Joaquin Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
the guy is such a great actor!!! Buffalo Soldiers and Signs were great movies made better by his performances. he's not as well known as say Ben Affleck or Johnny Depp, but hes just as good an actor. anyone else like him?

ahaetrkarykl
i really like him too. he was awesome in signs and gladiator, and return to paradise

lil bitchiness
Return to Paradise was an awsome film, may i add!!

I love Joaquin Phoenix...hes truly a good actor thumb up And has some awsome films behind him too...

Ray
I think he's good, but the other 'Phoenix' is better.

-> River Phoenix =)

Ray
Aaaah, Are they related????

cogger15
laughing i love joaquin, hes so great! he was totally awesome in signs and gladiator, not 2 mention he's fyne!!! lovebig grin

hobbit_lover
I love Joaquin Phoenix I think its really cool how he could transform from a really evil caesar to a really funny brother in signs hes really great he should be in more movies!

ahaetrkarykl
yes they were related

Ray
In which Relationship were they to each other...??

Kes
Brothers.

Lyn
Really?? Wow...didn't know that.
I thought he was at his best in Gladiator..."Am I not merciful?!"
But he was really funny in Signs...

Elondra
I love him but the scare on his face really annoys me.Don't ask me why cos I don't know

total metalhead
he got that scar from an operation i think

cogger15
hes still sexybig grin

ahaetrkarykl
damn straight cogger. he is so so sexy

KillTheLight
Joaquine rox i've watched most of his movie and judging from them this guy can realy act.

Also the scar on his lip is hot i think it adds more mystery and defenition to him.

*Georgina_A*
^^ yes

I really like him. I think he's a great actor.

JFro
is it me or are him and jude law frekishly alike

BBG

supertruper
I love that little scar too... for some reason, I just love men with slight imperfections that just make them so unique. I am so excited for his new movie, Ladder 49! I liked the Village, and I just cannot wait to see J.F. on screen again! Happy Dance
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PF/PF_973662.jpg

JFro
ladder 49 look s good...kinda

KillTheLight
I cant say I've really noticed that. Although Ray liotta reminds me of Joaquin sometimes but maybe thats just me.

BloomBabyGirl
i dunno now that i look at it they dont but they always remind me of each other

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/oscars/73rd_academy_awards_preshow_photos/joaquin_phoenix/oscars2.jpg

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/events/2002/charityauction/galleries/celeb_auction_gallery/images/small/jude_law.jpg

supertruper
I can see the resemblance....we should compare pics of when Ray was young...like in Good Fellas. Liotta uch a solid actor...I think Ladder is going to be pretting good.

desiringhaydenc
Oh yeah,Joaquin is a great actor,I like him alot. River is one of my favorites too.Joaquin is a cutie too....Especially in these pictures.
Click the links.wink

picture1

picture2

KillTheLight
wow he looks hot in those pix

BloomBabyGirl
he looks like a goth crackhead huh

LadyDeath
sorry guys...but he is ugly

iLovJoaquinPhnx
ladder 49 looks aesome...Joaquin is goin to be on Oprah tomarrow , spptember 20, 2004, his scar is a birth scar he ot it from birth...he was aweosme in Bufflao soldiers...thast my FAVORITE MOVIE which is weird b/c im only 13 and no one else in my school even sawe that movie or most dont even know him unless i say he was in signs....the village was hott b/c he was jsut so sweetin it and u can tell he is a really , really sweet guy in real life and he is insanely attractive! ugh! muahzmuahzmuahz rock rock stick out tongue Happy Dance angel smile big grin

iLovJoaquinPhnx
i knoaw all the speech-like lines from signs and i know his "when there is peace teh war like amn..." speech from buffalo soldiers. he s like sooo gorgeous...a goregeous person inside and out. hes brilliant.

I LOVE YOU JOAQUIN-RAPHAEL-BOTTOM-PHOEINIX!

ThatOneAlto
I think Joaquin is a great actor! He's one of the few men who can actually cry on cue! And be good at it! He was great in Gladiator and Signs. Awesome movies.

Can't wait for Ladder 49! ^_^

KillTheLight
yeah i totally agree

ladygrim
thse pics are cute. smile

KillTheLight
check out the pix on this site
http://www.6x9.net/gallery/Phoenix_Joaquin/aag

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
*gasp* I LOOOOVVVVVEE JOAQUIN, Ive loved him ever Since i saw Signs. Even more as Lucious in The Village.
He looked so damn cute on Oprah 2 days ago, I swear i didnt know his hair was naturally curly since it was always short but he looks so so cute like that. He's so shy, its adorable.
Ladder 49 will be awesome!

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Does anyone have any Joaquin Phoenix pics? There arent many JP sites out there and ive been searching for a while.

supertruper
OMG- I saw a Ladder 49 screening last week, and I highly recommend Ladder! JP is truley outstanding, not to mention totally hot....
A must see.

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Well I could've told u that n I havent even seen it.

Kella
laughing out loud Right on....I've loved Joaquin for quite a while...I can't remember the name of the first movie I saw him in at this exact moment, but I saw him for the second time in Clay Pigeons...and then Gladiator....and then Signs....and then the Village....OMG....eek!

I never talk much about my many obsessions...I tend to focus on one at a time...but ooh....he's worth breaking my rules for. big grin

Kella
Return to Paradise!!!!!!!! OMG How could I forget that movie?! YES!!! That is the first movie I saw him in. OMG...I bawled my eyes out. It was so frickin good! love

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Never heard of it

Kella
OMG AFO....you have to rent it! It came out when I was 16 or 17. So that would make it uhm...in 98. So it's like....6 or 7 years old. But OMG... so good. You'll cry. If you love him....you WILL cry! cry

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Awww Okie dokes...

supertruper
I will rent it too. Looks great. But for real, Joaquin in Ladder was outstanding...I recommend.

Kella
I planned to go see it. It looks awesome in the previews....a little Backdraft-ish, but still worth seeing. I love Joaquin and John. They both rock. rock

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Im seeing it this saturday, Its what me and my mum have been discussing for...months.. hehe. Its kind of become an obsession over seeing this movie lol

supertruper
Cool Vamp~ I have not seen a movie like Ladder come out of Hollywood in ...too long. The film is genuine, exhillerating, and a real tribute to firefighters.

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Good! big grin I cant wait for Tomorrow big grin

LoSt_
Can anyone please send me/find me the sound clip of Joaquin from signs going "IM GONNA BEAT YOUR A&& *****!" Cause i loved that and I want it so bad

ahaetrkarykl
i just wanted to agree with you on return to paradise. that was such an awesome movie. Joaquin was outstanding in that movie along with vince vaughn.

LoSt_
I watched Parenthood with JP in it yesterday, i didnt know he was in it and all of a sudden i saw him I was like "MOM ...MOMMMMM LOOK ITS JOAQUIN!!!!" cause she knows how much Im in love with him.lol.

supertruper
That is so funny! I totally forgot that Joaquin was in Parenthood...with Keanu Reeves as his make shift "mentor".... Joaquin was a great actor even then, imho. he sure has grown up! It was endearing to see JP in his fatherly role in Ladder.

LoSt_
Totally! And thats what my mum said too she was like "man he's grown up since then." and He looked so gorgeous with that blonde hair and as it swayed down in his face. I was like *drool *drool**

supertruper
Jacinda was better than I expected in Ladder.... not bad for her first movie role, imho.

LoSt_
You mean the girl who played his wifey? Or what.
Im such a sentimental idiot, I was literally tearing up when i saw them in bed and he kissed her i was like..awww.... lol.

supertruper
Yes, Jacinda was the wifey. She was discovered when she was in The Real World, London.

LoSt_
I knew i remembered her from somewhere. Nice.
I just cant get enough of Joaquin, I just now made an AIM name for Joaquin, have a Ladder 49 one, and am about to create a Joaquin YAHOO name. smile Now thats obsessed.

KillTheLight
woohoo i finally saw ladder 49 I was like noooo at the end, even though i just knew it was going to happen.So then i thought i better watch the village again to cheer me up i watched the scene with him and Ivy on the porch over and over again.He's so sweet in that movie.

And by the way Buffalo soldiers rocked!! OMG Joaquin looked sooo freakin hot seriously drowning in your own drool hot.It's a pretty cool movie u have to have to watch it.

Ive been watching Joaquin movies all day i dont know how my heart has coped, so now I'm downloading brother bear just so I can hear his voice.

L49_JoaquinLovr
Lucky Lucky you! I dont own that many JP movies...YET!! Xmas ic oming up, and since my obsession for JP is just starting (well, almost) maybe I can get some for christmas.
All I have right now is Signs, Space Camp, and Parenthood. Pathetic ey?
Have you seen Joaquin's butt before? Man that thing is nice, I just wish I could pinch it.

KillTheLight
yup i saw his butt somewhere along time ago, but i didnt want to pinch it. It was sending me more of a BITE ME msessage sp_ike big grin stick out tongue

Apparently theres a some good Joaquin butt moments in 'the yards'

Also here's Joaquin in commercial about turkey i watched it about 17 times cuz i jammed the play button on my real player but i didnt care cuz i got to see Joaquin alot.

go to the last link on the page to see it

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/media/tv.html

And hey i doesnt matter how many Joaquin movies u own.Like u said xmas is coming soon, soo practise ur, I'm a sweet child and i love my parents and i cant breathe without seeing joaquin phoenix look whenever there around and soon ur bedroom will be a shrine to this hot thing that has come into ur world.

L49_JoaquinLovr
LMAO My mum knows im TOTALLY obsessed with Joaquin. Every time I due something out of the ordinary due to his cause my mom laughs or gives me a look like im retarded.
BTW if u want the bum pic I can message u on AIM. If u dont thats fine smile

KillTheLight
Hey I was reading the JP board on IMDB and i saw this info apparently on a new movie he might be in

"Voltage promises to be a high octane erotic thriller from the brilliant mind of Robert Altman (Nashville, Gosford Park) and stars Hollywood hearthrob Joaquin Phoenix (Ladder 49, Gladiator), as well his ex Liv Tyler (Empire Records), both of which starred in the film 'Inventing the Abbots'.

The story surrounds Alex, an electrician (Phoenix) struggling with sexual identity issues, and in an effort to solidify his waning heterosexuality, he consults a sex therapist (Tyler). Things spiral downward as the therapist ends up missing and the electrician is the prime suspect. But the mystery turns more deadly when Alex begins having sexual flashbacks of the missing woman, as well as other missing people. In an effort to find out more, he must evade the police while seeking answers in the dark recesses of the world and the mind."

I was like woohoo and yay cause we can defiantly expect lots of naked JP moments in this movie if it's true.

Also I watched Brother bear that movie is sweet i knew who Joaquin was the moment i heard his voice and i was like kisss

L49_JoaquinLovr
Sweeett..Hope its true. I wanna see some nekidness.. smile

I downloaded Ladder 49. Here's a cute lil present for ya.

KillTheLight
i just need 2 be where she is and i'd be in heaven

L49_JoaquinLovr
Oh yah me too!! big grin I bet Joaquin'd be a good daddy. Id love to have his babies.heheh.

KillTheLight
lol hell yeah imagine all the fun u'd have making babies with him.

L49_JoaquinLovr
LMAO *Visualizes* Oh my god, what fun....big grin laughing out loud

KillTheLight
:wonders how Joaquin is spending is birthday without me:

Any way hope he's having a great time all the same stick out tongue

happybday

L49_JoaquinLovr
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOAQUIN!!!!

*Blows a birthday kiss*

KillTheLight
i'd like to give him more then a kiss

stick out tongue

L49_JoaquinLovr
hhahah yeah

KillTheLight
Hey you have to totally go to this web page u can download all of Joaquins Recent tv interviews.

All i can say is laughing eek! stick out tongue drool love big grin

http://www.joaquinphoenix.us/

L49_JoaquinLovr
I havent been here lately. Ill check it out.

~DaPirateFreak~
Coolzy laughing my mum was drooling over him yesterday when I had signs in erm She was going on about how she loves his eys

MornGlory
my fav Joaquin Phoenix is To Die For?

he had a great mullit! (sp?)

if you haven't seen that - shame on you smile

L49_JoaquinLovr
To Die for came on this morning while I was asleep, *sniff* i missed it.

Dude what sux about this site is that you cant take the pics off *Dies*

KillTheLight
crybaby*also dies*

runs of to haunt the owner of the site bye

L49_JoaquinLovr
yeaaa

KillTheLight
OMG I just watched 'quills' Joaquin Phoenixnotworthyhe just gets hotter in every movie I see him in. you should totally watch this movie it's weird. I was finding it hard not to make out with my own freaking tv I absoultley loved him in this movie.

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/screen/quills001.jpg

~Freak-N-Crazy~
We got it yes...Its pretty good...apart from certain...parts

KillTheLight
yup still trying to erase that one partshock how long did it take you?(i just cant look at Geoffrey rush the same ever again Ive been avoiding potc web pages on purpose) no expression

Anyway seeing Joaquin Phoenix as a hot priest guy helps to ease my pain stick out tongue

sooo hot

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/screen/quills101.jpg

~Freak-N-Crazy~
laughing I still havn't...Doesn't help that some1 in the POTC forum is obsessed with him and has him on there siggy no expression

shugie99
I like Joaquin and think he was amazing in gladiator. I did not like him in ladder 49. he is much better in the sort of evil/distrubed gladiator type roles.

KillTheLight
I liked him in both but yes i must admitt he does suit playing the role of the evil disturbed villian he has the look for it.Plus I think he's a great actor and can pull of most of the roles he plays. What other JP movies have you seen?

Falling4Daniel_
How did you not like him in Ladder 49? Thats like saying...The hottest man in the world is an ugly bastard.

KillTheLight
laughing thats funny and true! But I think she just meant she perfered the type of character he played in gladiator more then Ladder 49.( I dont know I could be wrong) wink

Falling4Daniel_
Wow. I see.

KillTheLight
Thought this thread could use a pic to attract any new JP fans
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/out0399_01.jpg

KillTheLight
This is one of my favourite JP pics (not that anyone cares)but here it is anyway
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/prada02.jpg

miahera
he doesn't look like his brother. ever since I saw his performance in Gladiator, he just creeps me out. I guess his disturbing character hit a nerve.

KillTheLight
Well it is only a character after all.You should watch some of his other movies like inventing the abbotts he plays such a sweet guy.I think he's great whatever role he plays.

miahera
oh but it hit a nerve. ::shivers:: saw him in Signs, but he had a MUCH smaller role there.

Loving_Daniel11
Old JP fan here, Hehe. I watched and taped him on a re-run of Oprah and where they spoke of Ladder 49 and the firemen.

KillTheLight
I guess it's still only me and you that really Likes JP stick out tongue

Omg you are so lucky I still havent watched Joaquin on oprah but i'm sure it's somewhere out there on the net I've just got to be bothered to find it.
I watched him in inventing the abbotts a couple of weeks ago he was so sweet and he looked really really good faintthud.I loved everything about his character him and Liv Tyler made a hot couple.

KillTheLight
nobody likes Joaquin anymore cry

Loving_Daniel11
Do too. I even memorized one of his quotes from The Village, which we've watched it (me mum and I) in two weeks time, about 4 times. Today we're watching it again. Mwahahah.
Lucius: "Sometimes we dont do things, yet others know we want to do things so we dont do them"

KillTheLight
aww I need to watch it again Joaquin is so sweet in that movie.

Loving_Daniel11
So very sweet! I loved when Kittie spoke of her wanting to marry him and he just stood there with that cute face, my mum and I laugh at that every time.

Caribbean_Chick
I havent seen any of his movies but he looks like sucha a sweet guy and is soooooooooooooooo hot!!!love

KillTheLight
yes he is.

draconigena
Not entirely sure how to do thumbnails, so if this doesn't work, sorry!

Quite possibly the greatest picture ever... (probably been posted already)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/butwhystherumgone/abl.jpg

And, yes, OMG beautiful...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/butwhystherumgone/acm.jpg

He's definately one of the greatest actors out there right now. I really hope he starts appearing in more movies!

ETA: Grrrrr! I can't get the stupid thumbnail thing to work! Sorry!

KillTheLight
it's cool we can still see the pics droolio happy

KillTheLight
his new movie seems cool and this guy just gets hotter with age

charmedFairy
whats his new moviehungry

KillTheLight
'Walk the Line' he's going to play Johnny cash seems pretty cool.

charmedFairy
havent seen it on tv yet, hopefuly soon.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/joaquin_phoenix_02.1.jpg

hungry

KillTheLight
Thats cause they havent shown any trailers for it yet ..cause it's still in Post-production but it's out this year happy.. it's going to be sad movie .....cry

charmedFairy
grr i just hope its not as sad as ladder49cry

KillTheLight
well lets see the movie is about johnny cash's life and he's dead now.. ..so go figure.

charmedFairy
meh ladder49 was really sad for me, the whole begining from when he was a kid to how he meets his wife to his kids and then dies, dunno but dont think walk the line will ever compare to ladder imo as the sadest movie iv seen him in.

KillTheLight
but you knew he was going to die in ladder 49 it was waay obvious ..it was sad the 1st few times but i guess when you've watched it 20 times....you just get immune to it.and plus you cant say you wont find walk the line sadder seeing as you 've never seen it.

you need to listen to johnny cash's version of 'hurt' that song is so sad..

http://launch.yahoo.com/ar-298105-videos--Johnny-Cash

^ watch it here listen to the lyrics ....cry

charmedFairy
is that song gona play in the movie if you know, yep its pretty sadcry

KillTheLight
probably will be played cry

Morning_Glory
the lady that played Joaguin's wife in Ladder 49 .. she was pretty

Ignite
i didnt know this thread was here!!
hes a great actor!
one of the best...hes getting better with
every movie...

KillTheLight
yup ..happy

Morning_Glory
yep... everyone loves Joaquin !!!! such a cool name too happy

KillTheLight
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
yep... everyone loves Joaquin !!!! such a cool name too happy

I think so tohappy

He changed it before to Leaf cause he was all like yankees wont be able to pronounce his name properly...but then he changed it back to joaquin after a while ...happy

Morning_Glory
he is from the the Phillipines??? or where is from...

he has an american accent...

of course so does Charlize Theron .. but she's South African...erm soo...

KillTheLight
he was born in Puerto Rico

Ignite
lucky Puerto Rico that he was born there!

charmedFairy
http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/fans/dsktps/dsktp01.jpg

hungry

charmedFairy
dunno if anyones seen these b4, but some pics of him as a kidno expression

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/babfam/family01.jpg

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/babfam/baby03.jpg

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/babfam/family07.jpg

http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/babfam/family03.jpg

KillTheLight
I've seen the 1st and last pic before ..happy

Morning_Glory
is he a vegan?

KillTheLight
yes he cant wear leather shoes...it cracks me cause in some pics he wearing a nice suit and his shoes look like crap ..awww

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by KillTheLight
he was born in Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico is practically apart of america..no expression

smart

KillTheLight
no expression

charmedFairy
I wonder what his brother looks like now, he kinda looks cute in those picsembarrasment

KillTheLight
blink you do know his brother is River Phoenix..who is now dead right????

charmedFairy
what!!!cryhow..when... embarrasment

Ignite
river died october 31 1993..

charmedFairy
how confused

Ignite
ummm they said it was a drug overdose, i think it was outside the viper room niteclub...cant really remember...but his brother was with him...its sad

KillTheLight
yeah it was a drug over dose outside Johnny depps viper room..and yeah Joaquin was with him and so was his sister i think...I really cant believe you didnt know this Cf....

charmedFairy
embarrasment dnbfkbgjbxg

KillTheLight
go rent My Own Private Idaho it's a cool movie with keanu Reeves and River Phoenix ..they were close friends in real life too..cry

charmedFairy
cryi saw a pic of them too on that bike

KillTheLight
aww..so have you never seen the movies Stand by me and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

charmedFairy
i saw temple of doom embarrasment

KillTheLight
shock...cryyou need to go rent stand by me right now.cry.....shock...and then you need to go rent the Indiana Jones trilogy....even though he's only in the last crusade..you still need to see raiders of the lost ark ..cause Indiana Jones rocks

Ignite
omg u havent seen stand by me??.....
Do as killthelight said..rent it...rent it and the buy it and watch it over and over....cry

Loving_Daniel11
There'snt any way you CANT see that movie.

Ignite
one of my friends is a huge fan and she didnt see it...
hell she didnt even know he was dead....poor river..cry

charmedFairy
Originally posted by Loving_Daniel11
There'snt any way you CANT see that movie.

When did it come out confused I came to the states in '97, I was only..9 embarrasment

KillTheLight
it came out in the mid 80's but it's been on tv a million times......cry

Ignite
lucky!
its only been on t.v like once here..and that was....3am 7 years ago!!

KillTheLight
i actually own this movie....so I can watch it whenever i want ..happy

Jackie Malfoy
He is one talent and cute actor.I want to see him in that movie will Mel Gibson "Signs"JM love alien

Ignite
u shuld see it! its a really good movie..not to mention hes soooo hot in it!!

killthelight - ..i must buy that movie i think....for the good of man kind.

charmedFairy
Originally posted by KillTheLight
it came out in the mid 80's but it's been on tv a million times......cry

i mustve missed itcrybut i thought about it yesterday and it slightly sounds familiar embarrasment

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>