The Eagles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
well, since there are about to be and already are many Nazgul/Ring wraiths topics, I was wondering if anyone thought differently and noticed that The Eagles totally rule!

I prefer the eagles for 3 reasons,

1) They are on the good side and help our troubled allies at the Black gate

2) They totally almost annhialated the Nazgul at the Black Gate

3) Erm, I have 3 tattos of Eagles roll eyes (sarcastic)

orlisgrl15
im on the same boat w/ you. the Nazgul may look awesome but the Eagles are so much better. i thought it was pretty amazing how they showed up in the end and saved the day somewhat.

Camellia
Plus they helped Bilbo and Gandalf all those years agobig grin

Kitoky
Noooooooo NAZGUL FOREVER!!!!!!! The Nazguls got more screen time then the Eagles!!!

hobbit_lover
The Eagles are awesome!

Darth Bandon
Yes, I love their music.

Kitoky
Nazgul's music are soooooo much better man!

Verity
That was one of my favorite parts! I wish I could get a good picture of them....

Vegeta13
well nazguls are kinda easy to beat

well with gandalfs Stick
big grin

LegolasIsMyMan
Eagles all the way, die stupid Nazguls

kalantiaw
yes indeed... hotel california rocks!!!

Kitoky
*gasp* *writes LegolasIsMyMan on her hunting list* You best watch it

fini
OMG , when i saw that moth in ROTK i just started cherring( me and my brothers alone in the whole cinema KNEW WHAT was coming next)

THe eagle rocked and they would be stronger than the felled beasts since their wings are lined with muscle and when they dive they cant literally kill whatever in their way. ANd they got beaks that could clip anything into half

dont get me wrong the nazgul were great , but eagles weren't given enough screen time( and book time) for people to appreciate them.

Discos
yep, also their sharp claws would do some damage, I have an eagle tatto tearing threw the scottish flag it looks pretty nasty

sauron
hmm wait a minute *sauron has flashback*

picture the scene you are frodo, your with sam and smeagol in the dead marshes, sam is asleep

gollum: hmm now to talk about my evil plans in full hearing range of the hobbits, one of which is only pretending to be asleep llike they were when i first got caught, goddammn im stupid

frodo: hmm how did you know i was awake

smeagol: musnt ask questions ya nosey bastard

frodo: im not a bastard im an orphan, and a hobbit, you were a hobbit once *dramatic tune plays on next word* SMMMEEEEAAAAGGGGGOOOOLLLLLLL

smeagol: what did you call me

frodo: that was your name wasnt it

smeagol: my name?

frodo: DAMN SAM WE GOT THE WRONG MUTILATED CREATURE HERE

*from the skies* REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

smeagol: AHHHHHHH

sam: im awake yey, what the........DARK RIDER

smeagol: wraiths on wings

frodo: wraiths on wings, arent they a band?

sam: why yes my lov..i mean mr frodo, they were at the green dragon not 3 months ago

nazgul: reeee reeee *does loop to loop* wheeeeeeeee *back to evil* reeeeeee

(here comes the actual POINT of this story)

sam: i thought they were dead

smeagol: oh nooo, you CANT KILL THEM NO!

^^^^even though i tampered with that scene quite alot, he still says they cant be killed, therefore making them invincible, so they would win^^^^

Darth Bandon
Nazgul can't fly. It makes more sense to talk about the Eagles vs the creatures the nazgul ride.

telcontar
thts a gud point....do those beasts have a name? cos whenever there being mentioned they always refere to them as 'fell beasts'

Discos
I am not sure about the names but the Nazgul and those "fell beasts" still have a somewhat advantage against the Eagles - The advantage being that the Nazgul and fell beasts count as 2 persons.

The Nazgul are dead kings and should not be afraid or feared by anyone but still Eagles rule them at the Black Gate.

Fini I see where you are coming from, I was also very excited after seeing that crature appear and knew what was happening next - not sure if it was Legolas who said "look it's the eagles" (or perhaps just a soldier of Minus Tirith)

telcontar
Ithink it was Merry who shouts "the eagles are coming"

Discos
ah I see, makes more sense now. Also I would think that Frodod & sam should have at least left/sent a thank you card to the eagles after their rescue by them (*cough* Gandalf too *cough*)

Fire
Nazgul's on horse's are a lot better than on those foul wyvren thingies

the eagles totaly rule the flying nazgul's

Linkalicious
Life in the Fastlane!

Lord_Andres
fastlane?

Jade_Eyes
Gandalf calls the main eagle by name. What was it?

Is there more info in other writings about them?

telcontar
Gwaihir th Windlord was the "main Eagle". his brother was Landroval

Jade_Eyes
Ahh yes, cool.

thx

Verity
Anyone got a good pic of the Eagles??

Corlindel
huh

It seem that all of you made somekind of confusion between nazgul ( the ringwraiths) and the "Winged Creatures" they ride. Theses Winged Creatures don't have any other name, just Winged Creatures, so it 's possible some confusion about this mather as you did, calling them Nazgul.

I prefer the Winged Creatures stick out tongue But I know no one is comparable to the great eagle Thorondor, my favorite "good" animal of Tolkien's books.

Discos
ah, I did look on google image for an eagle picture from LOTR,

I thought it would be somewhat cool if a human (say keeper of the eagles) took the eagles to the battle of the last alliance and Isildur gave the human special powers to turn into an eagle/human (by using the power of the ring) but then the eagle keeper became tortured by the evil power in the ring so he decided to turn up to the black gate to help Aragon etc destroy the ring (or by time for frodo to destroy the ring, whatever) and then the ring is destroyed and the eagle guy doesnt get his wings anymore....but for instance Gandalf gave him "non evil" powers to become an eagle....

Discos - ah the obsessed eagle fan

Darth Bandon
They appear in the hobbit to.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/images/eagles.jpg

Discos
haha very funny, but again I tried looking on google web pages and image pages but still nope, there is a cartoon version though

Exa
Gwaihir can already be seen in FoTR, but I don't have a good pic - does any of you have one?

Lord_Andres
here is another one a sec later

Exa
Thank you smile

Lord_Andres
anytime wink u have helped in so much that I've asked

Exa
smile
Does anyone have a pic of Gwaihir crossing the mountains?

Lord_Andres
hold on

Lord_Andres
here is the first

Lord_Andres
and the second

Kitoky
Nazguls are better......

See!?!?

Lord_Andres
they suck, the eagle kick their asses at the black gate

Kitoky
Ah'll kick your ass.....Sorry.......Ok I'll be good forum member....

Lord_Andres
I kinda doubt that

sauron
nazgul would win, because they cant die heeheehee

well they can but only by tricksy women and the ring being destroyed which is unlikely big grin

Kitoky
Yeah what Sauron said, And Lord Andres you need some serious attitude adjustment.

sauron
well one, isidur could not give them powers to turn nto eagles using the ring during the last alliance because during the last alliance battle he did not have the ring
2. if he did it after he got the ring then the fighting was over, and there was therefore no reason to do that
3. if he lived from the end of the second age to the end of the third on the power of the ring alone he would be decrepid lol, plus once the ringw as destroyed he would also die
4. no man owns the eagles, their master is manwe (a valar)
5. if he lost his eage powers after the ring was destroyed why would gandalf make him eagle again, thats kinda pointless

apart from a few mistakes lol big grin very good story

Lord_Andres
me? now wait just a minute

Exa
Yeess of course nazgul are better
but

A thousand thanks, Lord Andres smile) Great pix.

FreddieFreeload
Actually you would need a hobbit and a specially forged sword of the Westerness to do the trick.

Discos
erm, yes Sauron thanks for the "lesson",

Discos - Imagination

Kitoky
And just how many are those specially forged swords are there? OH I'd just say 4!

nazgulinthedark
nazgul are better anyday

Kitoky
Yep yes

Discos
I have to disagree, ha.

Anyhoo I changed my...well pretyy much whole options and now it is changed to eagles, also on saturday it is the time to get my 4th Eagle tattoo,

Discos - Party on eagles!

Kitoky
I don't care if you disagree or not, we say that Nazguls are better so nyah!

Discos
lol, nyah?

If only there was some fair way to dispute this, but there isnt so I will just take it that the Nazgul would loose, as someone said before, Aragon took on 5 of them in the FOTR, it would be pointless to even ask Aragon to take on at least1 of the eagles!

Vegeta13
F**k both of them they are equal

shadowy_blue
Are we talking about Eagles vs. The Nazgul or Eagles vs. The Nazgul riding in their winged creatures? Because I think there's no point in arguing between the Eagles and the Nazguls seeing that they are very different creatures.

Kitoky
mad Hey No negative courses man. We're discussing it.

Well The Nazguls were not on their horses, OR on their Fell Beast. Besides even though Aragorn took them on, he surely didn't kill him.

Vegeta13
i meant at like fighting or something

Kitoky
???

shadowy_blue
So basically we're discussing Eagles vs. Nazguls alone? OK...As much as I love both of them, I have to go with the Nazguls here if we are going on fighting, though it wouldn't be an easy fight mind you. The Eagles can fly, but the Nazguls have swords, and the Witch King has a mace, so, if the Eagles swooped down, then, it's over. The Eagles could dog them and then they can use their claws to fight but as we already know, the Nazguls cannot die (and the Eagles doesn't have any woman with them, LOL).

As I've said, it wouldn't be an easy battle, but picture it in your thoughts fairly, and not just because you favor either of them. wink

Kitoky
BOOYAH! Thanks Shadow
I'm happy
smile

silentfaf
are we all forgeting that the eagles are maia only in form of the eagles so them being basically semi gods or lower gods like the valar i think eagles would wipe floor with them

Kitoky
Well so are the Elves, but the Nazguls just basically wiped the floor with them

silentfaf
i dont think the elves r maia if thats true then all elves have power as close to gandalf cause he himself is maia n he can hold his ground against a nazgul

Kitoky
I know this..... you know....I wasn't born yesterday.

silentfaf
then y say elves r maia there not then y say u know this cause if they were they would b as equal to gandalf n each one able to hold his own against a nazgul which gandalf n the eagles r maia they could take on a nazgul head on

Kitoky
Because I love Nazguls too much

silentfaf
lol good point and i love the eagles but gonna say this in the end the eagles are still living and nazguls arn't

Kitoky
Phoey *goes to her corner to wallop in self-pity*

Lord_Andres

Exa

Discos
right just newly on the forumn for today so first things first - Oi do not curse whilst we are discussing a decent topic Mr Vageta!

Also many good points I have read on this 4th page, I will go see if I can adjust this topic I started to have a poll,

Also I have never really taken into account wether we were discussing the Nazgul or the Nazgul ON the winged creatures, I would still say it would be better if they were on the winged creatures!

The winged creatures certainly are alot larger than the Eagles and their wings certainly look very dangerous (from the part in the dead marshes with Frodod etc, (the sound system I have made thatscene extra special))

Lord Andres has a good point, the Eagles would tearthem to shreds (my 3rd tattoo has an eagle tearing through the scottish flag which looks nasty), but Andres has a good arguable point, the swords which the Nazgul have would perhaps cut the Eagles legs off or at least damage it enough so they could be released - I would doubt a Nazgul would like to fall a large distance from the air anyways!

Lord_Andres
eagles have large claws on their legs, and the skin on their legs is very hard, the swords wouldint do enough damage to really hurt the eagle

Discos
Yes I agree, even normal size eagles have very strong claws but I mean these are somewhat 40 foot creatures with farmore stronger textures!

But still eagles are sure to feel a Nazgul-ian blade through it to make them drop them, but I would have to say you would be right after all.

Lord_Andres

Discos
lol good point, I dont think the eagles would show mercy,

Discos
darn, cant get a poll up!

Discos
bah, due to gettting the new tattoo ata later appointment, I never got to see ROTK again sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.