Halo 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the trailer for halo 2 is so damn amazing...it's like a movie preview...come to think of it, they should make halo a movie(it would have to be done right though)

SaTsuJiN
Halo 2 just cant come fast enough. Imma be one of the first online when it hits stores :drool:

airangel429
Yeah my husband is DYING to get the game. We saw the trailer to it on the S.W.A.T. game.

SilverFighter
Master Chief floating in the air holding his gun and ready to kick some major Covenant butt YESSSS!!!! Great trailer from bungie!!

Linkalicious
just remember not to get all your hopes up because it will ultimately make the game a dissappointment. Just like Brute Force...everyone compared it to Halo and it fell WAAAYYYYY short, but it was still a great game and well worth the purchase.

airangel429
True....I heard Brute Force was the sh**....I bought it for my husband and we're still working on beating it(bought it about a month ago..)...between that and S.W.A.T.(which was cool.....but I beat it in like 3 days..not back to back)

Halo was WAY better!!!

SilverFighter
Looks like Halo 2 will be delayed.....damn that gamecube!!!:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/news_6086212.html

SaTsuJiN
According to :

http://www.the-magicbox.com/

X B O X

- Microsoft has pushed back the release date of Halo 2 for Xbox to Autumn of 2004.

Linkalicious
big surprise. Atleast bungie is more reliable than 3do or whoever was in charge of Duke Nukem

SilverFighter
It was going to happen anyways. I mean come on Fable and Doom release within a 3 month period? Some fans are going to buy one at a time not all 3 at the same time.

Daedalus
Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! Fable! I WANT FABLE NOW! (Apparenty Halo 2 is going to require the supposed upgraded XBox to run at its best)

Linkalicious
where is everyone reading about this "upgraded xbox" cause i got to gamespot and gamefaqs every single day...and at no point have they reported anything about an upgraded xbox....sounds like rumors to me.

Mist
????????
every good thing will be delayed. just sit back and wait and everything will be fine............if not.....GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

realworlddreams
it was inevitable...
after HL:2 n numerous other games...(still waitin for DN: forever, lol)
i had no doubt Halo would be delayed.
wasnt it originally supposed to come out for christmas 2003?

Jedi Shmedi
Since there isn't a foum about this, I figured this would probably be the best place to post my question.

I'll be quick. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and before I go out and by it, I was wondering if anybody has any idea on how well Halo would work on my laptop? I mean, is my Vaio powerful enough to run it? I just want to be sure.

Any help is most appreciated.

SaTsuJiN

SK88728
Halo 2 is due in some time around November. This release date thing is startingto piss me off. It was supposed to be out just before X-Mas at the start, but know it is almost a year late, what could really be taking them this long?

Raventheonly
All hail Halo and Fable.....
When they come out (when lol) all shall cower

Daedalus
Duke Nukem forever is apparently a joke by 3D Realms, the fact that its taking "forever" to come out.

SaTsuJiN
Well I'd rather they spend a while tweaking the framerate and trying to find every bug possible so halo 2 will be every bit of a hit as its predecessor

Linkalicious
i heard from a guy at my local EB that the game is finished except they are working on keeping the framerate high on 32 person multiplayer. Apparently 16 player is already working nicely..

forumcrew
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/513/513152p1.html

http://www.gametrailers.com for a video of it...

AWESOME

Jedi Shmedi
Just watched it, good god I cannot wait for the game to come out this November!!!!

greyboy
I can wait...but it still looks pretty amazing....I can't wait to dig into it. actually i guess i cant wait....LOL!!

dave123
SEXY! drool

forumcrew
the elite sword... Happy Dance

dave123
everything.... Happy Dance

Raventheonly
I heard most recently Oct 2 realise but you all know thier full of it

sith_darth_jay
i heard, don't know if it's true though, that justin/i-wanna-be-michaeljackson/timberlake, got the game, or is going to, before it comes out in the market....some one to kick his @ss???, i sure do

forumcrew
it is november 9th release for sure no speculation about it.. they announced it officialy at E3 and my father's company has had it garunteed they will have it in then

Raventheonly
hope....

forumcrew
its gonna happen

StinkFist462
gha wouldnt that suck if it turned out to be like Tomb Raider : Angel of Darnes ....... shitty ?

forumcrew
seeing as halo and tomb raider are nothing alike or even made by similar people i think were ok

dave123
it can't be shit

as long as it says "HALO 2", it is Godlike

StinkFist462
r u sure ... so if something said like ... Halo : made in exactly 10 days with the worst graphics ever , hell even the Atari has better graphics ....... would u still buy it stick out tongue

Raventheonly
lol 10 days... its been like 3 years... people will die for reals probably if they screw it up.... all they gotta do is keep the same engine and add some more weopons and maps along with x-box live capability and they will already have improved the game for epic porportions.

dave123
but I've seen Halo 2 stick out tongue and It's not like that

dave123
the engine's gone, EVERYTHING has been designed from scratch, though i imagine the engine will be similar

§H@Ñ€
it comes out where i am on Nov 9th. And i have a Special Edition Copy reserved!!!!!!! big grin

forumcrew
yea 11/9/2004 in stores but i dont have to reserve it, i get it as soon as its shipped to a certain manufacturer hooray

Raventheonly
A new engine! but it was already perfect... ???????

dave123
this one is very very similar

but what the designers did not want to do, is make you pick the game up and say "this is way too similar to Halo 1", they wanted to make some modifications to the game

also, every single character, enemy, gun etc.... has been redesigned big grin and the needle gun looks sweet

Raventheonly
i don't know why put the needle gun seemed kinda cheap... but it was the coolest to punch with... yet the slowest smile

§H@Ñ€
you know what thing i'm looking forward to seeing?

to see if the grass graphics are better then the first ones!

laughing out loud

Raventheonly
They rocked to.

forumcrew
the "needle gun" is called the needler it wasnt cheap in Halo 1 because it wasnt very effective.. and punching it sucked the AR is faster.. but they made a point in H2 to make the needler worth picking up.. dual wielding with an AR its crucial in the video of H2

WindDancer
Whoah! Check out Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210577

Raventheonly
eek!

Daedalus
Sweet. big grin

WWestFlashFan
VAIO? hell ya

sniper
I reserved the limited edition halo 2, and fable.

Lurik
Good on you sniper.

DracotheDragon
sadwalk

Reborn Again
The novels of this game are fantastically written!!!!!!

DracotheDragon
censored This game series is not that great. It's good, don't get me wrong, but they're still rip offs of DOOM and Quake. no

Xed
A delayed game will eventually be good, a hurried one will be bad forever. Although halos going to rock anyway. THose movies on Gamespot rule and are just....... *drools*.......

§H@Ñ€
have any o you "played" the demo yet? miffed

Raventheonly
i don't think there is a demo yet... unless you work for bungie.

WindDancer
I'm pretty sure the Xbox magazine will have a demo game a month before Halo 2 is released. Damn I can't wait! This waiting has been torturous. wink

LordRevan
whats better is that you can fight with two guns like a needler and a plasma pistol i played demo of it and it was the best. and why release it in November not in July?

Arachnoidfreak
http://www.bungie.net/SlideShow.aspx?path=/games/Halo2&slideshow=Screenshots&slide=28

just some screenshots.

WindDancer
That's sweet! Great screenshots! eek!

'Vegeta'
Halo 1 = Big Waste Of Fricken Money! Halo 2 = Bigger Waste Of Fricken Money!! Master Fagbot Is gay and with out his weapons he is nothing at all. Solid Snake And Tommy Vercittie Are The Best!! Halo Was way to easy!

TheOne101
holy crap dude u gotta be kidding me. master chief could break tommy and snake in half with one hand. that armor cheif wears intensifies his strength by 100x. most men die from the suit because of convultions they have inside which multiply to fatal speeds of shaking. snake and tommy dont compare to chei. try reading fall of reach halo before dissing the MC.

Arachnoidfreak
The books are great yes

TheOne101
i agree i just finished fall of reach and i loved it. i knew there were books earlier but hadnt read em. once i did i really understood MC and everything. they really give a good background to the story.

LordRevan
Have you ever even played HALO?

R@ven
all i gotta say is that he's probably never had and is a poster boy for PS2

LordRevan
laughing out loud You can say that again laughing out loud

WindDancer
You are soooooo right!!! I mean Master Chief would NEVER defeat Goju, Gouk, Goku or whatever his name is!!! Everyone should just be a fan of DBZ!!! Yup!!! This is the dragonball Z generation! And I'm sure Master Chief will never beat Vegeta simply because he is more powerful than anyone else in Imagination land.

bardock
master cheif has to wear wussy suit and those advanced weapons are all he has. snake would own and tommy cant die.

TheOne101
actually dumbass outside his suit chief is a buffed out mofo. he has unbrekable bones. yes like wolverine. hyis bones have metallic outter coat. he can also see in the dark. he would kill tommy or snake. he also has reflexes off the chart. tommy would go for a gun and cheif would have already broke 8 diff bones in his arm. snake could try to sneak up on him and prolly end up with a broken back and his head would be turned around on his neck.

off topic but i dont care=hey raven you watch trigun heh? great show wolfwood is the best char smile

Arachnoidfreak
laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

LordRevan
Which Revan are you talking about me are the other?

TheOne101
oops did i put revan? my bad i meant R@ven
but either way it is a great show i watch it every night smile seen all the episodes like three times already but i still like it.

LordRevan
i've herd of trigun but never seen it.

Stormy Day
Halo is probaly the most over-rated game of all time.I mean sure its good game but its not the reason to pick up an X-Box like some people hail it. confused

TheOne101
i hail it. so what it deserves all the hype it gets. the game is genious. trigun airs at 1:30 a.m every weeknight. on adult swim you should try to check it out it is worth it.

Stormy Day
I didnt get what you said confused

TheOne101
about what me hailing halo?

Stormy Day
yeah

TheOne101
whats so hard to understand...i hail halo so what lol not like its a bad thing it is a great game. and so will halo 2!

Stormy Day
its a good game but just way overated sad

TheOne101
i dont think so i think all the hype was well deserved. it was just good lol u have to admit though the second one is gonna be something to remember.

Stormy Day
I am not really looking forward to it sad

I will rent it but im not on a waiting list or do I have any plans to get it on opening day

The first one is ok but over-rated and its not the best X-Box game out there wink

TheOne101
then what is then lol i guess it all just depends on what you like in a game.

'Vegeta'
Hay The One 101 Stormy Day is Very right. Halo is so overrated that i cant even belive it. All my friends hav an xbox and i have ps2 and when ever i go to their house they are like lets play halo and it gets old really fast. My friend Mike Has both systems and He owns Halo and Vice city and mgs-2 I also have mgs-2 and he thinks that halo was not woth it and it is over rated. Tommy v. can not die no matter what even if he gets all of his bones broken he cannot die! Snake would sneak up and smoke up MC. Revolver Is way faster then MC. And Snake Has Beaten Him!!!

TheOne101
did you not read my other post smart guy. MC has metallic bones! they cant be broken! he has reflexes like 50x faster than any other human. you CANT sneak up on MC.

TheOne101
and yes i do have a ps2 and both gta a mg2. i just like halo better because it is MC is just an all around better character.

bardock
i think what vegeta meant is that tommy vercetti cant die because vice city has the best sugerons in the world so he will evantually kill mc. snake has took out metal gear rex wich is like 30 or 40 mc's easy.snake is the perfect solider. he is far more resourceful than mc. snake has faced incredible odds before mc would be a peice of cake.

TheOne101
mc is the master of strategy. u guys have to read the book. read the book and then come talk to me. i dont enjoy talking to people who think their char's are great when they are infact being ignorant.

LordRevan
I agree with you theone101 MC is the best no matter what others say besides if snake snook up on him MC would already now it because he has motion trackers and has a powerful shield and tommy vercetti would not stand a chance against MC's weapons such as the shotgun and the needler.

Stormy Day
WHO MC?

I didnt really care for the storyline either I really didnt understand it sad .If you want a good game go get something from Tom Clancy or Red Dead Revolver was fun ,but Halo does get old really fast.

Arachnoidfreak
MC is Master Chief. The storyline wasn't exactly hard to follow. You fight aliens to save earth, and then more aliens show up.

TheOne101
see thats where you are wrong my friend. you fight convenent to save all off mankind. some of you might know the saying "your destruction is the will of the gods...and we are their instruments." said by covenent. they arent just after earth. for us now in the year 2080 or so we have many planets with humans on them. they are after all of mankind. no one is exactly sure what planet the covenent land on in halo 2. it might be earth it might not be. in that year we have about 15 diff inhabbited planets throughout the galaxy.

Stormy Day
Oh the sound wasnt too good on my screen proably why I didnt understand messed

bardock
snake is the perfect solider. so he is also a master of all warfare related arts. snake has always overcome the odds. he has took on enemies that would eat mc for lunch. plus that suit he wears, if he gets to wear that than snke get metal ray.Game Over.

TheOne101
hmmmmm like i said metal gear will never be and name 1 enemy snake has beat that would eat as you say MC. dont even try to compare dude MC is the best and thats all there is too it.

bardock
metal gear rex.mmmmmmmmmmm master cheif tasty.

VENOMfan
uh are we actually considering MC has a chance against Snake?

I think not. Halo was fun, but I dont see how MC is such a big hit. he wears a shiny suit and has no character. I mean you run around and shoot stuff and he hardly ever makes a peep

Halo 2 will probably out do the first but Im not running out to get a X-box for it

BackFire
Same here, I'll just wait for it to come out for the PC in a couple of years. There's two other FPS games coming out for PC this year that will probably put halo 2 to shame. So those will easily keep my interest

TheOne101
wait let me guess one is half life 2 and the other is doom 3 right. i like doom bt doesnt match halo. half life i have no words for due to it suck factor. sucks beyond belief. also MC's little shiny suit is the most advanced fricken suit in the world. READ THE GOD DAMN BOOKS! when you guys are done reading halo fall of reach then you can come talk to me but you guys have no fricken idea of the length of MC's abilities and strengths.

TheOne101
with you guys being so ignorant about MC it isnt even worth it to argue because its like talking to a wall.

BackFire
Funny, Half Life is known as the best FPS ever to come out for any platform. I'm willing to be dollars to donuts that HL2 will be better then H2 in every possible way.

Red Superfly
I also never understood why Master Chief was so successful.

I have a friend who LOVES Master Chief, and I asked him why, and he replied:

"Errrrr.......he kicks ass. Errr.....green! Er.......shiny! Oooh a coin!"

VENOMfan
Read the books? no thats a genuine waste of time. they didnt show MC's character in the game becuase it didnt matter thats the point.
If they released a book about mario's roots as a plumber I could care less

the realized Halo's marketing strength and shuffeld out books knowing people would buy them.

I know exactly what Im talking about, Ive beaten Halo and I will say what I want when I want.

Red Superfly
Yeah go for it. I've beaten Halo, played it inside and out. Master Chief still looks like The Green Goblin from Spider-Man.

VENOMfan
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1169805.jpg

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/2002/images/Spider-Man_Green-Goblin.jpg

yeah..thats erie.........

but even movie Goblin spanks MC

WindDancer
Halo isn't overrated as compare to the Final Fantasy series. Actually they should re-name that franchise I don't see anything "Final" about it.
Anyways for me the best book in the Halo series had to be Fall of Reach. If a Halo movie is ever made it should be based on this book.

TheOne101
ok venom w/e yo say buddy although the books have absolutly NOTHING to do with MC's background. its just about missions he goes through as if it were you in the game. it just explains to you his advantages and about his suit etc. and backfire i am willin to bet milions of dollors that half life 2 is going to...SUCK. just like hf 1 did. the only reason it was best fps was because it was the first and only one out at the time. halo surpases hf in eery category.

im not even gonna say anything about mr.equilibruim over there. although it is a complete copy of the matrix so i have heard i havent seen it so i wont say anythng

dave123
regarding the snake/MC argument

has snake ever single-handly blown up an entire alien object as large as planet? stick out tongue

VENOMfan
Equilibrium a matrix nock off? Clothing wise yes.

Style wise? nope. the Gun Kata style fight scenes put the over played wire fu and "bring it" hand swipes(that got old after the first time Neo did it) to shame.

and are you really trying to point out a copycat?
how many Neo's,the one's, the anomaly's are members of this site? originality must be somthing you cant pick up on.

thats all I have to say,and your dribble about the books is about what?
I told you tthey are just a means too make money. there isnt anything wrong with that but I will not bother reading them. I dont care what they are about didnt you understand my statement?

"If they released a book about mario's roots as a plumber I could care less"

If you still dont get it, Im stating how MC didnt have any character in the game so they released books to compensate*make more money* for there lack of detail

this little conversation has failed to spark my interest, and Im not getting into a flame fest for somthing so trivial

bardock
snake has took out metal gear. metal gears are like 60 foot tank with payload that is mindboggling. i own halo those aliens are wussy.the one so your saying that the halo plot is so bad that they have to release books to little fanboys like yourself. it is ok game but nothing revoulotionary.

TheOne101
holy crap just forget it you guys are stupid as hell. read the books and then you can talk to me otherwise this convorsation is over.

'Vegeta'
No it is not. Why would they need to make a book about the game if the game is so good. They maid the books to explain the story because the game didnt explaine it at all, and there was no back story.

Arachnoidfreak
The books don't explain the game, it explains alot more. There's books on Halo because it was so popular, and because it was so good. You don't see books being made about crap games like Metal Gear Solid. The Final Fantasy series is another example, there are anime and movies based on it because it was so popular, and it is very good. It has nothing to do with a bad plot, the game could have stood alone. It also has to do with companies just wanting to make more money.

'Vegeta'
To Bad you are lieing Because i have read one of the books! dont know witch one cuz it was my friends but it had to do with the game so dont lie! Alot but some of it had to do with the game.!

'Vegeta'
MGS dosent need a book because the game made enough money on its own. why do you think they sold the first one to game cube Because they wanted it because it was so good.!!

BackFire
The books have nothing to do with the game. The game itself is not the great, revolutionary FPS that it's made out to be (mostly by people who haven't played any of the superior PC FPS games).

The only reason Halo is so popular is because it's primary medium is a console system. And compared to other console shooters it's great. But there are so many FPS games available for the PC that are supperior it's ridiculous.

Halo is a sold FPS game, nothing more.

Jedi Shmedi
Correction. The book titled "The Flood" (the second book in the series) is the book based off the game. The Fall of Reach (the first book) is the prequel to the The Flood or the game itself. First Strike (the 3rd book) takes place after the game has ended but is not about Halo 2's storyline.

WindDancer
yes

Is about the success of the video game. The Halo books are optional. If you want to know about MC you read the books. As for FF the video game has a storyline...so does the movies, the books, the anime, etc, so they just love to expand their universe just like SW.

Arachnoidfreak
Windancer: Nice friggin' sig! That was a great movie.

TheOne101
vegeta mgs didnt not make books cuz it made money. mg didnt make books due to the fact that the creator is japanese and doesnt speak english. makes sense dont it

Master Revan
that is very true

TheOne101
lol

'Vegeta'
No s**** the creator is from Japan They tranlated the game into english i think the could translate a book you idiot!!!!!

'Vegeta'
lol

bardock
it is amazing how people can speak two languages isnt it one101.

'Vegeta'
Ha Ha Bardock you just served The one101

WindDancer
One of my all time favorite. happy

Vegeta> I suggest you calm down.

'Vegeta'
ok sorry

WindDancer
No biggie smile

forumcrew
saw the new trailer at the movie theater last night.. pretty school seeing in game footage on a big screen be amazing to play it on it.. that whole ilovebees.com thing is very interesting too

Matrix Overload
Halo 2 is gonna be great, i have no xbox so im gonna have to wait for it to come out on pc like i did with halo 1.

Robo-Chocobo
...HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA yah right...

i bet your all wondering why i gathered you here

no not really

im just glad not to be washing the warthog 4 once.

the powers at be have decided to inform you of the new campaign.

fianly some info, well what is it?

that it is going to be great and your really going to enjoy it.

wait thats it? were going to enjoy it?

no, that your REALLY going to enjoy it.
__________________________________-

thats the beggining of the rvb episode were sarge informs them of halo 2(more or less)

OMG this is going to be F***ing sweet, i cant wait. november 9.

and i bought halo 5 months ago so mine came with the halo2 announcement movie
e3 demo movie,
and the making of halo 2 documentary..

1 sentance

F***ING AWSOME

Master Revan
What The hell are you talking abot?

Arachnoidfreak
Red vs Blue.

I just got my Halo recently too, so I have the videos as well.

F*CKING AWESOME.

Robo-Chocobo
my bad.

red vs blue is this web series using the multiplayer map blood gultch, detailing the struggle for control of a strategic box canyon, with no obvious entrances or exits, in the middle of no where, between the reds, and the blues. the red team is lead by sarge, (southern accent dude who hates griff) simmons(the kiss ass) and griff)the smart mouth) along with naive little donut(he wears pink armor...nuff said.

blues have church(leader, got blown up by the blue team tank, piloted by caboose now a ghost possesses people for bodies), tucker(yah i have trouble describing him) and caboose(he's pretty dumb"i do not like to think while I am asleep
tucker: yah thats pretty much your basic principle during the day too

he wants church to be his best friend...he blew church up with a tank.)

anyway so the creator and his group is now pretty tight with microsoft. they even did a bunch of shorts for that x-box demo disc you see in target when you walk by, the rvb team(in game) talks about why get an x-box. they even got invited to play halo 2 at bungie fan fest.

anyway so the reference was about sarge informing them of the upcoming campaign(aka halo2) and that they would really like it.
it takes place right after halo, and before halo 2. (the series)

all who agree with me saying halo 2 is gonna be sweet say 2 words

F***ING AWSOME!!!

Dark_Lord1389
red vs. blue F****** ROCKS Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Yuna33
someone told me halo sux!?
is it good?

Dark_Lord1389
i cant wait till HALO 2 comes out. i Already have the SPECIAL EDITION RESERVED.thumbupthumbupthumbup

Dark_Lord1389
Halo F***ING ROCKS

Dark_Lord1389
whoever told u that halo sux is a fool
pissedpissed

Yuna33
hey!
ok! i was asking!
i never played it!

Dark_Lord1389
im a DIE---HARD HALO fan
riflealien2alien2alien2

Robo-Chocobo
First off, halo DOes have a backstory, and it's a cool one,

even in the instruction manuel.
the year is 2552.planet earth still exist, but overpopulatiom has forced many of her former residents to colonize other worlds. faster than light travel is now a reality. and earths unified government, through the united nations space command, has put its full weight behind the colonization effort. millions of humans now live on habitatable planets in other solar systems. a keystone of humanities colonization efforts is reach, an intersteller naval yard that builds colony ships for civilians, and warships for the unsc forces. convieniently close to earth, reach is also a hub of scientific and military activity.

thirty two years ago, contact with he outer colony harvest was lost. a battlegroup sent to investigate was almost completely destroyed. only one badly damaged ship returned to reach, and told of a seemingly unstoppable alien warship that effortlessly annihilated their forces.

this was human kinds first encounter with a group of aliens that came to be known as the covenant, a collective of aliens races united in their fanatical religious devotion. covenant religious elders declared humanity an affront to the gods, and the covenant warrior caste waged a holy war upon humanity with gruesome dilligence.

after a series of crushing defeats and obliterated colonies, unsc admiral prestole cole instated the cole protecol:no vessel may inadvertenly lead the covenant to earth. when forced to withdraw, ships must avoid earth bound vectors, even if that means jumping without proper navigational data. vessels in danger of capture must self destruct.

on reach, a secret military project to create cyborg super soldiers takes on newfound importance. the spartan II project rack up an impressive record against the covenant in test deployments, but there are to few to turn the tide of the war.

Robo-Chocobo
existing spartan II soldiers are recaled to reach for further augmentation. the plan, board a covenant vessel, with the improved spartan 2's and learn the location of the covenant homeworld. and capture a religious leader. 2 days before the mission begins, covenant forces strike reach, and annihilate it. the covenant are now on earths doorstep. one ship, the pilar of autumn,escapes with the last spartan II, and makes a blind jump into deep space, hoping to lead the covenant away from earth. upon reemerging from slip stream...they discover...Halo...

Robo-Chocobo
in the first book, you get a better understand for the situation that earth is in, and how the spartans were kidnapped* as children, and raised to be warriors, then upon 18 were cyberneticaly augmented, only half of the spartans survived, hald fied due to the dramtic operation, 1/3 were crippled bodily.

these spartans were given top of the line armor, more advanced than what the covenant had on their elites, and these soldeirs were more effective than enite companies of troops.

in the secnd book, the game halo is descibed, along with calrifyieng anyting that culd have been confusing. in fact, i actually understood the main villains, the flood, better after reading the second book. the third book describes how master chief takes over a covenant capital ship(pretty lightly gaurded) with 3 marines, a pelican pilot, and a supersmart ai, whos system is slpowed due to all the data absorbed when plugged into halo.

after words...they go 2 reach, and rescue the last of the spartans 6 of them, on a planet were all but one green dot, is rolling fire.

reach is destroyed, the doctor who spearheaded the spartans is rescued, a religious artifact that the covenant wanted on reach stolen, and 2 spartans are dead. covenant military space station is destroyed, delaying the invasion of earth for a month or 3. 1 spartan is "kidnapped" by the doctor, and mc and the 3 other remaing spartans go back to earth....then HALO2

Robo-Chocobo
And master chief is SO COOL.

hes so tough.

best line i will always rememeber him saying.

"punch it" then the scape pod jetisons, and unlike all the wusses who take a seat, he stands , then survies a crash landing.

then their is sargent johnson

"all you green recruits who wanted to see covenant up close, well todays your lucky day" rememeber your training and you may make it out alive"

marinesmessedIR YES SIR

"uh huh damn right i am"

any halo 2 doubters, need to see the halo2 announcment video with the sound up loud, and you need to whatch the e3 demo. if some one could provide those links i would apreciate it.

in the halo2 announcment movie, you see master chief loading up on guns etc.

all the while you hear raio chatter, with ground forces and navy captains conversing.

"WHILE YOUR UP THERE, ITS THE GODDMAN APPOCALYSPE DOWN HERE , WE NEED AIR SUPPORT!!

AND LET MORE OF THE BASTARDS SLIP BY? THATS INSANITY THEIRS NOTHING MORE I CAN DO!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>