attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
big attack on Yasser Arafat, he's unharmed (the attack was on Gaza-city, and he was in Ramala, but his helicopters are destroyed)
Suspects: Israelits (yes, spelling-error)
Explosions in Jenin and Bethlehem

mah
well it was the israel government, and I think it was a stupid move by sharon.

Texas
I'm so sick of those Isralies and Palestininans! Jesus!!!!
Just blow them all up!!!!!!
I dont even know why America cares anymore! We have bigger problems!!! Theres no oil in Israel, let them do what they want!

yerssot
tex... you want the WHOLE explanation about this, because for ones it hasn't anything to do with oil

mah
you want to blow them up? well that's the normal american way

I hope you didn't mean that, tex.

Dim
He doesn't...well..I hope he doesn't.

Texas
Honestly Mah, I dont care what happens to either one of those people!
That's all they do is fight! We do everything to try and help, but they never get anywhere!
I could care less!!!
Israel and Palestine are two little sand dumps that do nothing for the US! I dont even know why we still help them!
Leave them alone to kill each other is what I say at this point! roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
for crying out load mate, what's the matter with you?? most of those people are not fighting, you're saying 'so what? leave them to die'?.
you have been helping? no.

are your opinion normal in US?

yerssot
I'm sorry to say this, but...
you are very ignoramus! You don't know the whole history about it, so don't say they should be killed!
And rest assure! America HAS something to do with it!

Texas
I cant speak for everyone in America, but as a horny 20 year old male, I say I am disinfranchised!
No progress has ever been made.
I am saying that America should stay out of it!
I also dont understand why we are so involved with that situation anyways? confused

yerssot
USA felt responsible for the holocaust, they gave away land (that is now Israel, because it's their Holy Land)
why are they still allies?
because all the big shots in the American economics are Jews, Bush has to follow them...

(this is the short version and mind you, if you want, I can give you a whole explanation that's about 4 pages!)

mah
tex:it's because USA is stated as the most powerful nation, and maybe they should think about others too? bush has no knowledge of these topics though.

you are seriously scaring me a bit tex, you're all ''we don't need to help others, but everyone should support us'' or something like that. you're meanings are scary.

Texas
I never said we shouldn't help others, because we should.
We have been helping these people for decades, to no avail. It's time to throw in the towel and let them be.
USA responisible for the Holocaust??????? and you were all me ignorant! roll eyes (sarcastic)
This problem has been around long before old Dubya came to power, so dont try to push everything on him! roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
I'm not. I'm saying it's stupid to support the israel-bombings.

I don't think USA is responsible for holocaust, but they are responsible for a whole lot of other things.

Texas
Yeah, yerssot said that about the holocaust roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's really a no win situation.
Last night after the attacks, CNN interviewed Sharoms spokesperson and he was cursing and fuming about Arafat,
I was blown away! These people are suppose to be trying to have some sort of cease fire and they are literally cussing at eachother infront of the world! So I'm sittng there watching this, and I am like 'THis is ridiculous, these people are hopeless' roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
You can't preach peace to violent people. It's really sad.

mah
tex: well those might be ridicolous, but the normal man and woman in those countries are innocent. the international society shouldn't stop trying to help the many who suffer from the actions of few.

after what you wrote in your first post, I thought you said ''to hell with all of them!'', but you might have meant something else after what you're writing now.
you're not as evil as I thought maybe? confused

Texas
I think spongebob square pants should go over there in his snappy pants and try to work someting out smokin'
rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Me Evil???????
embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment Well I'm flattered Mah, but I'm not evil, just diabolical evil face

ToMacco
I think I know where Texas is coming from, mah. I know he doesn't actually want to wipe them all out, but it never stops over there.

It would be like trying to train a dog to play poker. You could yell at it and hit it, but it's still not going to learn. These people have been brought up to hate each other for hundreds and hundreds of years. Nothing we say or do will ever change that.

mah
it is true that it's damn difficult, but at the same time it's not right to stop helping, and certainly not right to support the bombings now.

ToMacco
Yup, very true. And I'm sure the world will become invovled.

finti
Why is it always Israels fault, what about those Hamas nuts?They dont want peace. They did this suicide actions this weekend to torpedo the peace talks. They knew the Israelis would retaliate so ..... lets bomb a jew bus or two so they blow up some palistinians in retaliation. There are too much hatred and anger down there. I for one have a hard time seeing any peace, two much extremists on both sides, and they dont blink when it comes to killing innocent people.

ToMacco
I just don't understand how killing will resolve anything. You can "hit" the enimy a million times, but they're still going to get revenge.

Where does it all end?

mah
the israelians doesn't always get blamed, it's pretty even.

finti
Nobody started a thread bashing Hamas for their attacks

mah
for a long time extremists on both side has been attacking and killing eachother, and innocent. now the israelian government has attacked, that's something else.

finti
why is that different. half of the palistini government support Hamas.

mah
not true

finti
Yes it is, if you saw the news today, a palistini representative bashed Arafath for aresting militant palistinians, most of them Hamas people. He claimed that the palistini government is splitted in the middle about the entire Hamas thing. Somhow I take his word over yours not true Mah.

mah
if you say that, ok. but arafat is the boss.
even so, the israelian government has acted worse than the palestinian, arafat asked for 4 days to find the guilty, sharon bombed.

yerssot
ok, I'm back and have to say something to Tex;

What I ment was that the USA had the feeling that they could do something about the holocaust, like intervining sooner...

Ratcat
Quite frankly I find myself strangely not caring. It's sad because it just proves that I have become so desensatised to it all. sad

Ushgarak
American support for Israel is a vital part of their foreign policy.

They CANNOT pull out of the situation because:

1. Israel is a friend of theirs. No matter how wayward a friend becomes, you don't just leave him in the lurch. Anyway, America has interests there.
2. It would be morally reprehensible. It looks bad now, but believe me, it could be MUCH worse. And much worse it would be if the international interest left
3. America bears a certain amount of responsbility for it. America - not alone, but they were the major movers- created Israel. One way or another America (and others) were involved in creating the current situation. You can't just cut and run.
4. It CAN get better. It really can. No matter how hopeless these things seem, they can get better. I'm not saying it will, but it can. They have before in history- and many times in situations where people said there was too much blood and history and things would 'never' be resolved. In fact, much of the modern international community is built on the principle that disputes can be resolved. it might sound naive but it woprks better than many think. The Middle East has to be the great-grandaddy of ALL such trouble spots. If there is ever going to be a problrem in the world that is solved last, it'll be the one. But that;s no reason to stop trying.

It's ugly, but it's not hopeless. It is also of value to you. So that is why you stay.

mah
if your friend robs a bank, you HAVE to support him, is that what you say?

Ushgarak
Well, that's not a perfect analogy. But to answer the spirit of your question, my point would be that while you may disapprove of a friend of yours robbing a bank, this doesn't necessarily mean that you abandon im and never help him with any problems again.

mah
i agree with that they should keep helping ( as I've said in earlier posts), but it's not okay to support israels bombings, even though they're friends.

Ushgarak
Maybe not, though it is not as if the US is outright saying 'You were right to do that'; they arte just agreeing in principl;e with their right to defend themselves aggressively. The US has given Israel a fair few stern warnings over time.

In any case, it's a very complex situation and too much condemnation will get people nowhere.

mah
it's not that complex: bush says to the israelian 'do whatever you must do', and the israelians is going into cities, and trying to get arafat. this is not smart. with arafat gone, more radical forces will get more power in the palestinean government. arafat kept this under some order.

finti
Arafath is nothing more then a lip shaking puppet, Hamas does not respect him at all. Get rid of Hamas and the extremist jews the peace might have a chance, maybe

yerssot
cruel...
haven't been watching the news lately, can someone give me an update?

Ushgarak
Arafat is arresting people wanted by the Israelis in an apparent effort to show willing. The Israeli response is sceptical.

yerssot
I see... hey, wasn't Arafat attacked by those attacks?

finti
stick out tongue laughing out loud
Silly me who thought it was the Israelites. wink

yerssot
never trusted those guys anyway

*starts to turn red*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.