Cancer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
By now, some of you may now that one of the three kids I live with and babysit daily has cancer.

If you don't, here is the story:

For the past month or so Madison, who is 11 months old, has had a very stiff spot on the back of her left leg and buttocks. We had a growing concern for this because it obviously hurt her to sit down regularly.

So earlier this week my aunt had taken her to the local doctors office to check it out, and the doctor was concerned as well, so they sent them into Las Vegas to Sunrise Childrens Hospital.

The doctors and nurses there started checking everything out and then they found something dreadful, a massive cancerous tumor growing underneath her skin. That same night they performed a biopsy on it so they could rush the samples back to a lab.

As of right now I do not know what type of cancer it is, but I have been told it is potentially fatal.

About 2 days ago they performed more exploratory surgery to check vital organs to see if the cancer had spread. It turns out her liver and spine are infected. Yesterday they checked her brain and kidney's to see if it had spread that far. I haven't been informed yet if it has.

We were told that with each organ that is infected her chances of survival drop by 10%. And right now she has a 70-80% chance to live.

The reason I am just bringing this up right now is because some guy who I don't know just stopped by the house with some information on a group that will financially support us and emotionally support us. He shared with me (since I am the only one home, her parent's have been with her at the hospital for this past week) the story of how he felt when his little brother had cancer, the chemo and the hair loss and the like. I was deeply touched that this stranger would be so open about his personal experiences and is supporting us in every way possible.

So I thought I would share our story with all of you.

Although I am not a religious man, I pray for Madison to be okay, and I would hope you could spare a few seconds to pray for her as well.

Gotwa
I'm athiest myself, but you got my hopes and wishes man. And, death is nothing new to me. I have many horrible deaths I could share. It's not a good thing to go through.

Godshinto
I know first hand what watching somone die of cancer, my father was diagnosed with esophigial cancer and with in one year I watched him die slowly this was just two years ago. I hope that she gets thru this alright, my prayers are with ya.

Gotwa
eso wha? e.e

Godshinto
cancer of the esophogas you know the food tube it was removed then it reprogressed in the Stomach that's where it killed him.

badkittykitty
ken
I will keep madison & and your family in my prayers for her full recovery and wish for patience and spiritual courage for members of your family to face this mistortune of fate.

Tied Hiker
I keep madison in my prayers, Kenny.

Gotwa
I understood food tube. big grin

Paola
I'll pray for her too Lance.... and for all who loves her

VallejoKid707
yeah i will to lance. wish you all the luck in the world.

Captain REX
Ah, that really sucks, Lance. My friend's dad and my grandma had cancer, but nothing that serious.

Storm
I can imagine how you feel. Both my grandmothers were diagnosed with cancer. Only my father' s mother survived but a year or so ago, it spread again but she overcame it. Both my grandmother' s sisters got it also. One of them was my godmother and she didn' t make it. And last Saturday, we buried my father's niece... cancer also.
And though I' m not religious, I certainly will pray for Madison.

yerssot
hey, lance, when they have done the analyse of the vital organs, you'll tell me asap, right?

mechmoggy
Thats terrible news LW. sad

LanceWindu
Yeah I'll tell you as soon as I get information.

BackFire
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that Ken. My hopes are with little Madison

Raz
I'm so sorry LW. That is terrible. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Fire
I hope she makes it man

airangel429
I will keep baby Madison in my thoughts and prayers. That is so sad for a small child to go through something that when she has not had the chance to really live. Cancer has been taking a toll on my family so I know where you are coming from. My mother died from cancer when I was nine and one of my uncles was just diagnosed with cancer, another uncle of mine passed away about a year and a half ago as well as an aunt from the other side of the family.... I wish they would just find a cure!!!!!

Once again, I'm very sorry to hear about all of this.

BarmyBrummie
My great aunt had breast cancer and she had to have all the chemo and everything. Thank god she made a full recovery. I pray that madison gets through it to. It's not a nice thing to go through but you have to stay strong and hope and pray for the best.

must_kill_Santa
i no how bad it is to watch someone with cancer my dad died of it when i was 12 he had it since i was 10 and i spent all my time out of the house becasue it was so painful

Treehuggerjanie
sad im so sorry to hear about that lance. Im not relegious but i will pray for her and i hope that she improves. Im sure that you have everyones full support and its hard to go through something like this. Just remember your not alone and there are loads of people happy to talk to you. All my best wishes to you,madison and all who know her. I really hope she gets better.xxx

Asami
My grandmother died of cancer at the same time that my mother beat cancer. Wish you all the best.

Matrix_man
my condolences towards her suffering...i hope she makes a full recovery.

LanceWindu
We're disinfecting the entire house tomorrow, because there is a chance for her to stay at home for a couple of weeks. And the chemo is lowering her immune system, so the slightest illness could kill her.

I just hope my aunt stays home from work to take care of her, I don't want that much responsibility to watch over her in this state. If anything were to happen to her I'd get the blame. As much as I hate my aunt and her rules while she is home, I need her here.

yerssot
and still nothing about the organs?

silver_tears
Lance that's really bad. I wish you and your whole family all the best, and that little Madison makes a full recovery as soon as possible!

cermiestar
i'm really sorry lance

LanceWindu
Nope. I haven't heard anything.

yerssot
darnit mad

LanceWindu
Well that could be a good thing that I haven't heard anything.

Because I'm sure they'd tell me if anything else major was wrong.

yerssot
true, luckily smile

ShadowGirl
Lance,
I'm truly sorry for what little Madison has to go through. Even though I'm not that religious, I will pray for her. My mother was just diagnosed with cancer, so I know that the next couple of weeks will very hard...for all of you. If you ever need to talk, you know where to find me. I wish Madison the best of luck. smile

LanceWindu
The people in this town (although I hate it with a passion) are nice.

Some neighbors from down the street are bringing over some food for me and the two kids.

yerssot
now THAT's solidarity smile

LanceWindu
It was messed up though...this old lady came over this morning and it woke me up when she knocked on the door.

I didn't have time to get dressed, so I had to answer the door in nothing but my boxers and talked to her for a few minutes...it was odd.

yerssot
well, perhaps she liked it wink

LanceWindu
Ewww....she was like...old and stuff...about 70-80...*barf*

yerssot
but what did SHE Think

LanceWindu
Here is what she thought: "Now this young man in front of me is the eptiomy of perfection"

Here is what I thougt: "Well of course I am hot, but still...eww."

yerssot
and here is what I think: "what is an eptiomy?"

LanceWindu
Umm...it means that I am the ultimate form of perfection.

yerssot
wear your glasses and check again wink

LanceWindu
* Puts glasses on & looks in mirror *

EWWWWWW!

yerssot
yup... thought so... you're a guy

LanceWindu
The only perfect creature I have found would be Chanel.

yerssot
perfect answer wink

Ness
o and he know 's me ha j/k confused

silver_tears
is it not epitomy blink

yerssot
that's a difficult word messed

LanceWindu
Yeah...

yerssot
can you spell it?

LanceWindu
BTW....I found out today from my uncle:

The disease Madison has is very rare...

Out of 8 million children only 8 percent ever contract this type of tumor...and then less than half of those are ever cancerous.

yerssot
have you heard anything else from him?

LanceWindu
Nope.

We disinfect the house tomorrow to get ready for her to come home.

yerssot
when will that be?

LanceWindu
A couple days.

yerssot
perfect smile

silver_tears
sounds good yes
oh and I only commented on that word cuz you guys spelt it wrong blink

yerssot
he did, I'm too dumb big grin

LanceWindu
Well stick out tongue on you Irene...I'm just a lousy misspeller.

silver_tears
meh so am I embarrasment
nothing to be ashamed of stick out tongue

beaujay1
thats terrible, but i high hopes for madison. My grandfather had cancer, but was nothing like this. Prayers really help. all the love madison, get better. smile

venomfan
hey i just wanna say there is always hope, my aunt had a little girl(Emma was her name) who had terrible kidney infections and was not supposed to live longer than 3 months, my family prayed and hoped,Emma is now 8 years old and has a little sister named grace, im not sure if prayer is what saved her but every one keep hopeing and she pulled through, so ill hope for madison and ur family too.

[[.c.dutton.]]
my friends dad died of cancer.. he was also my soccer coach... that was december 27, 2001...... my hopes and prays are with you and madison.. and everyone involved

Storm
I' m sorry but I don' t believe that prayers only cure anyone messed

venomfan
well it may or may not be prayer, but you cant lose hope

Syren
i was supposed to leave today, but i popped back to see if i had any PM's from my fella, and i found this thread.
i am so sorry to hear about Madison, and i hope she pulls thru, but don't you guys think that all these posts show solidarity for Lance and his family?
i think it's amazing that we don't know each other and have never met, but Lance can be sure that if he needs anyone, he can always come here and support will be given from all angles!
i really have to leave kmc, but my thoughts will now be with Lance and of course Madison, good luck and i really hope everything will turn out ok.

LanİeWindu™
Update

We found out two days ago that Madison's cancer is out of control, the doctor's can do nothing more for her. They sent her home to be with her family and to create memories for her 3 siblings before she goes. sad

They don't know how long she's going to last, whether it be 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.

Fiery Eyes
That is very very sad, there are just no words for that....I did say a prayer for Madison. I know first hand, it's very difficult to watch someone/spend time w/someone that has had cancer and to die from cancer. And I know there are NO words of comfort, except that I did pray for her. I'm very sorry to here this.

LanİeWindu™
I talked to my uncle after I found out and he was crying and not holding up too good.

But they are taking her and her sister and two brothers out a lot and traveling to make the rest of her time on this world a happy time.

MornGlory
cry

Fiery Eyes
well, that is great!!! I know my mom never stopped, she was always going going, she went to everything the kids had, she didn't want to miss a thing.

LanİeWindu™
It's been just a bit under a year now that we found out she had cancer.

This is only going to be her second Christmas ever! She's not even 2 yet. The first Christmas she was in the hospital and everyone celebrated the holiday's there. At least this year she's going to be able to be home for the holidays.

shellie
awwwwww. sweetie cry my thoughts and prayers are with her , her family and friends .

Silver Stardust
Oh, no, Lance...I knew when I saw this thread again (I remembered it from last year) that it couldn't be good...

I'm so sorry. This has to be so horrible for you and your family. I know that there's nothing I can really say that will help make you feel better...but I'm so very sorry. Poor Madison...cry that is truly terrible that a child that young has to suffer so much. I hope that her remaining time is happy and that she is able to do as much as she can...

yerssot
damn, ... I hoped some noob would have just bumped it with some stupid comment

that's indeed terribly news to hear; and unfortunatly there is not much that someone from kmc can do for you besides telling that if you need a shoulder for support that you should not hesitate one second to call for one... you got mine for that too

hopefully you'll get to spend some great moments together and make the utmost best of this situation

Kosta
Thats bloody terrible, Ken sad. I keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

eleveninches
one of my family members has been diagnosed with cancer, but it was only a small problem, and has gone away now.
A neighbour of mine has had really bad cancer, and it's really made her ill.

Jackie Malfoy
That so sad.I had some family on my dad's side die of cancer and it is such a sad thing.I wish theiy could find a cure for it.If they do that would be great.
I am very sorry to hear about that today.JM

WindDancer
My thoughts are with her LW. These are indeed sad news.

.::Levi@than::.
I'm sorry to hear that LW sad My thoughts and prayers will be with little Madison, I hope she enjoys what time she has left.

LanİeWindu™
Update:

The doctor's contacted my aunt and uncle. He had been talking with a colleague of his and since Madison had a bacterial infection at the time they were doing more blood work, it may have messed up her blood counts.

They say she still has a 30% chance of survival.

My aunt and uncle are fighting right now because my uncle wants to take her back to the hospital for more treatment, my aunt wants nothing to do with it and he will have to do it on his own. My aunt says that the 5% chance she will not come back from the hospital is too much, and if Madison dies she will divorce my uncle and blame her death on him.

The thing is...not taking her back to the hospital is going to kill her. A 5% chance of death is not much at all. Every time you go to the hospital there is a small chance something will go wrong.

Ronny
force her to go, my mom said she wanted to stay home and stay away from the treatment... that a horrible choice

LanİeWindu™
Well Madison is definately going to go.

He's already told me that is my aunt doesn't want to help their daughter until the end, he will take Maddy away if he needs to and not come back until she's better or they have to bury her.

He would much rather divorce my aunt then let her boss him into forgoing treatment for little Madison.

Ronny
cry poor girl

MC Mike
My prayers are with her and her family. sad Let's hope for this 30%.

finti
always terrible to see kids having cancer, but there is always hope though even how slim the chances are one can cling on to that hope.

Both my parents died of cancer so I know all about that bloody disease

LanİeWindu™
UPDATE:

I just got a call today from my sister, and she informed me that little Madison had a tumor grow just over the past week, she was rushed to the hospital. The tumor is the size of a grapefruit in her abdomen and there is nothing they can do for her. She was given 1 week - 2 months.

My aunt thinks that since I did so much for them when I was living in their house when it was discovered she had this germ cell cancer, that I should be one of the Paul Bearers at her funeral. To tell you the truth I don't want to have to do that, I want her to live.

Maya Zurak
Im really sorry about all this, there are situations like this
that make us feel so impotent and weak, I dunno even what to say...
just remember that I'm always there for you if you need me.

Im also sorry for your parents FINTI.
And for all those who loose someone loved.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Maya Zurak
Im really sorry about all this, there are situations like this
that make us feel so impotent and weak, I dunno even what to say...
just remember that I'm always there for you if you need me.

Im also sorry for your parents FINTI.
And for all those who loose someone loved.

Thanks Maya.

Lana
Oh, damn...I know words really don't mean much, but I truly feel horrible for you...I can't imagine having to go through something like that. I'm so sorry.

Neo_Version 7
I'm really sorry to hear about it, Lance.

If you ever need anything, holler at your boy. Im here for you.

KidRock
Sorry Lance Windu that is such a sad thing to go through.. Cancer is one of the few things that really truly scare me in life, since you have no control over it. You can be the nicest person in the world and you can just get hit with it. I really am sorry. Its one thing if a 60 year old person gets it.. they would be able to understand that they have lived a long life and its there time to go. But a kid so young who hasnt even lives is just horrible.

edit: what exactly did that still spot on her leg feel like? was it sorta like a little golfball feeling where its hard and stuff or is it sorta soft and stuff?

LanİeWindu™
It was hard.

LanİeWindu™
Another Update:

I went and saw Maddy (Madison) today and she was crying in pain the majority of the time I was visiting. My uncle thinks she's not going to make it past this weekend for some reason. If anyone in the family could take away her pain and put it on ourselves we gladly would, a young child should not suffer like this.

I'm making it a priority to say goodbye to her and let her know I love her everytime I see her now, you never know when she's going to succumb to this disease.

Imaginary
Oh Lance... I'm so sorry... I hope Madison knows how much you love her, and I hope she enjoys what time she has left cry

DarkCrawler
I feel so sorry for you, Madison and her family and friends. sad

I have been lucky, no close relative or friend of mine has never died.

I hope that she is going to better place...even if I am an atheist.

finti
yeah Lance this is indeed heartbreaking information damn how I hate to see children suffer sad sad

LanİeWindu™
Yet another update:

Little Madison is getting worse by the day, her liver is starting to shut down. I was just told this about 40 minutes ago. We don't think she's even going to last a couple of more days. I'll be taking time off of work and from KMC when she goes to Heaven, to spend time with family and friends. I'll keep you updated if you like.

Tptmanno1
Man, I'm so sorry for you Ken...
But if its ok with you, updates are fine.

Lana
Oh god, that's terrible...I feel so sorry...hug damn...

Jedi Priestess
My deepest sympathies Ken.

bilb
Lance sweetie.. That just absolutely breaks my heart. I know how much it hurts to lose a child, I have been thru it. Please let your family and everyone know that prayers are being said for little Madison... and for all her family including you. There are just no words big enough to express my grief for you all.........

leonheartmm
Go in peace madison, even though i dont know who ill pray to, but ill pray for you. My deepest sympathies ken.

debbiejo
I just started reading this thread...and boy, I'm so sad...Kids shouldn't have to get cancer an suffer the pain of it...I just hate it when kids suffer.

Be in peace little angel...I'll send my love to you.

LanİeWindu™
She's still here, but in terrible shape.

They have her on so many drugs she's nearly in a drug induced coma. Only a few things cheer her up and for the most part she has a look on her face like she's tired of waiting to go.

My uncle (her dad) broke down the other day to my grandmother and cried into her shoulder about how he can't do this anymore, it's taken a toll on the entire family. Even today at work I was thinking about Madison so much I kept forgetting to do things, or doing things the wrong way and I got fed up with it and tried to find someone to cover for me so I could go home.

I'd say it's any day now she'll pass on.

SlipknoT
My grandma just got over lung cancer but now it turns out thats she has it in the liver

rohan524
My Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer with liver metastasis in February. He had never been sick before, can you believe it. In a group of nine women friends, four of us have fathers with cancer, one friend herself has ovarian cancer. We are faced with a terrible disease that is striking more and more people everyday, and I hope a cure for this will come sooner rather than later, especially for the children.

debbiejo
There was a woman who beat her cancer and started a crusade on the radio and the web and every way she could think to do. She cured her cancer without the medical treatments. If anyone is interested her site is
www.drday.com
Another is www.hacres.com This guy had inoperable Colon cancer and cured himself the same way...

debbiejo
ALSO...Purchase a "Rife Frequency Generator", it targets pathogens, cancer cell, mold, viruses, bacterias and a whole host of things...It has cured many many cancers...We have one...You can only get it on the web...

rohan524
Thanks, debbiejo. We're doing our best to provide my dad with the best health care we can afford. My aunt's flying to the US in a few months for surgery, she's already had one there last year. I think in a way it's good my dad doesn't need another one (he was operated on in Feb). We're hoping to beat the cancer with therapy, medicine and our faith, and we're open to alternative means too.

DenKi
This sounds bad and i hope the best for his health,

Couldnt you see a lump when it was really small and then take him right in instead of waiting weeks/Months?

rohan524
Sorry. Was that question for me, DenKi? If it is, then the unfortunate answer is no, we couldn't tell until it was big enough to cause worry. We've never had a family member have cancer before, so we never really went through any serious medical examination. The next generation is luckier, I guess, as we can udnergo blood tests by next year to make sure other members do not have it.

Thanks for letting me talk about it. It sort of helps talking like this (in a way, anonymously) because it doesn't get way too personal and yet feel your concern. I send all cancer families and those who are involved in cancer support and research my love and moral support as well. Live strong.

bilb
Any news Lance? You, Madison & your family cross my thoughts several times a day since i started reading this and each time a say a pryer for you guys... Cant be easy to talk about I'm sure, but we really would like to know how little Madison is doing....

LanİeWindu™
Final update:

It's 4 am and I just got the call. Madison is gone.

finti
So sorry to hear that LW ..........

BullitNutz
Terrible news, man. You can count on the KMC community for support, even though I'm just a newb.

Maya Zurak
My deepest condolences to you and your family Ken.

It's hard to let someone so special to you go,
but it's much easier to let them go,
than it is to watch them suffer.

LanİeWindu™
Thanks a lot you guys. I'm just in shock right now, it hasn't hit me yet.

PVS
damn bro...im very sorry for your loss sad

smoker4
So sorry to here that lance sad

DarkCrawler
I am deeply sorry for you and your family.

I hope that your pain eases. sad

Lana
Ken...I am so sorry to hear that...cry

Be assured that we will always be here for you...

Neo_Version 7
That fcuking sucks!

I'm really sorry, Lance.

leonheartmm
this sucks, this SUCKS!

bilb
Sincere condolences for all of you....

As for little Madison.. may flight of angels sing her to her rest...

LanİeWindu™
We had Madison's funeral services today.

Seeing her in that tiny pink casket was heart breaking. She had her favorite Spongebob blanket wrapped around her, and her favorite chap stick in her hand.

This wasn't the normal funeral, it was one done completely in her honor, hardly anyone wore the traditional black, everyone was in pastel colors, mostly pink because that was her favorite. The guys all had pink ties.

We watched a film that was compiled out of home movies, it included her first steps, her laughing and having fun and playing with her brothers and sister. It was beautiful.

We had the family prayer in the viewing room and then we walked out to the main church and there were 300 or more people there for the service. I was named an honorary Pallbearer, but they only needed 4 of her uncles to carry the tiny casket.

At the very end of all the services we released balloons into the sky in her honor, they were pink and purple. As soon as the balloons were in the air everyone broke down into heavy tears and held each other.

She is now laid to rest in the Logandale cemetery alongside her older sister who died after only 30 minutes of life.

She will not be forgotten, she touched many lives in her short time on this earth and we look forward to seeing her bright smile again when we ourselves pass on.

Imaginary
I'm crying now... that's so sweet... sad, yet sweet cry

debbiejo
Man, I have a knot in my throat...You know...you will see her again...really you will!!

bilb
Wow Lance.. that must have ben so difficult to go thru. It sounds like it was really beautiful though. I hope you & your family can now find closure and peace.............

Maya Zurak
*knot in my throat*

STYX Chick
-Makes her post pink and purple, for Maddison- I'm so sorry, Lance... sad I know what it's like to have someone close to you be lost, due to cancer...My Great Grandmother passed because of Alzheimer's and Leukemia...Very sad, that little Maddison had to pass on like that... sad But, she's in a MUCH better place, than this world. She's in heaven now... -Wipes her eyes- I hardly ever cry, but when I do, it's only a little...Very sweet, but sad funeral...She'll always be remembered!

Loving_Daniel11
My 17 year old cousin has cancer, its a rare form of bone cancer.

AdventChild
i pray and hope the child will be alrite......

ragesRemorse
cancer blows the big one. I wouldnt wish cancer on anyone, except French people. French people can have a HIV and cancer cocktail for all i care. smile

Fionnuala
i'm so sorry....i actually crying after eadin about the funeral..it's so sad and beautiful at the same time..i hope your pain eases..i don't know you very well..but you and your family have my support and prayers..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.