The Nightmare Before Christmas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Machine
i have yet to watch this movie, i dont know what its about , i dont really know if i even want to watch, it iam debuting if i should see it ,can you help me out ,should i rent this movie or leave it be

Ushgarak
I took all my friends into London when I was 16 to show them this.

I thought it was good enough; better than a lot of stuff out there but not a film for everyone. I say give it a go, and if you don't like it; oh well.

Texas
I haven't seen that movie in soooo long!!!
I need to get it on DVD, it's that good!!!!!!
I love Tim Burton's style cool

ToMacco
Have you ever seen Tim Burton? He is a goofy lookin son of a *****! sad

Texas
Yeah he looks like a roach's ass wearing an afro.
But I could care less how the dude looks, he has a unique style.

Got the Planet of the Apes DVD, he's all over it roll eyes (sarcastic)
They should of had Estella Warren doing the commentary eek! smokin'

ToMacco
She's hot.

But the movie was stupid compared to the original.

Texas
Yup!
Estella Warren character had absolutely no point in the movie!
She just ran around in her Amazon braw and showed off those magnificent breasts!!
Oh, maybe she did have a point big grin

ToMacco
I had a point!!!! wink eek! eek! eek! eek!

Texas
your no Estella Warren roll eyes (sarcastic)
big grin

ToMacco
I think you missed my pun, Tex

Texas
*Texas looks back at ToMacco's post*
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud
a little point stick out tongue
wink wink wink

ToMacco
"little?"

You bastard! laughing out loud

Texas
Little tiny point, a bump stick out tongue

ToMacco
(In Buttheads voice) Don't make me smack you!

Machine
how do i put a quote and picture by my name?

finti
Juror Finti`s verdict:
Surprise surprise IT SUCKED!!!!!!!

mechmoggy
I quite liked it, I even bought it on video. A lil' scary for kids though don'tcha think?

Texas
Not of you were a kid like me evil face

ToMacco
Tex, it warped your mind! Look how you turned out! wink

Texas
*Cartman Southpark voice*: That movie has warped my fragile little mind big grin

Chile
Edward Scissorhands is a better Tim Burton film by far, but the stop motion claymation of Nightmare Before Christmas is pretty spiffy.

BackFire349
i didnt like it, it was like a cross between the grinch and beetlejuice. it seemed like it was brought out just to show off what great animation was in the movie.

Texas
I loved it!!
Not your average Disney bullshit roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
most disney movies are far batter then nightmare before xmas.

Machine
hell i havent seen it yet but i know most disney movies ar better

Machine
speaking of the grinch i wasnt expecin much but i rented it and oh my god i fell in love withit immediately and went out and bought it the same day

BackFire349
grinch is awesome.

Machine
yes indeedy

sk8stuff09
I think the nightmare before christmas is a cool movie. i just got it on DVD. what do u think? any info? Happy Dance

plenTpak52
great movie. awesome characters

BidMyBlood2Run
It's Brilliant! A little too scary for little kids in my opinion. Seeing little kids kidnap Santa, and a boogey man filled with worms, and the head in the box... too graphic for G rating, maybe even PG depending on the child.

Sheepz
Woo-Hoo Nbc is one of my favorites. Danny Elfman...Tim Burton...what's not to like?

Tex
Masterpiece!! thumb up

fini
damn that movie was incrdible...........tim burton got lots of balls to make a movie like that

beaujay1
I thought it was mildy entertaining, but really, its very creative

Puppet Of Doom
I love it! I love it! I love it!
I'm getting the DVD for christmas...I have to wait... I don't know if I can wait that long...*twitch twitch*

I have the soundtrack, which I listen to constantly... and dream of owning a poster...

It's such a sweet story, and so very cool. The first full-length animated motion picture to be made I believe.

Aaaaah I'm so obsessed with Tim Burton films and Danny Elfman music..this film is sooo awesome. People who don't like it are mad.

badkittykitty
Making Christmas, making Christmas
La, la, la
It's almost here
And we can't wait
So ring the bells and celebrate
'Cause when the full monn starts to climb
We'll all sing out
It's Christmastime
Hee, hee, hee

Discos
Even as a mature kindofdude, I thought this film was awesome, it was on the disney channel all the time. I did however buy the DVD this week and I forgot alot of things in it.

gregmss
we're there any famous actors in it

Discos
not very sure, the skeleton was called Jack Skellington. But the people who did the voices I am not so certain they are famous, Tim Burton wrote the book however

Caribbean_Chick
I love the movie too.. I've seen it a million times since i was five and man I want it for Christmas now too now that I think of it!!
P.S. omg Puppet of Doom is that a pic of Edward Scissorhands in your Avatar!!??

shadow_angel
Does anyone love this movie as much as I do!!! big grin

Tex
I love it!

Moving to Movie Forum...

shadow_angel
Truly amazingbig grin

silver_tears
I agree!!!
Jack is wicked!! eek!

badkittykitty
it's one of my favorite christmas movies...I allways put it in when Im wrapping gifts...'making christmas' wink

Mr Parker
Believe it or not,I just saw this movie for the first time about a week ago.I waited so long before I saw it because I hate Tim Burton for casting Michael Keaton for Batman and what he did to the Batman movies.But I FINALLY saw it and I love it,its a great movie.I loved the way it begins with all those characters singing,that was really cool.

silver_tears
I liked batman...and Tim Burton in my opinion is a genius big grin

SlayerChick1188
aww...I lOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! It's beatufully directed, funny, and i ALWAYS get the songs stuck in my head big grin! you know what? I think I'm Gonna go watch it right now!

LilySatine
And I was just thinking about making a thread for this movie!!

Smart people beat me to it wink

Great movie big grin

Killer
huh... it's on dvd?

LilySatine
I think so..

Don't see why it wouldn't be!!

rinoa
its a brilliant film and my daughters favorite shes only 19 months and nightmare or something that sounded very close was her first word shes watched it since she was tiny at first it was only for the songs but she started to watch as well and now it has to go everywhere she goes as she will have a paddy fit if its not there to be watched when she wants it

burlyman
big grin its great ...havent seen it very recently though blink

leaf_eater
Happy Dance i love nbc! nearly ripped the head off the poor unfortunate clerk at blockbuster when they said that they sold the last DVD of it. grr. zero rocks. jack is sweet, he tries so hard to do good....i kinda liked the doll they made better than santa's.

Scythe
I LOVED this movie. It was just awesome. I can relate to Jack in so many ways. Very good, and cool movie. Disney outdid itself. Here I thought I'de never like another Disney movei, they break out with Finding Nemo, and TNBC. Ahhhh!

MaverickIce
IMO, Finding Nemo is REALLLLY overated. It's a good film within itself, but the hype kinda toned it down for me. I didn't enjoy many parts, but I didn't think I would enjoy a movie about a defective fish......

On the other hand, I agree 100%, TNBC is the most underrated major movie Disney has put out. It's pure genious I tell you, Jack is the MAN. My favorite character, barely beating Mufasa in the Lion King

Scythe
Yes, Jack kicks so much ass.

TheShadowsSmile
Alice in Wonderland, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Nightmare Before Christmas are the only Disney films I care about. Alice in Wonderland is basically a drug trip, pirates are fantastic, and Burton's dark, gothic style is amazing. Disney needs to release more films like the three I mentioned.

sk8stuff09
yo!!!!!

thorC
it is the great stopmotion movie. Tim Burton rockzzzzz

SweetNsouR
one of my favorite movies of all time.

thorC
he has new Animation project "Cropse bride"

katunpainted
Jack is sooooooooooooo hot!!! I luv that movie its my fave along with "Edward Scissorhands" also by Tim Burtoon and Danny Elfman. Did I mention I luv this movie?

thegreatrudini
Whats this whats this theres something in the air.... Whats this whats this theres white stuff everywhere.

Ive got the special edition dvd its wicked it also comes with a couple ealry films by burton called vincent and frankenweenie

SoldeVenus
Yeah I've seen both of them. I'm not too sure about frankenweenie but I liked vincent. I thought it was interesting seeing how they made it. It's really a movie to be proud off. It took so long to make, and its so enchanting. And its original too, who would have thought of making a movie about Halloween and Christmas together, without making it overly scary and seemingly blasphemous?

Jackie Malfoy
I love this movie too bad I don't own it or it would be on my christmas movie list.Great movie.A true disney classic.Did you know this firm was going to be rated R but they changed it?JM

Dazzler619
One of my favorite movies as a kid.It got an academy award for best musical back in 1993 but never made a sequel sad

ladygrim
i dont think it really needed a sequel ... but i to think this movies is good

Dazzler619
Aww damn I didn't know that there was a thread of this already! Sorry

Dazzler619
But he's a skeleton lol

Clavis
yeah no expression shes a necrophile

mazedude
This one of those movies that at first I was like "hmm, it's good, but there are too many songs." Then it grew on me. Now I've added a bunch of the songs to my roadmixes and I listen to them in the car. smile

That's Danny Elfman singing as Jack Skellington, ya know. And he wrote most of the lyrics. Dang good job man.

bilb
I love this movie!!!! We watch it all year round & listen to the soundtrack in the car! A classic!!!!!

i lovejake
it was weird but i ended up loving it

ladygrim
kindap the santiclaus through away the key wink

Lydia_J
The Nightmare before Christmas is a very good movie even if it is a little odd but being by Tim Burton I suppose that isnt a surprise smile

vaya_the_elf
The songs were great.

Not sure what my favorite song was

Probably either What's this, or kidnap the sandy clause

ladygrim
this is a really kwl movie and very well done for an early nintys animation

KillTheLight
I love this movie happy

dizzyblondegirl
i cant wait for the corpse's bride to come out hoppefully another stop motion sucess by tim burton

bilb
Me too, I really wanna see this one

Heather 29
Well getting back to the Movie tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas. it is an excellent movie, you should see it. I own a VHS tape of it. I want to get the Soundtrack to it but I can't find it anywhere.

bilb
Amazon, they have everything, Soundtrack is great!!

crazy_c
Ooooh jimmy I NEED to get this film on dvd! My dad taped over it sad

waspluver
greatest movie ever!!! rock

ladygrim
i too need the proper version of it mine has adverts in it lol

synner

Post-it Note
The best bit is Jack's 'What's this?' song in Christmas Town. Best song in an animation ever! eek!

StunningMono
Tim Burton is my all time fav movie maker - except Planet of the Apes - can't quite figure out what he was thinking with that one!!

I love this film so much, and think it's such an amazing film!
Danny Elfman is one of the greatest film music composers ever! Along with Burton they make the best film pairing!!

*skips off to by film and soundtrack*

Zatch_Bell
I like it but it is for kids. If you want you can rent it but remember it is for kids.

loompaland!
I love the movie.

The Nightmare Before Christmas was creepy. I loved it so. And all you need to do to rent it is have your little cousin do it for you. wink

ladygrim
Tis good got it on video big grin

KitziKat
HI I'm new so I hope you guys are nicer then the other forum I joined anyone out there right now? Just wanted toknow you guys had a new member... umm I guess thats all...!

XxbrokenxX
Hah! I love that movie! It was my favorite movie when I was a kid!

Balance
that movie is asome tim burtin rox baby yeah

grey fox
Just for you guy's big grin

The Oogie Song

O Green World
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I am the Pumkin King of the normal world smile sly

All of Tim Burtons Movies are brilliant!

ADarksideJedi
Love that movie!

"Kidnap mr sanda claws"
"I want to do it!"
"Lets draw straws"
"Jack said we should work together"
"Three of a kind birds of a feather now and forever!"jm

Vim
I very much liked this movie. For several reasons, 1st is the whole idea of Halloween, my favorite of all the holidays, taking over Xmas, my least favorite now, of course when I was a kid it was my favorite, but as an adult it quickly shot to the bottom of my list, not because I don't get gifts like I used to or because I have to give lots of gifts for everyone including my beautiful daughter, BUT it is because of the lying... You have to lie to your child to make them behave so when they do they will get presents at the end of the year... Now... where was I? Ah yes so Halloween has always been at the top of my list so when I saw it take over Xmas that was the best, also Jack's character is great, along with all the rest of the cast. I would loved to have seen a sequel where Halloween took over all the Holidays, and Jack was messing up again, and the Oogie was going to have control of all of them, and Jack had to stop him... Okay this is long enough...

Scythe
It's truly a great movie, however, I despise the people who have put it at cult hit status.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.