Sting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Yo, just sat down to watch The Two Towers and at the beginning with Frodo & Sam have to capture Gollum, Frodo takes his sword out whilst Gollum has Sam trapped, well Frodo says to Gollum "This is Sting, you've seen it before!"

Just wondered what he meant by that? was it the name for Bilbo's Blue Orc sword or something?

nazgulinthedark
i think sting is the name of his sword, and bilbo had threatened gollum with it before, becuase it was bilobo's old sword

Member.
yea, it was bilbo's sword.

Aurora
I will be the silent person in the back just nodding. yes yes

Member.
lol

Discos
ok cheers, I never knew that Gollum was "sworded" by Bilbo, I take it this is in the book, or the EE of FOTR as I have only seen the EE of TTT so far, I just dont usually have a good old spare 4hrs+ to spare, I had to make alot of changes in my daily routine to go see ROTK,

Vegeta13
I know this is off topic but-

do you think they will make a lotr 4

just curious man

confused

nazgulinthedark
no, lord of the rings is just a trilogy, of 3 books, so thrre movies, but tolkein wrote other books, but of these charcters and "the lord of the rings" that consists only of three books

Kitoky
There's a LotR 4? Where!? confused

LoL, ok well there's no LotR Four, it just consists of 3 main books (trilogy) unless you want to include The Hobbit which is the prelude to the trilogy. And PJ is said to be doing it after King Kong.

In the Hobbit, Bilbo went on his journey and blah blah blah blah got his sword, met Gollum in the caves, played the Riddles in the Dark game, got the ring, defeated Smaug, went home, and happily saved Bag End from those Sackville Bagginses.

nazgulinthedark
smile yup, that biblo's story

Kitoky
In a 1 sentence summary with lots of commas.....

nazgulinthedark
smile yup

Kitoky
Sooooooooo Discos......hope that answers your question..... smile

nazgulinthedark
smile i think that does it

Kitoky
Well.........so hey aren't like those Nazgul swords like so awesome and soooo totally better then Sting.

nazgulinthedark
yeah, they are much more awesomer they rock! rock

Kitoky
Dude post a Nazgul sword compared to Sting.

nazgulinthedark
can do! just a second!

nazgulinthedark
ringwraith sword
http://www.kultofathena.com/images/ringwraith.jpg

frodo's puny sword
http://www.historicalweapons.com/UC1264.jpg

Kitoky
Booooo yah!!!!!! Judging by the view the Nazgul sword is a double handle one....but Frodo's is a one handed one, so really Nazgul's two, 2 feet arms versus the strength of Frodo's 1 one feet arms....no competition!

nazgulinthedark
oh yeah! go ringwraiths!

Kitoky
Uh huh!! NAZGULS FOREVER NAZGULS FOREVER NAZGULS FOREVER NAZGULS FOREVER!!!!!

nazgulinthedark
^ ditto ditto ditto ditto

i mean who is better than the the ringwraiths???
NO ONE!!!

Kitoky
confused Erm....everyone on the forum will probably have thoughts about us.... confused

Sifer
Ahhh, but the question is, do you know HOW Bilbo got Sting? wink

Hint: They are big, and there are 3 of them. Oh, they make a cameo in FOTR big grin

Hegemon875
Of course, He and the 13 dwarves steal it from the trolls cave after they turn to stone.

Darth Bandon
Sting is more of a big dagger that looks like a sword when a hobbit holds it.

The Hobbit link

Discos
Yes that did answer my question.

The Nazgul swords look very emmense but as that dude said the hobbit sword looks bigger when a Hobbit holds it, but still in retrospect The Nazgul swords are probably the best kick ass ones (perhaps apart from King Theoden's & "The One King's Sword"

Btw if you do have a good look in ROTK you may see that the battle of the black gate the Nazgul were over-POWERED by The Eagles mwahaha Eagles Rule

Discos - Arn't those Eagle claws much better than those Nazgul swords stick out tongue

nazgulinthedark
well i haven't been blessd with enough free time to see it, so when i do, i will tell you what i think

Kitoky
ooooooo Naz you haven't seen RotK yet? Oh my you must see it! And make sure you root for the Nazguls.....they need it.

Exa
The only problem about nazgul swords is that they have no insciptions sad sad

Lord_Andres

Discos
ah very good point, Aragon took about 5 of them to the cleaners,

Discos - never mind the huge awesome eagles smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.