X-Men (The Fox Animated Series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FragileHaloRyuu
I was just wondering if someone could tell about the plot of the 90's cartoon. I watched when I was 7 or so and I remember it being pretty angsty. So if you would oblige...

SK88728
yeah, what was that about? one of my friends, she hates x men, knew about it and i never did.... laughing out loud

Kes
The cartoon pretty much followed the comics.

SK88728
i never read any comics either.........

FragileHaloRyuu
I never read the comics. I always thought the show was good though. For some reason I don't remember any of the Phoenix series or any other major story arcs. But I do remember a little of Apocalypse and one where they time traveled. I even remember the one where Jubilee joined and a stand alone Christmas episode. My favorite was Rogue and Gambit back then.

Paola
There were "The Phoenix Saga" and "The Dark Phoenix Saga" 4 episodes each big grin it ruled!!! I love that toon big grin

VallejoKid707
i need to buy the vids

Scythe
I really like it. Too bad they took it off.

FragileHaloRyuu
Sometimes I see it on ABC Family and it used to be on a local station. But that's evey once in a while. You might luck out and catch X-Men on ABC Family on Saturday. I can't watch I either forget or I am watching some anime.

Kes
Sniff...it was so long ago!And I missed so many eps! Sniff!

Zyenthillias
Anybody got any pictures of nightcrawler from the cartoon? I watched XMen a looong time ago with my brother, and then once more one day out of the blue and I've been searching for forever but I can never find any pic's of him for the cartoon!!! It's frusterating, to say the least.

FragileHaloRyuu
I didn't even know Nightcrawler even existed until X-Men Evolution. But it's kinda fun to see X-Men one day outta the blue. It only makes the series seem better. Perhaps it's a marketing technique by Fox.

kohl
i put up mini summaries of season one here.
will add the rest if they are required.

BarmyBrummie
I get to watch it every night. Here in england they show it on fox kids every night at 11 and at the weekends its on for an hour at 1 in the afternoon. X evo is also on everyday on toonami at 7am, 3pm and 7:30pm everyday. The original has been shown on fox kids for years so i've seen every episode at least 2 or 3 times. I love it but it's getting boring now.

FragileHaloRyuu
Hey thanks. I read season one and two. Are you going to do the others?

kohl
will do.

kohl
fragile: season 3 is up now.

FragileHaloRyuu
Thanks, you're so awesome!

Paola
we'll all move to England now abby!!!!

BarmyBrummie
England.......Rules.

FragileHaloRyuu
Anyone remember that dumb Christmas episode? To me it came off as lame and unreal.

kohl
the one with jubilee giving the presents to the morlocks?

Nightmare
Me too, it is quite boring, an i hate the newer episodes were the drawing style changed and som voices changed as well.

BarmyBrummie
Yeah i know what you mean but it's only the last 6 or 7 episodes.

SlipknoT
this show was a childhood favorite of mine , I still like it, its occasionally on abc family

FragileHaloRyuu
Yeah the one where Jubilee gives the presents to the Moorlocks. What were they gonna do with them any way. They lived sewers!

Paola
so you give your thumbs down to that Morlock little Christmas ep?

mesocute159
if so please post here!

Vampiree
X-men (The Fox Animated Series)

search for answers or ask this question in the thread provided, please wink have a good day big grin

BarmyBrummie
I still get the original series big grin stick out tongue

eleveninches
The DVDs can be found on e-bay

eleveninches
I dont think they are official FOX releases. Probably just from people who have recorded the Series and put it onto DVD.

Paola
I bought a VHS with 4 eps..... "Nightcrawler" and three more I can't remember right now

thorncrawler
i have seen all bar 2 episodes

n3zZ
check out kazaa.
all the eps are on kazaa i saw them all a few times.
this serie is like 1 milion times better then evoltution..its more mature etc. they should make a new cartoon serie of x-men..
but then a mature 1 smile

Twin B!tch 1
NONONONONO, don't get kazza, NEVER!!!!!!

Paola
don't talk about Kazaa wink

Magee
yea i live in Scotland (much better than england stick out tongue ) and ive seen all those crappy episodes with the real shitty sketchy animation and the crap look of their powers. I would love to see a group of people take up the task for another new x-men cartoon/anime but proparley done and sticking to the comics storyline happy happy

Twin B!tch 1
better than england?!?! Yeah right......stick out tongue

Anyway i said don't get kazza cus raz told me that it gives ye spyware or smth like that yes

Paola
but the downloads are still great wink

Iceman05
Does anyone know any good TAS sites besides DRG4's site?

eleveninches
I watched this show when it first came on TV (about 10 years ago??). It was good at the time, but I can barely remember anything from it. I remember Apocalypse tricking some mutants to go to his island, and I remember Wolverine fighting Omega red. I remember the mastermold sentinal. Did the series show magneto stripping the adamantium from logans body at some point???

I can only recall a few vague images of it now, but it was really good then.

Be@st
I watch x-men on fox kids

kohl
>Did the series show magneto stripping the adamantium from logans body at some point???

i'm not sure. at least i don't remember it happening.

RoguePw25
no, I don't think that ever happened

eleveninches
probably not. I cant really remember that much about it. sad

Paola
nope.... I'm sure it never happened..... no

DemonicGambit-2
Nope Mags never stripped Logan's adamantum. I miss this show, they don't show it anymore where I am sad

RoguePw25
yup yup

Paola
thank god for coughkazaacough.......sorry....... stick out tongue

kohl
paola, do stop smoking already. devil

Paola
embarrasment........ big grin

RoguePw25
lol

Joffy
So ya'll coming over here?! Right...how many am I cooking for then?!!

smile

Jury
Sorry for bringing this up ... but do you remember what was the First ever episode of the X-Men TAS all about?

Shadow_King
yea i do.

Shadow_King
its all about how jubilee became an x-men.

Jury
oh yeah.. i think i remember now ...

The Night of the Sentinels

Shadow_King
YEa that was a 2 part episode where in the second part CYCLOPS LEFT MORPH BEHIND DAMN YOU CYCKE DAMN YOU TO HELL. i know he was trying to save the team but DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL. except beast and wolvie cuz beast was also left behind and wolvie wanted to go back for morph and beast.

Flavio
the first one showed in Brazil was that of Storm taking the Morlocks leading blink and since then i love her character love

Shadow_King
but storm really didnt do anything about the morlocks the next time she saw them she gave her power over the morlocks back to calisto which was stupid.

Flavio
but seeing her fight hand-to-hand (or light-sabre to light-sabre) was really cool and she showed she was superior but humble.

Shadow_King
and she showed she was clastiphobia and almost didnt make it.

Flavio
yeah, i just love that ep. There's one in which i only remember it's like her childhood and she flies to high and falls, then Rogue saves her...i love it, but dun remember much, do you know which ep is it?

Shadow_King
Storm has done that a lot but i can remeber this.about when the shadow king comes back and takes over her biological son.

x-men_fanatic
Im downloading all 5 seasons as we speak. i know it might be considered piracy by some, but there is no way to get them. If DVDs were released, I would buy them. I just love the series

Shadow_King
i recorded all the most important eps so i dont really care if a dvd seaons comes out. except season 6 or was half way through where the artistry changed and thats where i stopped recording.

ÞÁØlå
he wasn't her biological son
Storm was the godmother of that kid yes

Shadow_King
OH ok my mistake.

Shadow_King
sorry.

Shadow_King
i wonder why they didnt put X-man in the X-men TAS that would be cool. you know what could even be more cooler they could the whole AOA series as a cartoon show and it should be directed to more older teenagers than 14.

Jury
Actually, X-Men TAS was primarily based on X-Men Main Uncanny Universe so there's no logical point to inlude X-Man in one of TAS episodes.

Shadow_King
oh ok then. my mistake.

Jury
messed No SK, I'm not stressing out any mistakes in yer post. Why would you say that? erm

Shadow_King
ok it feels like a mistake cuz it was a mistake.

Jury
So don't mention it... Raz actually don like a "self-pity" posts. smile

Shadow_King
i never did anything like that.

Paola
blink

Shadow_King
i liked the artist work done on this show than EVO. and i liked the voices of the characters.

Paola
dubbed version here, they called Jean "Jane" laughing

Shadow_King
????? what?????

Paola
nothing stick out tongue

Shadow_King
ok. and the mystique character was more well done in x-men tas than evo.

Paola
every character was better in TAS than in Evo

Flavio
indeed, though i dint watch much evo

Shadow_King
very correct. well cause they were adults instead of teenagers.

Jury
Yes. And TAS portrayed the CORRECTNESS of the PERSONALITY of each character.

Shadow_King
yea true i always thought tas should the best and correct personality of the x-men. and plus morph and hover chair are in it.

Paola
morph and who? blink

Shadow_King
it has the hovering chair instead of wheel chair for proffesor x

Paola
oh that!! got you! yes

Shadow_King
and the voices for the character were good. i especially liked the voices of Shadow king,magneto,xavier,apocalypse,Night crawler,gambit,wolverine,rouge and the rest are great voice actors.

XjulieX
sad they used to show them here... but they don't anymore sadsad

Shadow_King
same here. like 9 or 8 years ago. but teletoon showed repeats.

Marvel-kid
i found the old spiderman but i can find X-men sad i am hopin somone can help me in my search!

Flavio
there is already a thread for the old animation, but i think its still on Fox Kids...

Shadow_King
no its not on anymore at all.

pr1983
i know you in canada but here in ireland we get fox kids and its on regularly, and if its on hiatus itll be back soon

or if u've a good connection u can download them from various file share programs

Shadow_King
Pr we got the show first ok. the last time i ever saw an episode was on teletoon a year back. so no i think it wont be shown on tv anymore. but i think they are gonna come out with the dvd seasons i hope.

pr1983
id buy it, maybe we get a different fox kids to you guys, cos they were showing it up until recently.

kohl
yes, same here. i think the re-runs are still on weekday afternoons.

Shadow_King
maybe you europeans get the show but over here in North america its finished.

pr1983
it was a shock to me, i hadnt seen it in years and all of A sudden we get fox kids, my parents look at me strangely when i watch it

Chris Williams
Yeah!It comes on abc family on Saturday mornings.Watch for it. I am not to familiar with Your time Zone,or days.But here in the States on the East Coast it comes on Saturdays between9:00-11:00. I hope that You can get that on sattelite,or cable. I hope it works out!

Chris Williams
Cyclops is My favorite X-Man too. Scott can surely put the concussion optic blast on someone can't He! Do You think that James Marsden fits the role?

pr1983
go to the cyclops forum, it could do with a new post, cyke is my favourite, and no i dont think marsden fits the role

Paola
Cyclops thread you mean...

pr1983
oops sorry paola

Paola
nah! it ok happy

pr1983
big grin

Shadow_King
hold on X-men TAS comes on saturdays morning on abc??????

Sage Tessa
ABC Family

Shadow_King
what time. how come i was not inform about this.

RoguePw25
Oh yeah, it DOES come on ABC Family. I was down sout in Georgia, and my little cousin was watching it. It was the episode when Storm goes up against the Morlocks and becomes their new leader.

Shadow_King
ok i am gonna check this out.

VenomVA
I love X-Men TAS, I remember it first started when I was in college and I was glued to the TV each Saturday Morning. I hate Evo, can't stand what they did with my boy Juggernaut (my favorite) they drew him all skinny and stupid....URGH!! Loved the voice actors as well.

Shadow_King
you are right my friend.

Spiderman_RJ
yah i just bough my satelite tv, to wathc x men tas and 2 weeks later it was over.!!!! HATE THEM<

Shadow_King
You bought satellite just to watch TAS OMG!!!!

Paola
Spidey: you did that?! shock you must love that show... laughing out loud

Shadow_King
i didnt even know this show was still on the air. too bad i missed it.

VenomVA
I haven't been able to catch it on the air so I've been downloading the seasons. I have 2, 3 and 5 working on the others later this week.

Shadow_King
who owns the rights to x-men the animated show.

pr1983
fox i assume, i've also been downloading some but they seem to be so rare that nobody has them

Shadow_King
I am gonna write a mail to fox telling them bring X-men TAS On DVD. Their are enoguh episodes on each sesaon for it to come on dvd. for about like $40 or less.

pr1983
good idea, i'd buy it

Shadow_King
yea i know eh. but i dont know if their gonna do it maybe when x-men 3 comes on DVD or Theatre out they might do it around that time.

pr1983
yeah, to cash in

Shadow_King
my favourite episode in TAS is the whole Good vs Evil 4 or 3 prat episode.

pr1983
what happened in that one?

Shadow_King
thats when apocalyspe was taking over time. whats your favourite episode.

pr1983
one where sinister uses morph to capture jean ands cyke, then morph comes good at the end

Shadow_King
oh that episode. that was cool. i also like the phalanx saga and phoenix saga and also dark phoenix saga.

pr1983
yeah, they were pretty cool also, i liked the colossus ones also

Shadow_King
but the one i hated the most would be................................................................................................................................................................. when storm had to become the queen of a differnet planet.

pr1983
that one was a bit shit, i hated the eps that were wolvie specific also, i just never liked him that much.

Shadow_King
of course you hate him your cyclops and some of the episodes where it specified on wolvie were cool.

pr1983
no, i always thought he was a bit of a cliche, thats why id didnt like him

Shadow_King
common pr secretly deep inside you hate him because he always wanted to steal jean from cyclops.

pr1983
sure thats a reason, but when i first got into xmen i hated him cos hes mr "look at me, i'm so broody, im a loner" its like wow, that hasnt been done before, then when i found out he was tryin to steal jean, i hated him even more

Shadow_King
yea i know wolverine does act like a loner but i like his past though. And i am not a big wolverine fan Because Wolverine is like the biggest character in x-men. i really root for the underratted characters.

pr1983
me too, i just happened to go with one of the most hated

Shadow_King
yea some times i do.

pr1983
everyone does but me and some women, and i aint even gay...dammit

Shadow_King
so wait i am confused.everyone does what except you and some women?????

pr1983
like cyclops

Shadow_King
so everyone likes cyclops or just you and some othre women???

pr1983
me and a few women, most people hate him

Shadow_King
oh of course a lot of people hate this cyclops

pr1983
tas cyke? because he left morph behind?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>