Final Destination 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Michael Myers 1
I just watched this movie and i thought i kicked ass. I mean there was nothing bad about it it had everything a horror fan could want: Death (alot) gore (alot) suspense ,and pop-outs i loved this movie even though i didnt see the first one i give it a 10 out of 10. What do you guys think of this movie?

The Unknown
FD is one of my favorite horror series. The ending was sad when Clear dies. I can't wait till part 3 comes out; I hear the accident is supposed to be a roller coaster.

Michael Myers 1
i havnt seen the first one but i saw the secon one great movie

Evil Dead
The second movie had everything...........except for a coherent plot. The main plot point of the movie directly contradicts the first movie. Final Destination one was a good movie. It was nice visually and had a decently original story to tell. Final Destination 2 was a generic version of the first movie. They could not even create a new plot to continue the story from the first movie, they directly contradicted it. The worst thing a sequel can ever do is to contradict the original film. Sequels are supposed to expand the story.........not contradict plot points that have already been established.

What the hell is with Tony Todd? Okay......he's a coroner, we get it already. Enough showing him performing autopsies...........how about explaining why this man knows so much about death and it's design for human beings. This should definetly be covered in the next movie. He is probably the most interesting character of the series.........yet as of now he is merely the "creepy guy" thrown in randomly to add to the atmosphere. They need to flesh this character out.

BackFire
It seemed that these movies were made by some guy who had a bunch of ideas of cool ways people could die, and he just threw them all into a movie with the excuse of "death is doing it"

tabby999
good enough plot for me.. wink

Michael Myers 1
yea the death scenes were great i like the one when shes dreaming about the car crash that was a great part and i also liked when that kid got squashed by that thing

Lord Soth
I loved the ending where The barbecue blows up the kid laughing laughing laughing

Great movie over all: 8/10

3xsecondxmemory
i love those movies xD i own both on DVD

bunnies = omens
Definitly one of those jump in ya seat, eww movies! lol and very enjoyable. Im sad Clear died, it would have been good to keep at least one character from the 1st movie.

A Roller Coaster for 3? cool, I was expectin a train or something

Lord Soth
A trian wreck would have been btoo boring. I mean, Plane, then cars, and then a train, too formulaic. I like the roller coaster idea

bunnies = omens
yeah thats what i mean, i expected it to be a train cause it felt so obvious. But a roller coaster would be tight. If the car crash was anything to go by it will totally rock. I can picture the coaster chopping people head off and stuff

*gets excited*

Punker69
AWESOME MOVIE! i didnt think anybody liked it.I loved the death scenes they where so graphic and cool.

Striel
I loved the car crash scene.

ragesRemorse
i actually liked the first one, but watching the second i couldnt find a reason to keep watching

h0ck3yh0rr0r
first one was ok. second one was ok.

Punker69
i AGREE hockey

mikeysgothicgur
I've seen only a small part of the 1st FD movie but the 2nd was great I totally thought that movie kicked @$$. The actors/actresses were great, they had awesome death scenes, it had gore (the most important part in a horror movie) the graphics were great and it kept you on the edge of your seat. My favorite part in the movie is when Evan's (I think that's his name) body totally shatters from that huge glass sheet that falls on him. I think the whole roller coaster thing is a really good idea for #3 and I think it's going to be even better then #2 and #1.

Lord Soth
I think the glass kid's name was Tim.

Punker69
That part was so awesome.

Michael Myers 1
his blood sprayed like rain but i thought the beggining was the best IMO

Punker69
Yeah the beggining was cool!

Michael Myers 1
yea it was

Punker69
BETTER beggining than FD 1

Michael Myers 1
i didnt see that one

Punker69
Its pretty cool Sean William Scott made it funny.

Michael Myers 1
i might rent it one of these days

Punker69
Its really cool and the ending is sick.

Michael Myers 1
nice

Punker69
Hey below my name PUNKER 69 its says SENIOR MEMBER .......why?

Michael Myers 1
i dont know maybe u were here long

Punker69
youve been here longer than me.

Michael Myers 1
but i changed mine

Punker69
oh, its says that ive made 47 threads i dont think i havemade that many.

Michael Myers 1
u never know i wounder how many i have...........1338 WOW

Punker69
He is this in anybodys TOP TEN horror movies of the year?

It might have been released last year I dont know.

Lord Soth
No, it came out early 2003

Punker69
kool.So is it?

rox
what did yall think of the airbag scene inside the ford expedition and the scene where that girls head was hanging out of the sunroof of the tahoe at the 1st part

Michael Myers 1
the airbag scene didnt scare me and the girls hair part made me laugh but i loved the part when the fence cuts that guy in half.

Lord Soth
Poor Rory. It was funny as hell though laughing

Michael Myers 1
haha yea but the intestines kinda grossed me out (fiest time good job FD2!)

VENOMisCOOL
I thought this movie was great , i love how everything works out in regaurds to the kids deaths after the preminision, like when their in the car and the gasoline leaks and when it explodes the bared wire goes through the guy, and how at the end its like its not over and death is still after them. it was a great movie.

Aini
it sucked

VENOMisCOOL
it wasnt as good as #1 but ii dont think it sucked thats my opinion anyway

Cinemaddiction
I'm going to go out on a limb here and actually ELABORATE why I liked the movie! eek!

I liked Final Destination 2 because the cast was a lot more tolerable than the previous one, especially with Devon Sawa out of the picture, having been killed, thankfully, between 1 + 2.

I also enjoyed 2 because of the randomization of the deaths. That way, nobody can use the tired "it was so predictible" excuse. Not even the fact that everyone was going to die would be applicable here, because not all of them did, and the ones you expected to, did not.

The special effects were even better this time around, as was the extreme nature of the "accidents", and of course, the gore. There were some rather uncredible deaths, however, i.e. being crushed by a thin pane of glass?

All in all, I enjoyed it throughly, and I still think that along with Scream, Final Destination is one of the more original and entertaining franchises to come along in the past decade, which has been full of more teen horror crap then I'd like to mention.

I realize that it may be the opinion of others that the movie didn't interest them, but next time, how about explaining why? I like to talk about movies. Not interject random, 2 word opinions and call it a day.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aini
alright, explanation:
everything in that movie exploded. (kinda like at the simpsons where even a slide explodes). the car crash at the beginning and the boy at the end, was kinda stupid and I didn't like that. I'm not a big fan of fire (to say the truth I'm terrified of it, it's a phobia i guess) and I can't stand watching ppl burn.
also I don't really like the story of both films. It say (for me), don't save anybodys live cause they're suppose to die anyways.

Stormeister
Its a really good movie and CA your right its one of the most original franchises in a long time which is kind of sad

Sarah15
i thought this movie was good..i like the ending better in this one then the first one..

Stormeister
Yeah me too wink

Sarah15
awesome.. stick out tongue

Stormeister
yeah big grin

Cinemaddiction
Out of respect to everyone in this thread, reserve the chit chat for PM's, so we can stay on topic, save the 2 words replies.

Thanks. big grin

Stormeister
Good movie big grin

tabby999
if its anything like the first one then it's gonna be shit. the first one was crappy, i didn't like it at all. it was "horror moive by numbers" as far as i am concerned, nothing amazing about it at all.

Cinemaddiction
Err, "Final Destination" is like no other horror movie, vice versa, and don't bother commenting if you haven't seen the 2nd one.

You'll fall under the "cinematically prejudical" category, along with my buddy Vengeance, and he doesn't keep very good company.

Stormeister
"Cinematically prejudical" big words im having trouble keeping along confused

Yeah if you havent seen the second dont bother posting in this thread wink

Cinemaddiction
Judging a movie before seeing it. Not too hard to decipher.

Wolfie
I loved the first FD. The second one was really bad in my opinion. It hasn't ruined it enough for me to see the third one when it comes out.

tabby999
by saying he dosn't keep good company and your his friends, are you saying your bad company wink

and i watched FD2 yesterday and i can honestly say i want my money back. while it was well shot, the special effects were good and whatever, the movie still sucked arse. while i disagre with backfire or evil dead (i cant remember who) said that it went against the first movie, they do actually talk about why there in the situation they're in, how the people who should have died affected other peoples lives and altered deaths list now deaths connecting the loose ends.
but it is so damn over the top, i'm a fan of friday the 13th, jason CANT DIE, but i still find this movie to much over the top. at the start in the preminition the guy falls off his motorbike, and it goes shooting off to the side. then you see him sliding along with the bike back behind him, where it smashed into him with a splat and a spray of blood.
now you turn on ESPN and see Troy Baelis come off of a 500cc superbike at 200 km/h slides across the ground and into a wall, bouncing all over the place, then get up and walk away, a bike wouldn't do that to you.
the kid getting splatted by the pane of glass also gave me the shits, a human wouldn't simply disolve like that, and the glass would have simply sliced the shit out of him and smashed on him (killing his, but not spraying him like that).
mr black "know all about death man." as randomly as the first one, simply is found, and with no questions, starts babbling about death and all its details. why does he know so much? where did he come from? why is he helping them? these questions arn't even glanced apon in the movie, and it makes it that damn annoying that i wanted to turn off. but i didn't i watched it all so i could comment.
well theres my rant

kaztiyo
will there be a fianl destination 3?

Wolfie
I saw FD2 again and found it a little better. It still doesn't compare to the first one.

Death is working backwards. Too easy for Clear to see and the lamest twist to the plot ever!

I liked Devon Sawa in the first one. I wish he would've been around for the second.

The deaths, for me, were very predictable. Especially when the guy got impaled by the ladder. The first one's deaths weren't so predictable, such as Sean William Scott getting decapitated by the train and that chick getting hit with the bus.

With FD3, I think it's official now that it's about a roller coaster accident. They have been saying that the third one will answer unanswered questions (or something like that). Maybe we'll learn why the Candyman knows so much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.