who is tom?? IS he a nazgul or somthin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
what is he??

samIam
tom bombadil??

sauron
well there are four other threads of this, so look up one of them

hes the witchking lol

BingaBonga
NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! Anyway, no one really knows... sad

sauron
best theory i have heard is that he is tolkien himself

FreddieFreeload
His nature is quite complicated. People far wiser than me have not been able to decipher what he is. If you do a search on Google, you'll find a buttload of essays. Most of them are quite interesting to read.

Tolkien said:
"And even in a mythical Age there must be some enigmas, as there always are. Tom Bombadil is one (intentionally)."
That is quite strange for him, as he on all other matters has described the nature to the greatest of detail.

I don't know what he is, but it is my guess, that he is some sort of spirit of nature, a part of the world from the time it was created.

This quote was taken from this essay, wich is a mouthfull, but worth the read (Atleast the parts I have read are interesting and well-founded). Also check this one.

I'm not really sure what he represents outside of the Tolkien mythology, but it would be an interesting study.

Ushgarak
Yup yup yup, but as has been said. this has been done to death. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.