sauron...and he doesn't think that the real Sauron has a name.

realworlddreams
after i saw it, i was walkin by the lines for the theaters, n yelled ," I CANT BELIEVE FRODO DIES!!" and some woman was all pissed off she was like, "NOW U RUINED IT FOR ME!"

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

shadowy_blue
ROTFLMAO!!! laughing laughing Angel..Legolas looks like an angel but...OMG......... laughing cluelesss people...tsk, tsk.. laughing

Gotwa
LOL i did that too realworld =o

OrliNElijahsGrl
I think that Frodo and Sam have the most beautiful friendship, i absoulutly adore it, they are there for eachother and help eachother out, frodo would of not made it without sam! The way they look at eachother, what they speak to eachother, the closeness they have in one another, its so beautiful and touching, because they would die for one another, they would risk their life to the fullest to save one another, that is such a wonderful and tight friendship and it just touches my heart to see what a beautiful friendship they have! They are not gay, they just love eachother like brothers, they have that deepness of a friendship that nothing could break, they are almost like brothers, its wonderful!

Back to the weirdest things heard about lotr, well its not about it, but this was rather funny, 2 guys come in after me and my guy friend came in and found out it was sold out (this was last saturday, would of been my 2nd time seeing it, and his 1st time seeing it) the guys asked for tickets for ROTK and the girl said it was sold out, and he was like: you gotta be shittin me

it was funny! ALSO i heard 2 little kids ask "what is wrong with that elf guys ears? why are they so pointy?"

HAHAHAHAHA

and ive seen a 30 year old man cry seeing ROTK! And ive heard "why the hell is frodo so pale?" when he was stung by shelob and sam thought he was dead

HAHAHAHA crazy ppl

Smodden
ok, listen when the cave trolls came out pushing the siege towers in rotk, someone behind me said:

"Hey i though the troll died in the 1st movie?"

lol

OrliNElijahsGrl
hahahaha now that is funny!!!

my friend..my silly friend...when frodo first knocked gollum off the edge and he fell in that gap, i knew gollum wasnt dead (cuz i knew from the book that he didnt die until the end on the cracks of doom) and she was like "is gollum dead now??" "hes dead now..he has to be" and i just looked at her with this "hmm who knows" look because i knew he wasnt dead

hahaha silly friend, hobbits are for kids, dont ask..lotr mood today

Smodden
hmmm sily mood?

ilvorlandobloom
that one about Legolas the Angel is funny. hey, i cant blame them, i mean look at him, he is an angel... wink

ilvorlandobloom
omg, the 2nd time i saw it the people next to me kept in talking and it was obvious they had never read the books and at the Shelob part they were all "Is that a real spider?" lmao

Ariadne
You can always tell who isn't a serious fan if they ask someone whether they've see the first two movies. And why would you go see the third if you hadn't seen the others in the first place?

Smodden
exactly. how can they stand to not see the first two

shadowy_blue
Because they are not true fans.

shadowy_blue
When I was sitting in the theater watching it, right at the beginning (with the Smeagol flashback), this guy in front of me leaned over to his wife and said "Wait, this is a prequel? I thought this was supposed to be the third sequel!!!" I just shook my head, then kicked his seat and told him to shut it.

Member.
Some people are just not as smart as us.

GABRIEL05
i.e. great gatsby

Melkor_TheEnemy
Those are some real dumb people, of course it is understandable that not everyone will know as much about LOTR as the people on this forum but come on! Some of those things people said was just plain stupid

Merry Christmas everyone

Gotwa
Okay. I heard the mother load. I'm sitting there.. and some guy taps my shoulder.. and goes.. 'What movie is this again? I heard it has magic in it, and I wanted to see it.' I almost strangled him.. -.-

mailedbypostman
lmao rofl lol smile
I'v had people ask me if gandalf was dumbledore's twin. And to think these people have such knowledge of harry potter.

mailedbypostman
Also, "wait, those elephants are huge!!" at the oliphaunts scene.

The Unknown
To be honest, I thought it was possible that he could have died and PJ changed the ending, lol.

Member.
How is it possible to fall down a crack and come out unscathed? Many people thought Gollum died then.

BackFire
Another completely moronic thing I heard during the film was when some idiots in the crowd couldn't resist the urge to yell out "Mr. Anderson" after every line Elrond said. How moronic can you get? Don't they realize how completely stupid they sound repeating a veyr generic and old joke that was kind of funny the first time I heard it back in 2001...man...I seriously wanted to punch those dipshits in the face.

Member.
lol, that was in the top ten thread, ahahahahahahaha.

ilvorlandobloom
wow, some people are so clueless... wink

shadow link
in the tow extended editions at cinema (after fotr) since it was so long these guys -

one of which hadnt seen it he thought that the 2 movies were like together and he said aftetr that he kept asking is the 2nd one starting yet and he was like falling asleep (probably because he was tired not because he was bored) and he woke up and he was expecting them both 2 be over

and was like "omg wtf was that just the first 1!!! hasnt the second even started lol i sort of felt that way coz they were so long lol it made me laugh

Gotwa
Well yknow. If the books I wanted to be made into movies, WERE, made into movies, they'd be about 4 1/2 hours long each.

Gotwa
It's on book 10 right now. stick out tongue

Hegemon875
This is from someone right here on our very forum, I did a straight copy and paste.

"I know this is off topic but-
do you think they will make a lotr 4
just curious man"

LanceWindu
laughing out loudrolling on floor laughinglaughing out loud

Hegemon875
It's in the "Sting" thread

pinksuezo
First off, GOTWA WHO IS THAT CHICK IN YOUR SIG?????

second, i read online (possibly in this forum..not sure), how som1 went to see the first lotr, fotr, and at the end of the movie some guy sitting in front got up and complained to the people he was with that whoever made the movie obviously was ripping them off with the ending just so they could make a sequel.

Verity
That the movie was too long...smile

Kitoky
Actually..one of the most stupid things I heard was from a co-worker of my bro's and we went to see TTT and the guy didn't see FotR yet and so when we left the theater he said "I wonder who that Elf girl was."

mailedbypostman
In the words of my math teacher:Poor, deprived children.

Kitoky
The words of my math teacher : "Switch to decafe."

muse5
mom, is frodo gay.... lolololololol roflmao.... omg that is the funniest thing i have ever heard, wasn't expecting that

azszhz
the stupidest thing i've ever heard is when i was in the mall (like around january after fotr came out) and someone was near the book store staring at the lotr books saying "I can't believe they finished the books before the movies. What kind of moron does that"

now thats just sad

A.D. Skinner
I can honestly say that this world is filled with those that should not be allowed outside and to communicate others.

When I saw ROTK the 1st time, I was seated next to one of these individuals. He leaned over and asked if I have read the Novels as he did, to which of course I replied that I had...he then looked directly at me and said " I can't believe that Arragon dies at the end of this one "

Needless to say, I wanted to smack him right then and there, but simply answered him, in the calmest tone I could..." Yeah, but who would have guessed that Gandalf was the one to Kill him ! "

I later changed seats...I do not like stupidy

Verity
What the f**k? Who the hell was that?? Pff!!

Corlindel
blink

That hurts.
Whats the thread? I must see to believe smile big grin

SilverFighter
I heard this one yesterday at the theather from some guy:
"Hey, whats the name of the little one with the ring?" (then this other guy reply) "I'm not sure I think his name is Willow".

I was just cracking up laughing laughing

Hegemon875
The thread is entitled "Sting?"

undomiel
This one girl asked if she should see ROTK even though she hadnt seen FOTR or TTT yet

The Unknown
Well, technically, he does die at the end, due to the appendices. big grin

Pegasus
Those people shouldn't come if they are only around to make a disgrace of the movie......they should be booted out of the theatre.....LOTR is pretty serious and does not need little jokes in between.....that joke could turn a fan into a 'I think LOTR is stupid' person if they really took it seriously.........well on the opening day we sat beside this girl who kept asking 'whats he doing?' on some moments I felt like saying: BE QUIET SO WE CAN FIND OUT!!! wacko

Pegasus
They got that idea from: www.pointlesswaistoftime.com
It was in my local news paper and i read the first 10 maybe and I was really offended and thought it was really stupid and left the site.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.