World Cup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
group A group B group C group D
France Spain Brazil South-Korea
Senegal Slovenia Turkey Poland
Uruguay Paraguay China USA
Denmark South-Africa Costa Rica Portugal

group E group F group H
Germany Argentina Japan
Saudi-Arabia Nigeria BELGIUM
Cameroon Sweden Russia
Ireland England Tunisia

Sorry if some names aren't spelled correct.

Ratcat
Looks like England are screwed then!

finti
oh yeah give up before the first whsitle is blown. Let them have a try they do good, ENGLAND cool cool cool

Texas
roll eyes (sarcastic) *YAWN*Soccer is sooooo boaring........

yerssot
great, what you type doesn't come out on screen!

finti
The state of Texas is the most dull state in US

Texas
This coming from a person who lived in Arkansas!!!!!! I'm sure Norway is the juggernaut of excitement roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where is the World Cup this year?
It's always in Europe or the US roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
Yeah, I mean lets all pad up like a bunch of wimps and spend half the game off of the field like American Football.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
The WC is in Japan/South Korea, take out a map Tex and you might find it. ehh You have to move your eyes a little bit further than San Antonio bud. Well I`ve been to a lot of states over there and Texas was not the most fun. Not Texas fault though, the people I stayed with took me to church(yahoo my fav spare time activity), and band rehearsal. This dude played in a really country C&W band. I was so board , and there were no booze around. So I had to listen to iiiihhhaaaaa music sauber. eek!
Anyways I enjoy American football, but soccer is great. At least the Premiere League in England LEEDS UNITED!!!!!!!!!!! smile

sand person no. 10
can i just ask tex how a game where the ball is predominately thrown is classed as football, and while were on the topic of us sports, why is baseball the world series, i don't see any teams from england or france competing. was the sport invented by native americans before thet knew of the existence of other countries?

finti
They also made the song "WE ARE THE WORLD" big grin

Texas
I dont give a rats ass about baseball, so heck if I know why they call it the World Series!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

American Football palyers wimps?
Oh please!!!! Soccer has absolutely no physical contact, it's like, let's run back and forth like prancy little girls and kick this ball back and forth, HOW DULL!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Good thing the World Cup is in Japan this year, there not savages who riot every other game, how barbaric roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
am.-fottball-players wimps or not, it IS mighty strange that they call it football, and then refer to real football as 'soccer' mad

Texas
roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah

Texas

queeq
Oooppppssssssss....

yerssot
and what on earth made you think we would use that stupid phrase?

if it was "I don't brake for Bjork" ok, but no...!

mah

Texas
I tried to find a bunch of freaky looking letters to make it look more kewl smokin' cool smokin'

as usual I succeeded cool smokin' cool

mah
as always: roll eyes (sarcastic)

Texas

mah
the kewl boy tex strikes back roll eyes (sarcastic)

Texas

ToMacco
"You know I find that Tex character, to be a little odd"

Texas
I can assure you I'm even
rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Who'd wanna use it?????

No physical contact in soccer??? Clearly never watch it then.

King Jedi
Or played it.

mah
one guy in my class, has Vinnie Jones as his hero, and I'm not talking passing tecniques or goal-scoring abilitys, if you know what I mean. no physical contact you say? visit our class playing football.

Texas
Wimpy sport,
wimpy sport stick out tongue
evil face

yerssot
ok fly-boy, answer this...

what is the wimpiest sport?
American football (where they were protection)
or
Rugby (where they don't were protection)

and for godsake, watch the Champions League! Then you will find out that there IS physical contact!

Ratcat
Rugby, outstanding contact sport. Knock the asses of those American Footballers!

yerssot
not so known here, but when there is a game on BBC (if I'm correct) I always watch it!

Texas
You have to wear protection in football you idiots! Unless you like broken ribs, necks and backs! What happens in soccer, Oh, someones knee gets bruised!!! Ohhh, poor baby!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
now, what's the most physical sport?

and rest assure, there are a lot of broken leggs in european soccer

Texas
Boxing!!! smokin'

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
I've played Soccer, Rugby and American Football and American Football was by far the easiest game of the three, plus all those offensive/defensive line switches make it a nice easy game.

Ratcat
I would have thought something like Ice Hockey personally.

Ushgarak
Yes, the whole "You HAVE to wear prptection in (American) football' argument is so amazingly shot down by Rugby that I am surprised that anyone still uses it.

Texas
That's why American football players dont look like Rugby players, we wear protection big grin

Ushgarak
So long as they can pick up the ball...

sand person no. 10
i remember a scene from friends where Ross played rugby with a load of english rugby and got his ass whooped, i then remember an episode where the "friends" played TOUCH american football. point proved. Secondly each team has two teams, an offense and defense so even if the 50cm thick pads don't do the job they get to rest for half of the game. I suspect the roughest aspect of american football is some of the crowd.
lets face facts, table tennis is more dangerous. those tt balls don't half sting. maybe i'll wear a helmet next time. laughing out loud

Texas
*shakes head* roll eyes (sarcastic) Why do I even bother roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Don't worry Tex, bud. I'm here to back you up.

You guys all suck. People have died after playing football. You break your arms, legs, neck, back.

I play ice hockey, and that is pretty damn rough, too.

finti
Boxing is cool to bad the sport is corrupted

Texas
I like watching Women's Boxing on HBO smokin'

Ushgarak
Far more people are injured playing Rugby than American Football, To. That's hardly a ringing endorsment of the sport, but I'm trying to work out exactly what your point is.

yerssot
keep on working because it's not easy!

There are more broken leggs in "soccer" then in your football

ToMacco
You know what? Who cares? Why are we arguing about this?

Ushgarak
I have no idea... in any case, England do NOT have an easy time ahead!

Texas
*giggles*that's a surprise*giggles* evil face

finti
Well the US are not going to last long, I think England will go through after they beat Sweden, Nigeria and draw agains Argentina(my fav to win the WC). I think England might reach the semis. I hope they win the lot cause then football truly is coming home

yerssot
Costa Rica is a big surprise here

King Jedi
Don't mention Costa Rica!! It brings back memories of 1990 when they shocked us and won 1-0. sad

I've never been injured playing Rugby but have broke my arm, wrist and ankle playing football.

I can't see England getting past the group. They're playing the best team in the world, the best team in Africa and the team that had the best qualifying record in Europe. It's too tough.

Texas
I've never broken a bone in my body smokin'
But I did get a wicked bruise at a Metallica concert sad

finti
I have broken som other peoples bones both in American football and Soccer, never broken any of my own bones.

yerssot
what is this? it's a topic about the World Cup, not how many bones you have broken!

finti
I can break your bowns belgian blue, so just be careful buckwee

mah
if this is a topic about the world cup, lets talk about the womans world cup in handball, now, norway beat uruguay 48-11 yesterday, very good match big grin ................you're not very interested in this, are you?

finti
handball sucks, and who cares about women sports anyway.

mah
that's not very nice. women should be treated equal, also in sports.

yerssot
you didn't know mah? finti is only interrested in men!

mah
laughing out loud

finti
i ll watch men doing sports while women cuddle up around me on my couch big grin

yerssot
the dreamthread is further away; first door on the right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.