Shadowhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
Got a new book, called Shadowhunter with my fav character Darth Maul...
hope it's good! (and please if you post, use the spoiler tags! I'll read the book next month so...)

LanceWindu
Ok, I've read the book. I'm not going to post any spoilers, all I can say is it add's more depth to the Darth Maul character.

yerssot
hey, is it a good book?

Julie
It's an ok book. If you like Darth Maul, it could even be considered a great book. Over all though, I think there are better EU books out there.

LanceWindu
It's all right.

yerssot
still reading another book, after that it's SW-time!
(the one I'm reading now is: Discoveries and renaissance in the year 1500 sad)

Julie
i take it that you don't care for "discoveries and renaissance in the year 1500. " I don't blame you the title doesn't sound invigorating.

yerssot
I do care, but I hate it that I have to finish that one first

Julie
I know what you mean. I had to read the Scarlet Letter and Huckleberry Finn...both of which are ok books....but nothing beats a good old star wars book.

yerssot
and I thought shadowhunter wasn't old... sad

Julie
It's not....(don't worry the feeling of dizziness will pass in awhile.)

Your not going crazy....yet.

yerssot
not? ow sad

pfff, I think I'll read shadowhunter today, I don't want to wait till I finish the other one!

Julie
Good decision. Really, Shadowhunter wasn't all that bad of a book....just a bit disturbing 'cause you know the bad guys are gonna win.

yerssot
well, I find it strange that it's
1) in Coruscant
2) Maul is now known in the underregion of Coruscant

No stealth, no desolate place...

Julie
Darth Maul's a good assassin...so noone knows of him smile

Why is it strange that it's on couruscant?

yerssot
It's not a desolate place like in Heir, it's a planet very close to the Jedi, just not used of it...

What it seems is that Maul isn't a perfect assassin

Julie
Ya wanna run that by me again.....

yerssot
well, the action is in Coruscant now, the books I have are always on a place without humans (or very little) and they are now playing this adventure near the Jeditemple

Julie
Ah I see....right under their noses so to speak.

Too many people around.

yerssot
and he takes airtaxis sad

Julie
yeah...not exactly incognito....

yerssot
that bothers me bigtime!

Julie
What?????*gives Yerssot an innocent look.*

yerssot
you and his ingonito thing

LanceWindu
Well he took extra precautions so no one could find out who he is.

yerssot
but he DID run along in Coruscant...

Julie
so......????? There are so many strange beings on coruscant...who would notice one more?

yerssot
it's the point that the Sith aren't known, they use stealth, running around in streets isn't the way to do that

Julie
so why don'tcha whine about it ...yell at the author or something or just enjoy the book for what it did right! wink

yerssot
I'm not going to fly to the US to yell to someone

Ushgarak
Huh? Why SHOULDN'T he be on Coruscant? You think people are going to point at him and ay

"OOOH! It's a Sith! Cheeky bugger!"

What do you want him to do, teleport from place to place?

yerssot
a bit being sneaky wouldn't harm him

Ushgarak
Why bother? What exactly is going to happen if people see him? Assassins don;t spend their WHOLE lives in hiding, you know!

yerssot
I think that it's not his style, not black, not secret enough

Ushgarak
Style overload, yerss. It would just be dumb for Maul to stay stealthy and secret when there is no need to.

I just have these visions of Maul going on covert missions to buy some bread from the baker's now...

yerssot
and it well should be!
btw: he doesn't go there, he uses his droids for that

Master Kadub
I think something here is being missed when discussing Darth Maul and his discretion....

There are still Jedi across the galaxy and especially on Coruscant...
They would fell something odd in the force if Maul were to just start walking around...
True Palpatine was able to, but Palpatine was also the master of stealth....and Maul was his apprentice still learning...

It is better safe than sorry, when you're the last two of your kind...

yerssot
doesn't mean anthing.
If he doesn't use the force, you can't sense the Dark Side.
And when he used it, he ran away from the place in case any jedi was near to sense it

Master Kadub
Yerssot,

I'm trying to remember correctly right now, but I believe that those conscious of the force put off an aurora.....
Those not conscious of it have to be deteched....

Think about the death star in ANH, Vader felt Obi Wan as soon as he opened himself to the force...
Vader also felt Luke in RoTJ as the Shuttle headed for Endor....& Luke wasn't even opening himself up to the force....

Maul was taught well by Palpatine for good reason....survival..

yerssot
well, a book is EU stick out tongue

Ushgarak
As I have always maintained, sensing others is NOT related to them using the Force. I agree with Kadub.

However, by the same argument, they cannot sense Maul is evil or a Sith, just because he is! So he can walk safely.

Master Kadub
Yerssot,
True indeed a book is EU, but how many of the other idea's from GL's movies came from 'the books'.....hummmm?

Ushgarak,
Thank you.....but don't forget this tid bit....nobody knew of the existance of the sith for they were thought long existincted.....
He would have been felt but not in the idea of evil or good, just part of the force....or should I say a strong presence in the force...

The force is still being explained by GL in the movies to this day....let's not forget....

yerssot
Actually... after Coruscant, Aayla and perhaps one other; nothing much actually

Master Kadub
Ahhhh, yes indeed Yerssot.....but the EU lives.

finti
You are right that Vader felt Luke in Rotj, but the Emperor did not.
I think part of the Sith thing is stealth. Palpy is on Coruscant all the time, very close to the "most gifted" of the jedi`s - the jedi council. I think he learned Maul of the stealth thing or else he would have been detected long before he actually did. Qui Gon didnt know what he met on Tatooine.!!!!!!!

Master Kadub
Finti,

You bring up a valid point that sort of supports what we're saying...

Palpy is for all purposes the last of the Sith with the exception of Darth Maul his apprentice.....nobody in the temple could detech the Sith in the Stealth style of existance, because they would appear as a 'blip in the force....sort of like a glyder on a aircraft radar........it's there, but hard to detech; unless you knew it was there....you could modify your radar to pick it up, but only if you knew it was there or what you were looking for.....

Now in RoTJ, Vader deteched Luke right away because he was opening himself up to the force to Luke presence....remember Vader told Luke that the Emperor had already forseen the actions to come....maybe not in detail, but he was prepared for the arrival of Luke; as was the Emperor....
Maybe Luke didn't open himself up to the force, but he was being searched out in the force by Vader.....

Ushgarak
There is not the slightest it of evidence that you can sense people because of their Force powers- EVER.

All examples in the films have people sensing MINDS, not Force power. Vader and Luke are very good at sensing each other because of their family bond.

Julie
If the force is actively used a jedi can sense it thought, right ?

Ratcat
What aboput when Vader senses Ben on the deathstar? That one isn't too clear on exactly what Vader is sensing. A presences could be a mind of a Force attribute.

ryamathart
I thought that book was great. I mean it really showed you just how bad a guy Maul was. I think that anyone who likes darth maul or wants to know how the whole trade federation thing started. It to me three days to read it cause I couldnt put it down.

In fact I think everyone should read the book.

Ushgarak
RC, i tCOULD be that Vader is sensing Obi-Wan because of his Force power, but simpler that he is simply recognising the mind of his former Master. What we don't have is any evidence that you can sense Force use, or a person because he 'has' the Force.

Shadowhunter did strike me as pandering to the Maul fans a little too much.

Julie
ha. There have to be books that "pander" to certain people, Ush. It makes them feel special. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.