Back to the clones.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

castortroy
Hi

If the idea that the Stormtroopers in ANH, ESB and ROTJ are clones of Jango Fett, how come they're such bad shots with their blasters and they keel over dead if someone so much as brushes past them?

If I was Palpatine I'd be checking my receipts and asking for a refund. Talk about faulty goods!

LanceWindu
I believe that the Clones eventually die off, at least mostly and the new Stormtroopers are just recruits or something.

Ushgarak
So do I. I believe there are no more clones after the wars.

But many people think otherwise.

Somehow, I doubt the Clone troopers will be a patch on Jango either. I'm really not sure about this whole thing, actually.

markfahey
I think that the only remaining clones due to one reason or the other are the Emperors Royal guard in ROTJ. It has been suggested that they are picked from the elite of the stormtroopers, however as the stormtroopers tend to be a bit naff, I doubt this. Due to epic battles in episodes 2 and 3, I think that most of the clone troopers will have been wiped out (along with the Jedi) and the ability to mass produce clones on Genosis will have been stopped by the remainder of the Jedi. However perhaps the Emperor has a limited ability to produce clones in small amounts. All of what I have said is baseless, however perhaps a good educated guess?

ToMacco
It's hard to say if there are clone in the OT.

In the opening scene in RotJ, that one commander tells Vader that he needs more men. Perhaps he wants clones? Or maybe because there are no more clones, they have fewer workers.

It's impossible to say without seeing 2 and 3.

yerssot
there is no indication said or done that suggest that cloning was there, man are man, he didn't asked for clones

Dim
I would think that there would be a few clones around..and maybe if you look at Leia's "you're too short to be a stormtrooper" maybe they're still used in come capacity.

yerssot
or Luke is just short...

bigsef2
luke is not THAT short. leia's comment indicates that all stormtroopers are the same height, which in turn, indicates that they are all clones.

yerssot
D'euh! I'm not THAT stupid... I think... that theory was already made a few months ago, and at that time I agreed, and I do again now...

bigsef2
yess, you seem to be confused as to whether you agree or DISagree. smile

Ushgarak
Yes, look, Mark Hamil IS short for a soldier. He wouldn't get into any Gaurds Regiments in the modern day, so Leia's comment stands in its basic capacity. As if we were ever meant to think that meant the stormtroopers were cloned!

yerssot
but it's still a possibility

Ushgarak
True, but I rate it a remote one.

bigsef2
GL said that after watching the PT, we would look at the OT in a whole new light. i admit i take a fairly liberal look at this statement, however, i beleive in this case it is POSSIBLE we will look at leias statement in a new light, if in Episode III, we see that nothing bad happens to ALL the clones, and that palpatine simply uses them to start his stormtrooper army.

yerssot
yes, perhaps, and Boba Fett!

peluffo
Maybe the degradation of the copies tells something about the Stormtroopers quality????

(I still LOL when the emperor says that a legion of his best mens are waitin in the sanctuary moon, and then those were kicked by those little funny bears!!!!!)
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin wink

ToMacco
Yeah. Ewoks rule cool

yerssot
pathetic really

King Jedi
So are we going to see more than one set of clones? In the ROTJ script Han joked with Lando that they ran into one of his clones because Landos people were cloned.

So are we going to see lots of different clone armies? All cloned from different people.

Ushgarak
I really have no idea. We have SO little good info on the whole Clones thing.

yerssot
what are you talking about kj?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.